iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

we are under a tornado watch  8) 8)

Ox

Torrential rain, wind, hail, lightning, thunder.  Had a ground strike just across the road in the field and it caused my aluminum window frame to snap like static electricity snapping.  Flash and bang all at once.  Crazy.  Our driveway pond/lake is back from all the snow melt and this round of rain.  Now it's turned to snow and it was coming down like crazy.
K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid
Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without
1989 GMC 3500 4x4 diesel dump and plow truck, 1964 Oliver 1600 Industrial with Parsons loader and backhoe, 1986 Zetor 5211, Cat's Claw sharpener, single tooth setter, homemade Linn Lumber 1900 style mill, old tools

coxy

20 out now and the wind is blowing harder than it was while we where under the watch ??? :)

SwampDonkey

43F this morning (cooling though), still a fine mist of rain around and the river ice has water on top. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Chuck White

Been warm here, 50's & 60's, shut the sugaring down!

Thunderstorm yesterday!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

It poured in the nght,even woke me up.
A sunny day,but that wind is blowing hard. Can hear it roaring. That will help to dry things out.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

thecfarm

20° this morning. I'm not use to this cold weather.  ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

You'll get over it.  :D  ;)

18F early, then quickly recovered to 24 by daylight. Cold south wind.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Guess what?? The wind is blowing. Or should I say roaring. It is a loud wind. And hard.about 20°.

Warbird

We recently had a foot of snow here.  Then it was -33 F this morning.

sawguy21

YIKES!! Now I remember why I moved south. :D It has been around freezing during the day, we woke up to snow yesterday. After it quit I plowed and sanded our steep driveway as we expected visitors this morning. Well DanG it, it was snowing when we got up. Grrr. I had to go to the road and drive them to the house.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

It's been like spring here for a week, 20's at night 40's-50's by noon. Yesterday it cooled down with the NW wind a howling. 13F this morning at this early hour. One thing, this time of year the sun is much stronger. She'll warm up. I think we are suppose to get a couple cold days, then back to spring. I saw my first Grackle yesterday. I heard it, then I saw 4 blue jays fly over, followed by the grackle. I thought I was hearing things, but I know what Grackles are and what they sound like.  A month early, but if they have arrived, early spring. :)

thecfarm

Swampdonkey,early spring,I'll take it.
14° this morning. Not use to this cold weather.  :) Suppose to drop down tonight too.

coxy

we went from spring to summer to fall and back to winter in 2 weeks  ::)

Delawhere Jack

Milled along the North East River in MD today. When I left for the job it was sunny, on the way it turned cloudy. While milling, the sun came out again, one hour later it was sunny and snowing... Finished up the job and it was sunny again (with no snow). Got paid, shook the clients hand and headed home. Put on my sunglasses.... twenty minutes later I'm on the freeway and it's snowing again, hard. Parked the mill and started heading home,..... time for the sunglasses again.

The only thing consistent was a biting damp wind. Milled some nice spalted holly though, so all was good. :)

Woodcutter_Mo

It's been mostly in the 50's-60's here in southern Mo for daytime temps the last few weeks, even had several 70's and an 80° day mixed in. There was a couple small Tornados about an hour from me the other night, we just got a heafty storm that woke me up at 2:30am with some small hail and alot of lightning and my boss who lives about 8 miles north got some prety fair size hail.

There are trees starting to bud out and bloom around here so I hope we don't get a killing freeze now.
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

thecfarm

And drop it did,2°.  That will make the truck turn over kinda slow.  ;D
Did not get above freezing yesterday. The wind ws blowing too.

curdog

I bet a lot of plants got hit hard last night. It's sitting in the mid 20s. Many of the fruit trees are blooming and some of the other plants are just starting to pop out of the ground.... but on the bright side, the Bradford pears are blooming as well, so maybe they got hit hard as well  :D

SwampDonkey

That's kind of odd, because even though warmth triggers spring growth I have only ever seen willow and aspen break bud in an extra ordinary spring like warm up. I have seen bristly locust (not native up here) do it in February 1980 when it was 50 and 60's in February. When it turned cold in March, that was the end of the locust trees.  ;D Never seen maple or birch break out in those odd springs, nor softwoods and for that matter not even apple or wild cherry.

curdog

Quote from: SwampDonkey on March 04, 2017, 08:31:36 AM
That's kind of odd, because even though warmth triggers spring growth I have only ever seen willow and aspen break bud in an extra ordinary spring like warm up. I have seen bristly locust (not native up here) do it in February 1980 when it was 50 and 60's in February. When it turned cold in March, that was the end of the locust trees.  ;D Never seen maple or birch break out in those odd springs, nor softwoods and for that matter not even apple or wild cherry.
Yeah,most of the ornamentals are blooming,but many of the fruit trees are blooming. I noticed a few redbuds flowering this morning and all the red maples. We spent quite a few days of February 70 + with a couple of days bumping 80. We'll be right around freezing again tonight. We're a few weeks early on the plants this year.

SwampDonkey

Last spring was early for us, no snow this time of year. Picture here of the birds feeding on the cranberries. And today, same day as last year they arrived on them bushes to feed again. :D But today is frigid cold and snow on the ground (ice and crust).

thecfarm

I would have to check back on last spring,I do remember it being dry. I was using the garden hose to wet the ground so I would not catch the leaves on fire boiling sap.

Den Socling

Our temperatures are up and down like a yo-yo. And the wind? jeeze

thecfarm

10° and the birds are hungry.

SwampDonkey

Lots of cold wind to.  ;D

Thank You Sponsors!