Started by Weekend_Sawyer, January 06, 2020, 11:14:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdonovan

Ah too used to dozers which have much more substantial tracks

Southside

I don't think triple grousers would have helped him.... :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

jdonovan

He could have dug that hole a lot faster with triple grousers, which would have given him more daylight to work on getting it unstuck. :D

chet

Lots of crawler loaders have a backhoe too. Which he could have used ta dig dat hole.  ;D  Although it might have taken longer.   :D

Sorry Jon, no mercy from this bunch.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Don P

"You'll have some of that on these big jobs"

Greyman

Here's another method if you're sunk too deep for the pole or have a longer distance to go.  Works on trucks etc. also, but not tracked vehicles.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09MAs9bNpE 

WV Sawmiller

Greyman,

Thanks for posting. I started to say that was pretty slick but that is how they got in the fix they were in to start with. :D It is a very useful looking solution.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

randy d

Thanks for posting that was pretty slick I have chained a pole across the wheels a few times but this looks to be less dangerous . Randy

Ed_K

He would have been better off to leave the bucket down with pressure to keep the front tires up an also stabilize the tractor better.
Ed K

moosehunter

Jon, I stuck a D6 and it looked a lot like that. Mud was top of tracks were at the same level. Father of the gal I was digging the pond showed up with his large JD backhoe and dug me out. He had to dig all the way around me then in front , I just drove out.

mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

scsmith42

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

square1

Quote from: GAB on January 06, 2020, 08:44:48 PM
Quote from: Chuck White on January 06, 2020, 08:39:04 PM
That works pretty good, Lynn!

As a sidenote:  keep the chain AWAY from the valve stem!  :o
And keep the engine rpm's to the minimum possible.
GAB
And only BACK over it. Dad drove the exhaust stack on a Super M into the ground trying to drive forward doing this.

Weekend_Sawyer

We are heading up this weekend to try and retrieve the machine.
I don't know what to expect as it snowed 4 - 6" (depending on who you ask)
and will be in the 60's.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

chet

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on January 10, 2020, 08:37:23 AM
and will be in the 60's.

Jon
Sounds like yer gonna have lots more mud   :(
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Raider Bill

Quote from: Weekend_Sawyer on January 10, 2020, 08:37:23 AM
and will be in the 60's.

Jon

Good luck Jon. be careful.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

Weekend_Sawyer

My brother Chris and I had a good weekend to get the machine out.
The snow melted and the temp went up to 60!

We used block and tackle and rigged a 4 part line and using
Our neighbor Steve's 75 Hp 4wd New Holland, it came right out.

We spent Saturday afternoon helping Steve do some maintenance on his New Holland and then all day Sunday demudding the crawler, changing the engine oil and rear drive oil.

The engine oil was not compromised but it was time. 5 gallons.
The transmission oil looked fine so we didn't mess with it.
The rear end oil looked like a pink milkshake. We changed it. 15 gallons.
What I should have done was to drain the contaminated oil, refill it with diesel fuel, drain it and then put in the fresh oil. But alas I skipped the 2nd part and the fresh oil is now slightly contaminated. I'm going to run it for about 30 minutes and then change it again.

Overall, what a weekend.
Yes we and all of our equipment got real muddy.
But really, we all had a pretty good time working together.

I still have one saw log down in that bottom and it's going to stay there till we can install come culvert's and a couple loads of shale.

Meanwhile, next weekend there's a couple of blow downs at a higher elevation I can retrieve!

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

GAB

W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

DPatton

Quote from: Greyman on January 08, 2020, 05:51:29 PM
Here's another method if you're sunk too deep for the pole or have a longer distance to go.  Works on trucks etc. also, but not tracked vehicles.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d09MAs9bNpE
I grew up farming in Southeast Nebraska, and that is not considered a stuck tractor. Although being an International maybe I over estimated it's capabilities.  :D :D :D
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!