Sponsors:

Sawing project 2022

Started by customsawyer, February 18, 2022, 07:29:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scsmith42

Quote from: GAB on February 19, 2022, 10:10:46 AM
Quote from: scsmith42 on February 19, 2022, 08:20:49 AM
Quote from: scsmith42 on February 18, 2022, 06:06:42 PM
If Laureen is in town that weekend I may be able to escape the farm.  Put me down for a tentative 18.
Well, unfortunately Laureen is already scheduled to be doing volunteer veterinary work on a Zuni Indian reservation in New Mexico that weekend, so I'm down for the count.
Y'all enjoy!
Scott:
Now, you make sure you take good care of WHAT BURRO.
Gerald
:D :D :D
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

DbltreeBelgians

Oh yeah "Brofessor"  8), Jill and I are in.
That should make  #26&#27 🤔

Brent

DeadHeadLogging

Me and my dad are planning on coming Saturday. 28 and 29
Looking forward to meeting everyone there and learning from "real deal sawyers"

WillisHomestead

My wife, Val and I make 30m and 31 probably Saturday only. :)

Stephen1

Cathy and I would love to come, but we are not yet allowed across th border or allowed to come home if we did get across the border. If it changes we will come for sure. 
Enjoy everyone!
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

Nomad

We've already talked about it, but just to make it official and add to the count I'll add myself here.  I believe I make it 32.
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

Nomad

I think it's a good idea for the people who aren't  bringing food to assist Jake in this Project if you can.  Just my opinion.  Maybe bring paper goods, snacks, drinks, ice, etc.
    I'm not sure how to format this, so if anyone has a better way to do it please help me out.
    If you don't know for a fact you'll be attending, PLEASE don't add to this list.  It will only cause confusion!!!

Admin:  If there's a better way to address this HEP ME, HEP ME!

I intend to bring enough plastic plates and utensils to last for the duration of the project.  Still leaves room for Solo cups, napkins, etc.
    Anybody else ready to pitch in?
Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

fluidpowerpro

I'm thinking about attending but need to know if my best friend can come too. He's a dog....
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Machinebuilder

I'll second the question about dogs

I won't know If I can make it until I see how things look at work at that time.
Dave, Woodmizer LT15, Husqvarna 460 and Stihl 180, Bobcat 751, David Brown 770, New Holland TN60A

Southside

Guys, come on. Jake puts this on at his place, it's a working sawmill and his home. He is already sticking his neck out there by graciously opening his doors up to all of us and all he hopes to do is cover the costs, let's not ask more of him than that.

Believe me when I say that we love our dogs as much as anyone, but put them in a strange environment, with dangerous machines operating, heavy equipment rolling around, and a bunch of strangers and you don't know how they may react. 

It only takes a second for something to go wrong and a disaster to happen. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Mfrost459

Well I've been looking forward to this for the last two years! I'll be #33. Last time I brought some tables and chairs. Brought about 50 chairs and 5 tables, I think that is right. Let me know what you need and I can bring them. Also I know Jake is very generous for hosting this event, anyway we can contribute some funds to this gig I am willing. 
Jake's place is like a sawmiller's paradise!! If it is possible to see the Lucas Slabber mill in operation that would be awesome. I've been thinking about adding one to our set up. 
This is the best event of the year in book! See ya there!
Wood-Mizer LT50 Wide 2021 - LT-40 - 1992
EG-200 board Edger - New Holland Skilsteer - Kubota SVL95-2 skidsteer
Nyle L53 Kiln -  Nyle L200S Container Kiln

Have a great day milling!

Jeff

After having 20 years of Forestry Forum pigroasts, I can tell you the biggest disruptions we have ever had, came from people bringing dogs. You as the guests may never realize the issues you create, because a good host will compensate, but I guarantee, as well trained as my dogs are, I'd  not even consider bringing them to something like that.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Sixacresand

Sorry, my dogs have to stay home.  They have been self trained to bring road litter and road kill to our front yard.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

doc henderson

Happy birthday Sixacresand.  I remember my first trip to Jaks's place and I had a ton of questions.  I actually got to know Tom the Sawyer that way.  I had a ton of questions, so I think it was good that you asked the question fluidpowerpro and machinebuilder.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

Also, let's not hold this against him, but Jake is a cat guy.  :D
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

If I recall, many people brought various types of food.  It was put out for everyone to try.  it seemed the big hits were food and drink unique to that person or where they were from.  there was a cash jar, and at meals many contributed to that.  I had flown, so I brought a few things, and contributed to the cash jar.  I did a fire-starting demo in the middle of a sawmill.  now that is trust.  It was like an informative family reunion without the rude uncle or loud aunt.  It is a good way to get to put a face and real name with your favorite folks here on the forum.  little things that happen at these events become the little inside jokes mentioned among friends on the forum.  like chickens and goat currency.  
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

btulloh

Cat guys are more evolved and have a deeper understanding of the universe and all things in it. Not that there's anything wrong with dogs. All good. 
HM126

K-Guy

Quote from: btulloh on February 21, 2022, 09:49:14 AMCat guys are more evolved and have a deeper understanding of the universe and all things in it.

Sorry, I've had both and still have a dog but I have to ask you one question.

What color is the sky in your world? Because it sure isn't this one! smiley_jester  say_what
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

btulloh

lol lol lol lol lol

Yeah, I understand your position. 

That was pretty much my position until fifteen years ago when I inherited a 16 year old Maine Coon. That cat gave me additional insight on the situation.

But I'm really both a dog guy and a cat guy now. 

HM126

Southside

Well I started as a cow guy, who became a dog guy, that now identifies as a chicken guy.  :D
JD Processor
Riehl Edger
White Oak Meadows

Jeff

Hey @K-Guy does nyle have any commercial incubation control info you can bring for Jim? 

K-Guy

Quote from: Jeff on February 21, 2022, 01:42:50 PMHey @K-Guy does nyle have any commercial incubation control info you can bring for Jim? 

He could use his L200 if he had the settings correct but it wouldn't be cost effective.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

scsmith42

Quote from: btulloh on February 21, 2022, 09:49:14 AM
Cat guys are more evolved and have a deeper understanding of the universe and all things in it. Not that there's anything wrong with dogs. All good.
(grin)

Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

Jeff

Quote from: K-Guy on February 21, 2022, 01:58:08 PM
Quote from: Jeff on February 21, 2022, 01:42:50 PMHey @K-Guy does nyle have any commercial incubation control info you can bring for Jim?

He could use his L200 if he had the settings correct but it wouldn't be cost effective.
These are highly valuable giant, barking chickens.

doc henderson

so @Southside   are you a biological dog or cow?   ;)   :o   :) :) :)

commercially incubating what?

Thank You Sponsors!