iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Standing in the need of Prayer

Started by Bro. Noble, October 19, 2004, 11:40:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Thanks.  Her health had been rapidly declining since December, but you are never really prepared for a loved one's life ending. 

We never really understand how/why things work the way that they do.  For some reason, I had told yesterday's saw customer that I would start the job "about mid morning".   Pat questioned me "why so late?", and I really didn't have an answer.  As it turns out, there is absolutely no cell service at that location.  Now, I'll just start that job next Monday.

By the way.....that's that big Cherry log job.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

pineywoods

Condolences to your entire family. Letting Mom go is a hard thing to do.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

nas

Our condolences MM. You and your family are in our prayers.

Nick
Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

sawman

Sorry to hear of your loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Bro. Noble

In view of our current economic woes,  it might be appropriate to petition God for a little help for our countries,  our leaders,  and our fellowmen.

A good friend of ours (yours and mine) has recently learned that he will soon be out of work.  This is an outstanding person and will come out well I'm confident,  but it has to be very unsettling for him and his family in the meanwhile.  I doubt that he is the only forum member with this type of worry.  Lets keep them in our prayers too.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

JohnG28

Funny that this old thread should pop up, Ive never seen this one before. However, this past Thursday an employee of the State agency I work for, and President of our union, and just all around great guy, was killed in a motorcycle accident.  He was just 56.  I know his family could use some prayers for help and strength.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

sawman

'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Warbird

Good thoughts, Noble.  We'll be joining you in that prayer.

John, we'll also be praying for that family.  There was a tragic death here in Fairbanks on Thursday, as well.  A truck appears to have run a red light at high speed (it was on a highway) and struck a 14 year old girl on a bicycle in the crosswalk.  It was very bad and she was killed instantly.  She comes from a good family and they could use prayers, as well.  The driver could also use a lot of prayer, as he is a good man who seems to have made a tragic mistake.  This single mistake has irrevocably changed a lot of people's lives.

It's a sad, sad situation.  We are waiting to hear if the D.A is going to file charges.

JohnG28

Thanks guys, and prayers go out to all that need them.  Thats terrible to hear Warbird, hope that no further tragedy comes from a terrible accident.
Stihl MS361, 460 & 200T, Jonsered 490, Jonsereds 90, Husky 350 & 142, Homelite XL and Super XL

Buck

Prayers of need for those mentioned and prayers of thanks for the friends I've found here on the forum.
Respect is earned. Honesty is appreciated. Trust is gained. Loyalty is returned.

Live....like someone left the gate open

Warbird

I don't usually do this, posting a link to a news story and asking for general prayer but this one sort of choked me up.  A man made a split second decision and sacrificed himself to save his wife and unborn child.  The media picked it up because it is 'good news' that tugs at the heart strings but regardless of that...  I believe this woman could use some prayer.

One of the things she said, as she was being interviewed, black eye and bruised face, "I would give anything to be able to hug my husband again."  And you could tell she really meant it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/39147750#39147750

StephenRice

Due to my stubborn pride I usually don't ask anyone for anything, but I need to kill that pride.  I could use some prayer for some stressful situations I am going through right now.  Thanks...
"Pure gold fears no fire!" - (Ancient Chinese proverb)  What do you fear?

Warbird

StephenRice

Prayer for one situation answered today.  One down, a few more to go...

Okrafarmer

Quote from: StephenRice on September 14, 2010, 02:16:06 PM
Due to my stubborn pride I usually don't ask anyone for anything, but I need to kill that pride.  I could use some prayer for some stressful situations I am going through right now.  Thanks...

Praying for you right now. That stubborn pride thing is one of the worst enemies we have, bro.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

StephenRice

Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 14, 2010, 07:33:52 PM

Praying for you right now. That stubborn pride thing is one of the worst enemies we have, bro.

Yes, I know.  I have to put that one to death but it sort of likes to keep popping its ugly head up out of the grave.  It is an ongoing battle...

sandhills

petefrom bearswamp

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

Okrafarmer

Quote from: StephenRice on September 14, 2010, 11:07:01 PM
Quote from: Okrafarmer on September 14, 2010, 07:33:52 PM

Yes, I know.  I have to put that one to death but it sort of likes to keep popping its ugly head up out of the grave.  It is an ongoing battle...

"Humble yourself in the eyes of the Lord and He will lift you up." I have to remind myself too.
Praying again.
He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Psalm 91:1

Operating a 2020 Woodmizer LT35 hydraulic for Upcountry Sawmill, Dacusville, SC

Now selling Logrite tools!

Writing fiction and nonfiction! Check my website.

fishpharmer

My prayer is for the Lord to lift up and heal all of us in need.
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

H60 Hawk Pilot

My Heart and Prayer's Go Out to  You  " Stephen, and Everyone Needing Voiced Prayer. "

I have learned to be Humble and be Thankful for the day to day well being of my family and all the Good Folk's out there.

I lost my Human Companion, Skip... Black Lab.  Yesterday. He was ten and in great shape and was very fast. He had a Heart of Gold, so Loving and Kind.  The Vet said, Skip got into poison and I have No idea how this could have happened. I never bought any poison and the people that lived here had animals. Skip got loose one time and was waiting at the door when we got home, other wise he was not free to roam.  I noticed he was losing weight about four week's ago. I thought it was the difference in climate (PA t FL) and adjustment to the summer heat. Skip, was inside or in the shade & put open capped (frozen) ice water bottles in his big water bowl at mid day. I took him to the Vet in July and updated his shot's & check up as good.

Anyway, this Monday, he could hardly walk, the Vet. drew some blood & he had a low blood count and gave him med's. when the report came back. He got worst & worst and yesterday morning I rushed him to Vet.,  he said... Skip  was bleeding inside from poison (was passing black stuff and it was blood). Skip had got enough poison to take his life over a longer period of time. I asked the Vet to put him to sleep and he died in my arm's. Skip needed his eternal peace because he was fighting to live and suffering so.

Skip was One of my Best Friend's and I have a very short list of best friend's. Talking about a dog... may not be proper to say that much about animals here but they are God's Creature's too. They have  Loving Heart's and Very Loyal Friend's and other valued character trait's and can be " So Special,  Beyond Heart Felt Word's. " 

My Heart and Prayer's Go Out to Everyone (listed here) in Need of Lot's of Prayer Power from the Good Folk's Here.

Avery   

Case 1150B & IHC TD-340 Dozer's, IHC 4WD 3800 & CAT 436B Hoe's, Franklin 170, Semi's: (1) Freightliner, (2) KW's, Marmon, Mack w/ Prentice Ldr., F-700 Crane Trk., (6) Mid Size Trk's. - Dumps, Flats, 1 Ton w/ 40 ft. 5th Whl. & (4) Semi Tlr's., LM 2000 Mill, (2) XL 12's., Solo 681, EFCO 152, Old Iron.

Warbird

Hey Avery.  It is hard to lose a good companion like that.  I feel your pain and am praying for you, too.  Focus on the good life you gave Skip and it'll help ease the loss.

Magicman

You lost a very loyal companion.  Sounds like maybe he got into some antifreeze.  :-\   Anyway,  I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sure that you will be looking for that special puppy.  smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sandhills

I'm so sorry to hear your loss, animals can be just as much a freind as any person and I beleive there are a lot of people that could learn a great deal from their animals if they chose to.  I held one of our dogs while she died from getting into rat poison, dad ran to the vet but didn't  get back in time, it's not a good feeling.  my prayers are with you.

WDH

Avery,

Thank you for sharing that.  I am sorry to hear of your loss.  I understand more that you may know. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!