iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Please excuse the dust in the air

Started by Jeff, February 06, 2018, 09:41:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Successfully took a screen shot, but it saves as a .png file, which won't upload.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Edit your file on your phone and save it, it should save as a jpg.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Dave Shepard

Didn't work. I could edit the file name, but it wouldn't let me change the .png part.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Dave Shepard

Ok. Now the desktop view has changed.  :D

Jeff

Nothing on the desktop has changed. You may get caught in between when I try some things, but I'm not doing anything related to a normal desktop view

Dave Shepard

It went back to normal. For a second desktop had drop down menus for unread post options.

Brian_Weekley

Jeff, Somewhat related to Dave...  I always prefer the desktop view on all devices.  On my PC, it always opens in desktop view and that's perfect.  However, on my iPad, it always opens in the mobile view.  I can change it to desktop view and it works.  But if I close and open again it goes right back to mobile view.  Seems like you should be able to set a preference?
e aho laula

Jeff

Quote from: Brian_Weekley on February 08, 2018, 06:11:08 PM
Jeff, Somewhat related to Dave...  I always prefer the desktop view on all devices.  On my PC, it always opens in desktop view and that's perfect.  However, on my iPad, it always opens in the mobile view.  I can change it to desktop view and it works.  But if I close and open again it goes right back to mobile view.  Seems like you should be able to set a preference?

It is because as I've said several places. You need to delete your cookies temp files and bookmarks!  Then come back to the forum and your preferences will stay.

I think there is a misunderstanding about what I am doing. The forum is being rewritten as responsive. Removing the need, unless you want it, to use the mobile version. Just by changing the size of the device, you now get much more mobile friendly options. Fonts that are easier to read, drop down menus that you can easily see, and other advantages.

Southside

Jeff, the new box at the top to chose where to go is not working well. I tried to go to "show new replies to your posts" and it always goes back to "Recent post menu". Android phone.  Jim
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

I was working on it. refresh page and test.

Southside

JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Is the page changing so fact you don't know you have changed pages?  The box will always revert to saying Recent post menu. That is the label for the box, not the page you are on...

Not sure how it could not be working for you.

Southside

Ok - so I am responding from my laptop to make it easier, I got out of the forum on my phone, then back in.  I tried all the options in the pop up box, they all work, except the "new replies" - that one just brings me back to what ever the present screen is on.  I even went VERY gingerly with the mondo hands - no difference. 
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

You still have me confused.  There is no selection titled new replies. There is one titled "new replies to your posts."

There is no reason for the links not to work if they work on your laptop. The links never change, just the format on smaller devices. It works on my phone, it works on Tammy's phone, it works on her tablet, it works on her tablet standing on end, it works on the P.C. with the window slid almost closed so that the drop-down menu is exposed.

Do all three of these links work?

Quote from: Jeff on February 06, 2018, 01:41:46 PM
That first link I gave you IS the recent unread.

Show unread posts since last visit.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=unread

Show new replies to your posts.
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=unreadreplies

The first link at the top, is NOT unread posts. It is most recent posts.
Read Most Recent Posts
http://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=recent

QuoteMy bookmark takes me to recent unread.
Did you delete that bookmark with all the rest?  If it was created before Feb 1  that would be the source of the problem.

Jeff

@Southside logger You were right!  There was a problem that I found when I was trying to add more links to that. One line of code had an extra " in it.  Some browsers would over look that, some not. I removed it and added a new link. Is it all working for you now?

Southside

JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Dave Shepard

I had some issues logging in, but everything seems to be in order now.  :)

Mooseherder

Pages appear to loading much faster for me.  Like blazing. :)

Peter Drouin

I was ok with upload pix, Now It doesn't work. What it a file size??
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

terrifictimbersllc

IFind it very difficult to type in a post on my iPhone, the area I'm typing in to always moves beneath my on screen keyboard and I don't know what to do about it.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Jeff

I can't please everyone I guess.  I've had dozens of reports now how well that things are now working on a phone. By your description, I really have no clue what you are experiencing. Once again, if you have not deleted all forum content from your browser cache cookies, bookmarks, you may continue to have problems.

Magicman

Mine also does that Dennis, but I am very confident that it is because I am a minimum cell phone user.  I spend as much time getting out of whatever I did than doing what I want.  I have large thumbs.   ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Post attempt from my phone. Okay, I don't see a problem with mine so far..space

Space

Space.

More typing to see if I can see a problem. Nothing so far.

Space
I'll try and post a picture after I type a a sentence so long that it needs to start wrapping in the box. No issue

Another space and now a picture.

No issues. Time to post.

Jeff

That was my cute little break the fast sammich @Wildflower made for me yesterday. This topic needs to swing to food.

Thank You Sponsors!