iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

WDH

The "Trump" thread is in Restricted Topics. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

K-Guy

@WDH 
I looked back a couple of pages and didn't see a post by you?
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WDH

I only read it because I am an Admin.  I do not typically post in the Restricted Topics. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Well it has been quite a while since I made a contribution here, and even now I am not admitting to anything but I do have a question: You know those jugs that windshield washer fluid comes in?? Well do you folks how long it takes to unwrap and extricate one of them from the final stage of a 3 stage snow blower? Just askin'. :D ;D
 The answer, as it turns out, is about 20 freezing cold minutes and you will likely tear up your gloves in the process.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Resonator

Probably not as long as it takes to unwrap 50' of extension cord or garden hose from a 6' wide tractor PTO driven snow blower. (Don't ask me how I know this).  ;D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

breederman

Not as long as it takes to unwrap 1/4 mile of electric fence wire from.a hay tedder.....at least that's what I hear😁
Together we got this !

ladylake

I sawed all day yesterday and didn't do anything dumb,  rare.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

SawyerTed

Quote from: breederman on December 17, 2020, 03:41:56 PM
Not as long as it takes to unwrap 1/4 mile of electric fence wire from.a hay tedder.....at least that's what I hear😁
Or 200 yards of high tensile wire from a PTO driven 6' rotary tiller....I heard that from somebody else too 🙄 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Old Greenhorn

Fence wire and garden hoses are not very exciting. I have to say the snow looked like a ran a Smurf through a wood chipper. Such a pretty blue hue ALL over. Like a giant snow cone. :D
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

firefighter ontheside

OG, I would gladly have to extricate the plastic bottle from the snow blower if it meant I could have some snow to plow, shovel, throw, ski in.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on December 17, 2020, 09:01:56 PM
OG, I would gladly have to extricate the plastic bottle from the snow blower if it meant I could have some snow to plow, shovel, throw, ski in.
Be careful what you ask for! :D ;D

JoshNZ

At last.. no words needed but I would like to know where I collect my club badge =D

firefighter ontheside

The cut mark on your mill IS your  badge.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

WV Sawmiller

I'm sure glad I've never done anything like that. ::) :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Rhodemont

That big pile of baling twine next to the barn from feeding the horses got a bit smaller when I snagged it in the snow blower.  I think I will start a new bed time prayer..."Please do not let me do something dumb tomorrow".
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

doc henderson

God likes a little humor now and then, he will probably just smile.   :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

sawguy21

I worked in small engine shops and have no idea how many miles of twine, barbed wire, extension cord I have cut out of snowblowers. I have the scars to prove it.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Andries

Quote from: JoshNZ on December 18, 2020, 01:17:28 AMAt last.. no words needed but I would like to know where I collect my club badge =D
And your chainsaw rescue skills are impressive.
Just the right amount of downward cut to get you back to sawing without wasting the next board.
Carry on the good work!  ;D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

SawyerTed

Quote from: JoshNZ on December 18, 2020, 01:17:28 AM
At last.. no words needed but I would like to know where I collect my club badge =D

A couple of weeks ago. I didn't just skim the backstop I sawed into it at sawing speed about 5 or 6 inches from the top.  I did it in front of my customer/neighbor, his dad and his crowd of cronies who were standing around smoking, chewing, watching and editorializing.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Old Greenhorn

Well, I might as well come clean, that was me yesterday who wrapped that antifreeze jug in the snow blower. And today, I topped it. I was doing the extra work to cut a path out to the wood stack where the snow has exploded one of the high tarps I had it covered with. I thought it split down the middle, but I was wrong. At at rate, all the guy ropes snapped 'with energy' and flew off into the woods like rubber bands, BUT I managed to find one and wrapped about 20' of it around the first ands second stage auger shafts. That took over an hour, in the shop, and I had to take that 1st stage halfway apart. That nylon rope wrapped up inside the plastic bushing sleeve with enough force to pop the c-clip off. What a mess. My Dad was right, I have to learn the hard way, always.
 The good news is, the tarp did not split and I can reset it tomorrow, I am too pooped now and have to do a gas run.

JoshNZ

Quote from: Andries on December 18, 2020, 11:47:41 AM
Quote from: JoshNZ on December 18, 2020, 01:17:28 AMAt last.. no words needed but I would like to know where I collect my club badge =D
And your chainsaw rescue skills are impressive.
Just the right amount of downward cut to get you back to sawing without wasting the next board.
Carry on the good work!  ;D
Kind of easy when the blade has climbed up away from the cut, I had a 1/2" of padding to play with there.
I've had the mill sawing for over a year now and it's the first time I've hit it  smiley_crying. In that year I've often thought, this blade is buggered, and I know that backstop must be close, and I've gotta get my first one out of the way at some point, so I'll just risk it haha. Epitome of laziness. And yet I'd never hit it. This time I just forgot  :-\

RAYAR

Quote from: JoshNZ on December 18, 2020, 01:17:28 AM

Apparently you haven't made a blade guard yet to prevent this ;D
mobile manual mill (custom build) (mods & additions on-going)
Custom built auto band sharpener (currently under mods)
Husqvarna 50, 61, 254XP (and others)
96 Polaris Sportsman 500
2006 Ranger 4X2 w/cap, manual trans (431,000 Km)

Nebraska

I once wound a significant  chunk of overhead triplex up into my brush mower. It had been moved, not by me.....  ::) 

samandothers

Quote from: Nebraska on December 19, 2020, 12:18:10 AM
I once wound a significant  chunk of overhead triplex up into my brush mower. It had been moved, not by me.....  ::)
You gotta stop mowing the pole tops.

Thank You Sponsors!