iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southside and 7 Guests are viewing this topic.

RetiredTech

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Besides if you do fix it it will just aggravate you more when it inevitably gets air in it again. Probably the best fix would be to remove the filter, paint it any color you like and reinstall it. That's the Old South fix. :usa:
Philippians 4:8

Branson 4520R, EA Wicked Root Grapple, Dirt Dog Pallet Forks
Echo cs-450 & cs-620p , Husqvarna 136, Poulan Pro, and Black Max Chainsaws
Partially built bandsaw mill

Nebraska

I put a boat squeeze bulb on mine, but it only has the diaphragm pump on the motor. It was mostly to speed things up when I run it out of fuel. 

Jeff

I'll be glad when we have an election, so I can tell male from female,again.  And I did such a nice job. It was all I had, it never occurred to me that it was not the correct end.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

doc henderson

yes, that one goes on the power/vehicle side, so the ground is all that is exposed.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy
 I am not laughing at you Jeff, it's only 4 wires. Practice makes perfect. :wink_2: You really want to be disappointed try doing that with a 24 pin military circular connector where you have the get all the wires the exact same length, strip and crimp individual pins on each wire, then make you you have the correct wire number in each hole, assemble shells getting all the tangs lined up and then go to test fit it and realize you have male to male. Then you turn around and look at the next 6 cables you already have prepped with male pins ready to assemble.. I have heard that can really take the wind out of a guys sails pretty quick.
 4 wires ain't bad at all. Many of us have been there a time or two, or more.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

I bet they make adapters for that.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Old Greenhorn

I looked but couldn't find one and really, that would just make his nice work look all messy.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

SawyerTed

I hate it when I figure out I've done a really good job doing the wrong thing... ffcheesy
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Resonator

Funny how when things go together really good, they are actually backwards - upside down - mismatched etc... ffcheesy
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Jeff

Old Greenhorn

Well then you would have a one truck, one trailer setup.
 I have ' a friend' who has swapped the 12V wire and the brake wire on all his trucks and trailers. This way, if somebody backs up to one of his trailers and hooks up, the brakes lock up as soon as they plug in. He leaves his trailers parked all over a 2 county area and never had a trailer stolen...yet. When I found that out, I decided not to ask to borrow a trailer. ffcheesy
 Hey, it's a thought.

doc henderson

thieves prob. do not think to plug in the lights!   :snowball: ffsmiley
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Nebraska

I have never done such a thing...  :wink_2:

Old Greenhorn

On a 10 ton trailer they should. No lights makes them a target for any cop or DOT guy (which we have a lot here) and no brakes ain't such a good thing either.

doc henderson

I am sure you agree, that is not a 10-ton trailer. ffsmiley

Old Greenhorn

Indeed no.
 But all of my friends trailers are that and more. 
 As unpleasant as it may be, the only way to deal with that is bite the bullet and do it over. All trailer lights and harnesses seem to come with some kind of bad mojo attached and gremlins comes out of anywhere at any time. At least it's only 4 wires.

Jeff

If I was,to rewire the truck, then that, would of been the new dumbest thing

doc henderson

I was thinking you could just pull the brake switch, but it would run the little battery down.  you could have it on a charger but burn out the solenoid.  or attach the wire cable from the brake switch to a stake or fixed object and it will try to stop the trailer.  there we go.  well, they will prob. just drag it along.

ladylake

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PMI made a cut and then went to raise the head so I could return it for the next cut.  Apparently I lowered the saw on accident instead of raised.  When I pulled the saw, the back of the blade hit the log and the blade came off the wheels.  At first I thought the blade broke, then I realized what had actually happened.  The blade appeared undamaged, but I was leery about putting it back on.  I figure at the least, some teeth got damaged.  Who's done this?

Who if anyone hasn't done it.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Old Greenhorn

I think I may have done that at nearly every step in the turn around. Blowing and going through a log and go out the far end hit the up lever and return at the same time, but the 'return' is faster than the 'up' and whacked the log. BAM!
 Cutting a 'limit to limit' log length and thinking I was just clear of the far end, hit the 'up' lever and BAM! (I was not clear, just to be clear.)
 There are all kinds of variations, have fun with it and come up with your own! ffcheesy ffwave

rusticretreater

Quote from: ladylake on May 15, 2024, 08:36:52 AM
Quote from: firefighter ontheside on February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PMI made a cut and then went to raise the head so I could return it for the next cut.  Apparently I lowered the saw on accident instead of raised.  When I pulled the saw, the back of the blade hit the log and the blade came off the wheels.  At first I thought the blade broke, then I realized what had actually happened.  The blade appeared undamaged, but I was leery about putting it back on.  I figure at the least, some teeth got damaged.  Who's done this?

Who if anyone hasn't done it.  Steve
Well, I haven't done that particular one YET.  Thanks for making it a near certainty now.  rayrock 
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

firefighter ontheside

I made that original post over 5 years ago.  I can't believe its been that long.  

Jeff, I don't think they make an adapter, but you could make one.  Then you wouldn't have to undo all that hard work.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Old Greenhorn

We've had no shortage of dumbs things we have all come up with. We truly are a resourceful group!

firefighter ontheside

I've been missing my shop hammer for months.  Yesterday I was walking up to my porch and decided to look under the new steps.   For some reason turtles like to hang out under there.  No turtles under there, but guess what was under there.  It's a little rusty, but will clean up just fine.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Nebraska

That was just your Easter basket.  ffsmiley
The turtles told the bunny so. 

Thank You Sponsors!