iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wide Mill Build

Started by charles mann, November 20, 2018, 07:53:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluidpowerpro

Quote from: Jediwood on November 12, 2022, 10:30:56 PM
Anyone out there mess around with remote control hydraulic valves? I want to get some valves ordered but been thinking about maybe trying out a remote over manual. Just for the head up down and travel.
Any solenoid operated valve is a candidate for use with a radio remote. You'll just want to make sure the receiver has output relays that are rated for enough current. Usually not an issue. In a past life I sold various brands of radio remotes to control hydraulic valves. You can get units on line really cheap but if reliability and safety are of concern, I would spend a little more for a name brand unit from a reputable company. Teleradio is a good unit at a reasonable cost.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Jediwood

Thanks fluid power. I've been looking, but I just don't know what's good and what's junk. We have a pretty good custom hydraulic shop in town so I wanted to stop and talk to them. I like finding local stuff so if I have a problem I have some help. I plan on the head and travel but thought it would be nice to put the toe board height on it also. 

Jediwood

Another question for you fluid power. What's your suggestion on sectional valves? I want to get some ordered, figured that would be a good way to go so if I wanted to add something later I could grab another valve and get a bolt kit and add on. Also I think I can just put on actuators to run a couple with a remote. I see your in Minnesota, you hunt last week? In Wisconsin it starts tomorrow morning. A week in the woods to do nothing but hunt, drink beer and look at trees, good times!! Then I'll see how many trees I have to get home and get sawing, can't wait

fluidpowerpro

Yes, if you want the ability to add more functions later, a sectional/stack valve is the way to go. If I were to need one I would buy it from Surplus Center. I can help you select one if you like. Just send me a pm. I don't deer hunt anymore. Kind of lost interest and no longer want to freeze my but off in a deer stand. Talking to my neighbors, they all say the deer hunting has been bad this year. The neighbor directly to my south hunts on his 110 acres. He said he had lots of nice deer on his game cams all summer then a week before season opened he started seeing wolves on the cams every night. No deer since then. The wolves must have made them move out.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Thank You Sponsors!