iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Guides cooks or Wood mizer?

Started by Kwill, March 03, 2018, 04:40:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kwill

I don't see much of a difference as far as the guides themselves go. The mounts are a little different. What do you guys think? 
Built my own hydraulic splitter
Built my own outdoor wood stove
Built my own log arch
built my own bandsaw sawmill
Built my own atv log arch.
Built my own FEL grapple

ladylake

I'd go with the 2 1/2 or 3" wheels Cooks sells, they turn slower and will last longer than 2" wheels.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

JB Griffin

It depends on what you are after. You can get the whole package from cooks with ease, from wm you have to have all the part numbers etc.

Also I agree with Steve the bigger the better. 
2000 LT40hyd remote 33hp Kubota with 6gpm hyd unit, 150 Prentice, WM bms250, Suffolk dual tooth setter

Over 3.5million bdft sawn with a Baker Dominator.

Kwill

Wood mizer sells the complete assemblies or individual parts. I don't need the mount a just the rollers. Trying to convince myself to plop down the 100.00 :).
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

ladylake

You could build your own guides using bearings. I'd use 2  3" od bearings to push the blade down and a 2" od bearing behind the blade as it shouldn't even turn until the blade get dull.  I have no idea why some manufactures use those really small bearing that turn a zillion rpm to push the blade down.  Steve 
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Kwill

Yeah ive been going back and forth on buying and building. I have the mounts built I'm going to be cutting cedar for myself. Its not going to be used for making a living with. 
Built my own log arch
Built my own FEL grapple

Thank You Sponsors!