iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

Moose is right.  There was no water contamination.  I collected most of the fluid, that which did not leak out until I got a bucket under it,  and the fluid was good.  However, in my haste, the bucket was not clean so I did replace the fluid with new fluid, and Banjo is correct, Kubota is proud of their fluid. 

Note to self:  Listen to the little voice on the left and ignore the one on the right :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

firefighter ontheside

Shortly after I got my new to me Kubota, I bought a filter to change the fluid.  Then I found out how expensive the super udt was and decided I didn't need to change it yet.  I will soon though.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

farmfromkansas

Look at the specs on your oil container, and check to see if there is another fluid that meets the specs, and saves money.  I bought NAPA fluid this year. They have a sale in the spring on oil and filters.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

bwstout

I did the same thing on my 4701 except it broke the housing where the filter screwed on had to replace it along with fluid and filters. 
home built mill

WV Sawmiller

Well, its been 4 weeks and 4 hours since I stuck my paw in my table saw. Here is a before - actual scene at the ER my wife took and later sent me and not previously posted.

Below is an after/current view. There is still a little infection, apparently, in my middle finger, I lost about 1/3 of the nail on my index finger which is also still very stiff (Feels like a badly jammed finger from a baseball/softball incident). I am doing Physical Therapy 2-3 times a week and still do not have very much grip strength in my left hand and making and maintaining a fist is very difficult. It gets a little better every day but I have every expectation I will eventually make a complete recovery.

I will say it makes me very nervous now every time I use the table saw.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Walnut Beast

Glad your healing up. Be careful 👍

samandothers

I like the second picture better than the first!  
Glad you are getting better.  

Don P

Glad it is healing nicely. That very nervous feeling can be dangerous, subject to flinch or pull back when consistent feed and pressure are needed, just be aware. I do listen to it though, if something doesn't feel right stop and figure out a way to jig it so that you are out of harm's way. I've taken a whole day to make and set up wood or plastic pressure fingers and guides to run small stock through a machine, which is a small amount of time compared to getting chewed on.

My dumb move last week was getting home worn out and not unloading the back of the truck, which was pointed downhill and the drains were plugged. When I wandered by and looked in a couple of days later my straps, logrite, and chainsaw were completely under water. Pulled the plug and blew water out of the cylinder, brake cleaner as that was the best quick dry stuff I had on hand, stripped the cover and blew it all out good then a few days of drying out, seems to be ok but dumb!

richhiway

Looks good. Glad you have all your fingers. Have a good 4th. 
Rotating blades and machinery have no conscience. 
Woodmizer LT 40
New Holland 35 hp tractor
Stihl Chainsaws
Ford 340 Backhoe

SawyerTed

Glad your hand is improving!  I hope the progress continues!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Banjo picker

This don't even come close to what you guys have done recently.  But I'm right there with you ...its just in an older post.  Something like "Nearly went to the show room".  Or something similar.  But the other day my blackberrys had come in and I was out there eating my fill.....Have you ever put a nice juicy blackberry in your mouth that had a stink bug on it?  It didn't take long to spit it out.🤯
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

btulloh

That is an unfortunate situation Banjo. Glad you're OK.

I'm kinda curious though.  What do stink bugs taste like?  Never got around to tasting one myself.  :o
HM126

Banjo picker

I would definitely put that at the very bottom of my bucket list.  It didn't stay long, but taste about like they smell if you mash one.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

btulloh

It could be they have extraordinary medicinal benefit.  Perhaps stink bugs will provide the next breakthrough in drug development. Let us know if you start experiencing any super-powers.  :D

Seriously though, I'm sorry you had that happen. It just ain't right. 
HM126

sawguy21

Seems bugs like blackberries as much as we do.

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Banjo picker

Your right about that.  Since our main crop is done, you really have to be careful eating off the vine.  Deb made lots of jam and some jelly...she don't like the seeds.  Next will be the muscadines.  They are about the size of small marbles right now,.  I gave each vine some triple 13 a month ago and yesterday they got one and a half lbs of ammonia nitrate each.  Now if I can keep the opossums and raccoons out of them ,we will do good.  Banjo

Don P

I was feeling my way to the coffeepot a few weeks ago, still half asleep. Poured a cup and took the first sip, hmm something ain't quite right, so of course I took another, Bleeech, I'm wide awake now! The little custard done percolated hisself. I feel your pain Banjo  :D

doc henderson

@Banjo picker , i do not know what a muscadine is, but if you eat one off the vine, make sure there is not a opossum or a raccoon, or God forbid both on it! :D :D :D ;) :o :o :o 8) 8) 8)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

jeepcj779

My blackberries have come in also. Too bad I am still almost 5000 miles away from home. Good crop this year so far. I guess stink bugs are not out in force yet, or my Mom would have made it a point to let me know. She hates them almost as much as I do. The are a few stink-bug-hating threads floating around the forum, but I don't know if anyone else has conducted any taste tests.

WV Sawmiller

@doc henderson 

Vitis rotundafolia if I remember correctly. Cultivated they call them scuppernongs - can be black or bronze in color. A thick skinned grape and some can get nearly as big as a golf ball. You can't eat the skin when raw but squeeze out the insides, and cook them and separate the seeds, add to the empty hulls with appropriate amount of sugar and lemon or orange juice (for the acid) and cook till they start to jell and there is nothing better on a hot biscuit. digin_2

The last time I was in Florida was August time frame and they were getting ripe and on the way home I stopped by Poarch Ala across the line and got 35 lbs from a guy and made muscadine hull preserves and if I am not careful they may be a life time supply. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Nebraska

Sorry bout the stink bug thing, It was a sympathetic chuckle honestly  it was...

WV Sawmiller

In the immortal words of Ray Stevens (A great American) "Its me again, Margaret". No pictures yet, I'll take some tomorrow if I am able to walk, and another Honorable Mention for a Darwin award and another shamefaced post here.

I decided to spray a bunch of asters (We call them stickweeds here and there are several species) in my pasture so I loaded my 15 gallon sprayer in the front basket of my 650 Kawasaki Prairie, mixed and filled it with herbicide and went up to the top side of my pasture and started spraying. I'd run up the slope as far as I almost safely could, spray as far as I could then back down and move over 20-30 ft and repeat. I got all the upper slope above my bench (flat spot in the pasture) then started on the down slope. I sprayed on the down slope, spraying, easing down and repeating until I was about halfway down then went back to the top and moved over 40-50 feet and started down again on a steeper grade. I got hung on a stump at one point, got off and pushed the ATV off and got back on before it got away from me. I went downhill 10-12 feet, stopped, sprayed then started up and either dropped into an unseen hole or hit another stump. The grade was enough this caused the back of the ATV to come up and it flipped throwing me off in front then rolling over my chest then down the hill. It flipped another time or two then landed upright and rolled another 100 yards or so. I could hear it still running then it choked down. I got up and could not identify any critical body parts that were obviously broken. I followed the path of the crushed weeds picking up a pair of gloves and various plastic ATV body parts, mini-air compressor and seat and such. I got to the ATV and found both front tires were flat - maybe just knocked off the rims and a bent left handlebar. The sprayer was still in the basket secured by the winch cable. The wiring was ripped off of the sprayer and the wand looks like a boomerang. I tried the starter and the ATV fired back up. They are tough machines! I walked back up to the start looking for the sprayer cables but did not find them. I came in and got a shower and checked for more damage. I have a small scrape on my head, a scrape and shallow puncture on my left side, hard to lift my arms and an aching chest but way luckier than I should have been. I took an 800 mg ibupropen left over from my last incident and will see how stiff I am in the morning as to whether I want to take John up and get my ATV and take him to the 4 wheeler doc.
Howard Green

doc henderson

WOW.  glad you are ok.  this one could have been bad.  hope you can get out of bed in the am.  they are great machines, but are so capable that they can get you in trouble.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WDH

I can't believe that you rolled yourself down the mountain.  Not good.  There are easier ways to get down :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

firefighter ontheside

Sounds like you and the Kawasaki got a little banged up, but both functioning.  Seems like both need a little time to mend and then get back on it.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!