iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Bringin' up da Wood

Started by Magicman, September 29, 2018, 01:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andries

Quote from: Magicman on October 09, 2019, 09:06:08 AM. . . .  That should be enough to last until January!  8) 
This is what I have for kindling to last 'til January . . 

You've spent a big part of your hot summer playing in the sandbox Lynn. 
Sure the heat hasn't clouded your judgement?  ;)  
Like Swampdonkey says, you need another 8.99 cords, my friend.
For @goose63 and I, that wouldn't last to the end of this month! 
You Southern guys pay for AC, us Northmen pay for heat.
. . . .  . either way, we pay for where we live our lives.  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Andries

Some of us look like this for a short six months of the year, y'know?
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

thecfarm

My wood pile is a growing too!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Lyn, what you have there is a little over a week's supply for us. I am between to warm weather folks and the heavy deep freeze folks, so 5 cords usually gets us through OK. Here is my stack right near the side door by the stove. It's not quite filled up in this photo, but it is full now.

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Magicman

Oh I have a bit more if needed.

Split stacked and ready.

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Al_Smith

It's way too early in the year to even think about a fire .Most likely mid November if it's cold enough .Of late it could be December .Not that I mind as I'm not a fan of cold weather .

Andries

Well now, you've been playing your cards close to the chest, Lynn.
A secret, hidden stash.
That stack and the one in the background will get you through any 'glacial period' that Mississippi might throw your way.
You're SET.   :D :D :D

Meanwhile, it's snowing here.
First time this fall, and it won't stay, as the ground warmth will melt it.
But its a wake up call.
. . . and eventually you'll wake up to the same thing.
Keep your wood dry, boys.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

GRANITEstateMP

Mr. Magicman,

Do you have your wood stacked up next to an A\C unit?  Is that one of dem oxy-mo-ron's? 
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

Old Greenhorn

I think this is Lyn's subtle way of of rubbing it in the nose of those in the great frozen north without saying it outright. But then again, he has sweated hi butt off for the past several months in a large sandbox, so I guess it is his turn.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Magicman

Surely no one thinks that I would do something sneaky??   smiley_curtain_peek
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

Sneaky? Certainly NOT. But sarcastic, humorous, fun poking, gentle humble bragging even maybe. Yeah ALL DAY LONG. :D :D ;D :D ;D 8)

Al_Smith

:D It's kind of fun to ring a few bells now and again .Mean while back on the ranch it's raining out,so much for that today .

Old Greenhorn

Indeed yes. A little fun helps break of the monotony of the chore, which in this case is one of the oldest known to humans and never ever ends. That of providing a a warm home and hearth.
 The sun came out yesterday for the first time all week and is fading away today again as a coastal storm passes to our south. The CT shore has a gale warning up.  We just have grey skies.
 My wood is done since late May, but I have plenty other stuff to do. More work with a pick ax tonight. Glad I am not in Mississippi with those temps down there. Mid 50's is just fine for me. :)

WDH

I don't care who you are, that pickled bologna was very sneaky. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

Quote from: Andries on October 10, 2019, 10:07:42 AMWell now, you've been playing your cards close to the chest, Lynn. A secret, hidden stash.
Actually there is also another hidden stash.

This whack of unsplit rounds and slabs still at the farm.  ;D

Andries

With that much firewood tucked away, well, . . . .  people might start calling you a 'Prepper'. 
If you're getting highly secret, long term winter forecasts for Mississippi, like . . glaciated forecasts, send me a PM, k?
@goose63 and I will FedEx you some snow pacs, lobster mitts, toque and a parka . . . whoa!
Sorry buddy, you may not even know what the heck those things are.
My mistake -  ;) 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

WDH

Never heard of any of those, except for the lobsters.  They are popular in Maine, right?  Boiled, broiled, but never fried :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: WDH on October 20, 2019, 07:05:02 AM
Never heard of any of those, except for the lobsters.  
Count your blessings. :D
 Yesterday I began wearing my lightly lined work pants. There is a little nip in the air.

Bruno of NH

I broke out the long John's two weeks ago for some days
I'm getting soft used to wear shorts right up till December to work.
On to many meds now.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

goose63

Just a light jacket for when it cools off

And some mittens for @WDH 
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Andries

Thanks Goose63.
Now that's good choices of clothing for putting up da wood!
👍
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

Quote from: Andries on October 20, 2019, 12:04:35 AMI will FedEx you some snow pacs, lobster mitts, toque and a parka

Togue?  Yuch, greasy paper bag wrapped thing. Might as well eat a Cusk. :D  Send him some smelt.  You have any Landlocks there?
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

nativewolf

Quote from: Andries on October 09, 2019, 10:05:51 PM

Some of us look like this for a short six months of the year, y'know?
Yeah but what do you look like in winter  :D :D :D :D :D
Liking Walnut

Andries

Toque.
Its like a 'watch cap'.
Woolen, stretchy, covers the forehead, ears and rest of the noggin.
Warm. Thats why we like'em.
"... Togue?  Yuch, greasy paper bag wrapped thing. Might as well eat a Cusk. ..."
Goose and I wouldn't ever eat our hats, unless we really needed had to.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Thank You Sponsors!