iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

air filter/ pre filter/upgrades

Started by davefrommd, February 04, 2005, 08:04:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davefrommd

I just bought a echo cs-670 and it has a round paper air filter. Can I get a foam pre filter or make one for it and are there any after market air filters that will fit. dave

jokers

Hi Dave,

You can probably get a K&N filter and wrap for it although the filter cover probably wouldn`t fit afterward. Maybe just the wrap and then cut it to fit if necessary?

What are you trying to accomplish, better filtration? Less air in means less horsepower out.

Russ

davefrommd

Hey Rus, I've seen the foam filters go over the main air filters like in lawn tractor motors and thought that would be a good thing for my chain saw. You're probably right on less air = less power. Maybe if it's not broken don't fix it..right. Thanks for your input.  dave

rahtreelimbs

Dave a spare air filter will cost you $23 for the Echo. Just keep it real claen and it should last a long time!!!
Nothing Like A  Modded Saw To Start Your Day!!![/SIZE]               Later, Rich.

twostroke_blood

Speaking of air filters....Im having a hard time finding air filters for my Alpina 120's. The material covering the mesh wire is dissapearing. Any suggestions?

Thank You Sponsors!