iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I didn't like that movie at all...

Started by Weekend_Sawyer, January 18, 2006, 10:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cedarman

For  pure escapist entertainment I have found nothing beats "Raders of the Lost Ark"
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

SwampDonkey

I have all those movies to. :) Rumours have been floating around for 3 or 4 years of a new 'Indy' movie.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

Quote from: Jodi on January 20, 2006, 09:23:09 AM
It's pretty hard to beat the Holy Grail movies.  ;D

Jodi,
you sound like a very smart girl,I liked that movie too.  ;D
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

pigman

Quote from: Paul_H on January 20, 2006, 09:59:12 PM
Jodi,
you sound like a very smart girl,I liked that movie too.  ;D
I wonder where she gets her smarts. ;) ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Stephen_Wiley

Just rented and watched 'The Great Raid'  recommend it to those who have missed History. Note interesting fact which took place in 1938, that impacted us in 1941.

" If I were two faced, do you think I would be wearing this one?"   Abe Lincoln

etat

Actually I watched a pretty dang good movie the other day or so.  Saraha with Matthew McConaughey.  The whole thing was entirely unbeleivable, but danged if I didn't have a lot of fun not beleiving it!  One poor guy musta lost his hat half a dozen times or so and every time it was his favorite hat......... :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Minnesota_boy

Quote from: Paul_H on January 20, 2006, 11:03:16 PM
From her mother  :D

You're suggesting that you still have all yours??  ;D :D :D :D 8)
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

SwampDonkey

Quote from: cktate on January 21, 2006, 01:31:39 AM
Actually I watched a pretty dang good movie the other day or so.  Saraha with Matthew McConaughey.  The whole thing was entirely unbeleivable, but danged if I didn't have a lot of fun not beleiving it!  One poor guy musta lost his hat half a dozen times or so and every time it was his favorite hat......... :)

Ck, I came back onto the thread just to mention that very movie. It was great. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

I highly recommend it for anyone who thinks they don't' make good movies anymore.  The action adventure  woulda left Indiana Jones 'almost' struggling to keep up.....Well maybe not   :)  but it WAS a really good fun movie....
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

SwampDonkey

The main characters are taken from a novel by Clive Cussler. The head guy in the movie is named for Dirk Pitt (hmmm Pitt ??) played by Matthew McConaughey.

Well it don't quite hold up to Indy films, but I give it a big thumbs up regardless of what the critics say. I like Penélope Cruz's character as a doctor for WHO. I also liked the 'Lets do a Panama scene' and the look on Admiral Jim Sandecker's face (William H. Macy) when he hears on the phone about what's taking place with his boat. :D :D ;)

It almost looks to me as if they are striving for a sequel, but I don't think it will fly. ;D

Sunfield Hardwood

a while back I saw johny depp badmouthing the U.S. on tv, from his home in france, he won't be getting any of my sawbucks ,ever. >:(. On a happier note, I really liked second hand lions, hildago,and national treasure [even though I did'nt like the idea of someone messing with the declaration of independence] it was better than I expected, I'll take the duke over most of the liberal whiners they call movie star these days
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

Thank You Sponsors!