iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

t a schmidt mill

Started by lou basle, March 05, 2018, 09:49:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lou basle

anybody out here still using a t a Schmidt mill?   I still am using mine but recently have problem with the wheel tires.  Replaced tires (b56 belts) and now the blade comes off the wheels.  Never had problem with goodyear belts.  Goodyear does not make belts anymore.  anyone have this problem?

PC-Urban-Sawyer

I hear that the belts from Wood Mizer are made to their specs and work better than general run of mill belts from auto or farm stores...

Herb

ladylake

Not likely the belts are causing the blade to come off, do the new belts stand above the rim on the wheel at least a little, if not get some that do.  Bad bearing in the idle or drive wheel will make the blade come off, check them for sure.

Steve 
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

paul case

Did you make sure the v was clean when you put the new belts on? A little wad of sawdust build up on there can cause new belts to flip your blade off.

PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!