iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New Tanaka won't stay running

Started by aquacanis, December 05, 2011, 08:55:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquacanis

My new 32 cc Tanaka starts well cold.  If you shut it off and restart it immediately it will start again.  If you run it for half a tank then shut it off and leave it for 10 minutes, it won't start period.  I got spark and fuel and it still won't start.  Getting real frustrated.  If I refuel it while it is idling it will continue to run. A bad
thing to do.  If it runs out of gas and you refill it, it is also done for the day.   Won't restart.
Any suggestions?

Kevin

If it has fuel and spark and won't start I would try different starting options like applying the brake and holding the trigger.
Maybe it's flooding, usually they need a prime after ten minutes but no choke.
Could be choke for one pull then off.

aquacanis

Thanks for the reply Kevin,  I will try this tomorrow and let you know if it works.

isawlogs

I think that your motor needs a valve adjustment. When hot they don't open enough.  :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

aquacanis

Thanks isawlogs,  Never adjusted a valve on this kind of two cycle.  Do they shim them?  I assume they are a reed valve.  Can you tell me how to accomplish this?
Or check it at least?

isawlogs

For some reason I thought it was a four stroke, sorry,  :-\  in your case it could be a timing issue. Coil to fly wheel distance could be off a little, might want to check what the distance should be on that engin. Once the engin warms up the gap is too small to fire properly , once it cools it fires up.
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

lumberjack48

Turn the low jet about 1/4 turn counter clockwise, after doing this you might have to turn your idle screw up a little. just a thought
Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

John Mc

Any chance the saw is vapor locked? You could check for this by letting the saw idle to cool down before shutting it off. If that makes a difference, there are some things you can do to help your saw run cooler and avoid this.
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

thecfarm

You say new,how new? Can you return it?
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!