iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olewally

Quote from: thecfarm on February 14, 2016, 07:30:37 AM
You guys in NY keep warm.  ;D  I think up by the border in ME things was suppose to get cold.
swampdonkey usually post about temps,he might be froze in up there.  :(
Same to you. After reading chuck's post it made me feel a bit warmer.  :-*
I either have to many chainsaws or not enough room. ::)

Alcranb

A balmy -10° on Buzzards Bay and the wind is a howling!
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

thecfarm

olewally,I meant to welcome you to the forum,but got interrupted by the dog wanting to go out.
Welcome to the forum.
What wood interest brings you here?  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

graydawn

25 below at 6 am in Bakersfield vermont

dgdrls

-21 F here in CNY.  coldest I recall in a bunch of years. 
record for this date around here

Dan

Chuck White

Quote from: Alcranb on February 14, 2016, 08:00:03 AM
A balmy -10° on Buzzards Bay and the wind is a howling!

Hey, I was stationed at Otis AFB, Buzzards Bay back when I was beginning my first hitch in the Air Force 1968-1969.   smiley_thumbsup
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Ox

I'm showing -19 now, with a minimum stored in the gadget, of -30.  Yesterday was the worst conditions I've ever been in that I can remember and I've had to be out in some doozies.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

curdog

We've got low 20s this morning and supposed to have rain, sleet snow freezing rain come through tonight through tomorrow. . But the forecast shows almost 70 by next weekend. ...definitely crazy weather

chevytaHOE5674

Thermometer on the house recorded -18° here at the house last night. Couple hundred yards away at the barn that one recorded -28° where the cattle are. Cows have about 2" of frost on them this AM and are chowing down on hay like crazy. Sun is coming out and its supposed to warm UP a little today.

Dave Shepard

-18F right now at my house. Warmer here at the farm a 1/4 mile or so away, but the sun actually makes it to the house here. My house is in a dark, cold spot.
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

coxy

we had -22 at our camp 15 miles from here this AM  we burnt more wood this weekend than we did the first week1/2 of hunting season burrrrrrrr  :D

sawguy21

It was 10C, 50F, here yesterday and no relief in sight. ;D You easterners have certainly had a bizarre winter, one extreme to the other. Stay warm and safe.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Just about noon here and -1. Probably go down to the brook and get -6. I'm on a small hill.
Might be one of those days that the only way we will see double digits will be a minus sign in front of it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

+ 10 with snow and 15mph wind where is spring
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Roxie

This is stink bug killing weather!   8)
Say when

drobertson

Not a bad day for some chili, bout 3/8 inches of ice,, yea, stinks, but just below freezing so not that brutal other than trying to walk around,,
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

olewally

Quote from: thecfarm on February 14, 2016, 08:01:06 AM
olewally,I meant to welcome you to the forum,but got interrupted by the dog wanting to go out.
Welcome to the forum.
What wood interest brings you here?  ;D
Thanks for the welcome. I've been doing up my own firewood out here for about 20 years and started working on chainsaws a few years ago. I stick mainly with Stihl 044's, MS440's, 046's and MS460's. I just finished up a few Husky conversions to 272xp's and 268xp's. I enjoy bringing back some of the older saws so they can get back to work again, rather than getting tossed in the scrap pile.
I either have to many chainsaws or not enough room. ::)

SwampDonkey

Was down around -5 this morning, got up to 6F this afternoon. Be back in spring again come Tuesday with rain and 40's.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

We are forecast to be up near 30° tomorrow.

We'll probably set up barrels or tap trees then!    8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

swampdonkey,Thought it might be colder up your way. Guess not this time.
I don't want to jinx myself,but I think we missed the wind. It started Saturday,but was not as bad as what they was calling for.
2 above now.

lowpolyjoe

My old fashion thermometer read -20f this morning.  My digital weather station said something like -15f including wind chill.  Not sure who to believe, but it was brutal cold.   2 of my 3 cars wouldn't start.  They were both due for new batteries.  I drove the one car that did start to the new AutoZone and picked up new batteries and got to swap them the cold this morning  :D.  Crazy how quick my fingers would go numb and become completely useless.  Had to run back in the house a few times to warm up. 

r.man

Meant to post this morning but got sidetracked, it was -39 here and at that temp I don't have to say which scale because they are basically even at that point. Van wouldn't start so we didn't get to the Legion breakfast until 11:30. I have heard of 2 water lines frozen and will probably here about more tomorrow. That is just not a nice temperature for man beast or machinery.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

mesquite buckeye

We are popping records every day here in the mid 80's. Calling for 92 on Wednesday. That's pretty hot for February even for us. :-\ 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

coxy

Quote from: mesquite buckeye on February 14, 2016, 09:43:40 PM
We are popping records every day here in the mid 80's. Calling for 92 on Wednesday. That's pretty hot for February even for us. :-\ 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
:snowball: :snowball: >:( >:( :-X :-X :D :D just put more wood in the owb and its down to -10 again errr

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!