iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

No matter, -40° is -40°, regardless of where you are!  ;D

We have -18° right now, forecast to get up around 30° tomorrow.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

olewally

- 10 this morning, which is still a lot better than yesterday morning. Good time to prep for a trip to the North pole.   :-\
I either have to many chainsaws or not enough room. ::)

thecfarm

I got -2 this morning.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Chuck White

We have -20° this morning.

We're supposed to be getting a "Winter Mix" tomorrow.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Buckshot00

sandhills

I feel bad just reading all this, suppose to be around the 50's for us this week, it'll be nice to get rid of at least some of the snow piles.  With -20 Chuck, I don't think you're gonna get a "summer mix" :).

mesquite buckeye

Uh, like 84 and sunny, with a  tropical breeze in the afternoon.

Where did I put that mint julep? ;D ;D ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

curdog

27 -28 with a light wintery mix. Some of the roads have a good layer of ice.  I did a little dance coming down somewhere icy steps, but luckily I stayed on my feet  8). Should be back in the upper 50s tomorrow

Deese

70° and under a tornado watch. Tornado Warning in neighboring county at the moment  :o
2004 LT40 Super 51hp w/6' bed extension
Cooks AE4P Edger
Cat Claw sharpener/Dual Tooth Setter
Kubota svl75-2 skidsteer w/grapple, forks, brushcutter
1977 Log Hog Knuckleboom loader/truck

Deese

Tornado sirens are now going off  :-\
Cooks AE4P Edger

olewally

We should hit 50 tomorrow. If you include the wind chill factor that would be a 90* temperature swing in 2 days.
For those with tornado warnings in the deep south, stay safe !!    :snowball:

thecfarm

20° now and there is talk of high 40's. Snow in the morning and than the change over.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

r.man

Mesquite, except for the black widow spiders and scorpions the 80 plus sounds good about now. That would be just to get rid of the snow and then it can stay in the 60s for me.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

thecfarm

I have about 2-3 inches of snow with a good crust on top. Had to be sleeting,freeze rain for a while to have that much crust. I have 26°

SwampDonkey

Same here for snow, been freezing rain since a few minutes ago. Temps steadily rising, might see 50F.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

olewally

Quote from: SwampDonkey on February 16, 2016, 06:38:52 AM
Same here for snow, been freezing rain since a few minutes ago. Temps steadily rising, might see 50F.
Same thing here. I could hear the sleet bouncing off the metal roof around midnight.

olewally

Quote from: thecfarm on February 16, 2016, 06:37:03 AM
I have about 2-3 inches of snow with a good crust on top. Had to be sleeting,freeze rain for a while to have that much crust. I have 26°
Same thing here. We had sleet bouncing off the metal roof around midnight. 29* right now. Heavy rain and temps around 50 for this afternoon.

dustyhat

Rain, snow, cold rain, snow, cold. like a broke record. most winter we have had in 25 years. aint worked in two months. just hauling my wife to work. might just get me a sled and start playing with the local kids :laugh:

Chuck White

It was snowing through the night and we got 3-4" of wet (packy) snow, and about 1/2 hour ago it switched over to rain.

We have 32° now!

When the temp drops a couple of degrees it will start with the freezing rain!

Alcranb

-6° yesterday morning, 46° this morning. It started snowing just after dark last evening and by midnight it was raining. Cloudy now and plenty of mud where the snow has melted.
"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.  (Mark Twain)

Seavee

Rain more rain . When will it dry up.
Wood mizer lt50 47hp yanmar Diesel  Sthil MS311, Ms661 MS200T, 029 farm boss  and a New Holland T4  75hp.

SwampDonkey

42F now and still climbing, rain.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Still raining here!

Deese

61° and clear blue sky  :)
Cooks AE4P Edger

SwampDonkey

49 F and still raining.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!