TR,
what cut of pork BBQ do you find goes best with grits?  :P
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Weekend_Sawyer

I can answer that, BACON!!   8)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Dave Shepard

TR, we have oatmeal, the perfect answer to winter. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Paul_H

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on February 18, 2014, 01:14:19 PM

I can answer that, BACON!!   8)

Bacon is the answer to many things  ;D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

ffpup

How about Shrimp and Grits boys!! They are awesome!  8) :D 8) 8) :D Then they will make your head go  :) ! Oh and i like em with butter, salt and pepper too.
00 Vance 471 Detroit power

Magicman

Did someone remind me of Shrimp & Grits again??
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Texas Ranger

betern smashed taters 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Texas Ranger

Paul H, bacon, canadian bacon, ham of any nature, never tried ribs with grits, but just another cut of BACON!  Head cheese may be pushing it a bit, as well as souse.

Texas Ranger

Oh, and sausage, oh  yeah, sausage 8)

thecfarm

Oh the horrors. That DanG picture keeps showing up in the worst places. And than more horrors.putting bacon,sausage with.... I can't even post the word that brings my taste buds to say NO.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

beenthere

But thecfarm, gotta admit that pic of eggs and "g**ts" is better'n the one of MM's feet.   ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

thecfarm

Oh no more horrors.  :D  I am admiting you are right.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Magicman

OK, I'm gonna make a comparison..........just joking.  No mixing Grits and Toes.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

coxy

those poor poor  shrimp what did they do to deserve getting mixed up with grits :D :'( :'( 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Magicman

Their punishment was that they got eaten.  Every one of them along with the Grits.   food6

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on February 18, 2014, 09:41:25 PM
Their punishment was that they got eaten.  Every one of them along with the Grits.   food6

Mississippi has a high rate of executing Shrimp.
They're worse than Texas.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

petefrom bearswamp

Boy did I ever open a can of worms.
Thanks to all who responded both pro and con.
I try to keep an open mind when sampling all foods that are strange to me, some i have liked and some not.
The grits I had were rather bland with only butter salt and pepper.
Magic,  saw maple syrup in one of your pics and plan to try that next time, but not the liver stuff altho a liverwurst with onion sandwich is a favorite of mine.

Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

coxy

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on February 19, 2014, 10:58:22 AM
Boy did I ever open a can of worms.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

isawlogs

I tried them with DanG and they aint any better tasting, I also think that the texture is just wrong, so Ray just go right ahead and scratch that off your list. Although Dan was not the cooker of those things, dried up corn good (whoed of thought that that (Tom) would've made good eatin'    Due.. wait it didn't )   Still I don't think he is good enough of a cook to make those things taste any different then what one will put on them or mix with them Shrimp, why waste a good shrimp !!!! Mix bacon, someone needs to pay for that..... Now bacon and shrimp, leave that awfull stuff and ya might have something.  :)

(g) respecticli spellin'
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

ely

I will eat grits any way I have seen em fixed, but  I am not a picky eater though.
only a few things I cant eat that I know of is the horseradish cheese I got from a member here one time, other things I don't eat consist of coconut anything,,, except macaroons, I love me some macaroons.

Texas Ranger

Isawlogs, you will just have to come south and try the real stuff, any where south of the Mason-Dixon.  Best places are called "Mom's" or "Juniors", or anything other than the big chains, although, occasionally they do get things right.  And bacon, well, bacon makes everything all right.  It is the soul in soul food.  If nothing else, the fat from ham or bacon into redeye gravy.  Now ya got me salivating.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

DanG Marcel....where did you find a G that small.  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Quote from: petefrom bearswamp on February 19, 2014, 10:58:22 AMMagic,  saw maple syrup in one of your pics and plan to try that next time. 
That BBTom maple syrup was for the biscuits, not the grits.  Nothing on my grits but salt, pepper, & butter.  (or maybe a fried egg or two stirred in.)  ;D 

Back in the day when I was working 11pm-7am, about 3-4 o'clock a big bowl of grits went down might nice on a cold night.  It probably also had something to do with that bowl only costing 75 cents.  Those were some tough times.  :-\

I have never seen where grits have much taste.  Grits are just something that goes along with everything else to fill the belly.   :)

firecord

Country Fried Grits Recipe.  Better than totts.
Ingredients
* 3/4 cup - Sharp chedder cheese (shredded)
* Grits - (real and cooked)
* 2 - eggs
* 1/2 cup - milk
* Salt and pepper
Directions
Stir in sharp chedder cheese and stir. Place cooked Grits in a 9"x12" Pyrex dish. Chill in refrigerator overnight. Prepare 2 eggs, slightly beaten, salt and pepper to taste. Cut Grits into 3" strips and batter with egg mixture.
Fry in butter until golden. Serve hot.

isawlogs

Now what in the world is '' sharp '' cheese  ???   :P
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Thank You Sponsors!