iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Did something dumb today.

Started by firefighter ontheside, February 26, 2019, 10:48:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Took a link out of a chain for the chainsaw.
Got it back together and realized there was a twist in it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

K-Guy

My turn this weekend, for mothers day my wife decided she wanted lobster alfredo. Okay I'll drive to town and get some groceries at the same time. So I drive 25 miles to town and start making my stops and everything is fine. Then my son calls as I'm headed for the seafood store and I have to stop at the grocery store again. Have I mentioned that my short term memory isn't very good. That's right afterwards I drove home. I got everything put away and was going to take a break when the memory kicked back into gear, so back to town. Duh!! ffcheesy
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

WV Sawmiller

Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Old Greenhorn

Say it isn't so Howard! How could you? ffcheesy
 Apparently K-guy is not the only one with short term memory issues here. In fact I have been accused of that myself (sometimes daily) and have taken to making lists, especially when I go to town to run errands at several places. In fact I was writing just such a list when this post first came up.  I got to town a little while later, made the first stop, then wanted to check the list and plan my route aroud town. But...... I left it on my desk at home.
 Fortunately, I did get everything on the list, but that was just lucky.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

Tom,

Since I proposed to my wife on Mother's Day you know I would never do that. You'd have been reading my obituary for sure if I had. ffcheesy
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

RetiredTech

My family is always accusing me of being forgetful, but like I tell them, I don't remember ever forgetting anything. :sunny: 
Philippians 4:8

Branson 4520R, EA Wicked Root Grapple, Dirt Dog Pallet Forks
Echo cs-450 & cs-620p , Husqvarna 136, Poulan Pro, and Black Max Chainsaws
Partially built bandsaw mill

SawyerTed

Ted, "Hey Honey.  Will you do something for me?"

Dr Emily, " Sure. What do you need?"

Ted, "You know that list of stuff I made at the kitchen table before I left?   Would you take a photo of the list and text it to me?" ffcheesy

The reverse happens with the grocery list occasionally. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

thecfarm

Do what I do.
Make a list.
Leave it at home.
Go shopping.
Come home.
Look at list.
See what I remembered to get.  :wacky:
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Resonator

At my grocery store the computer reads my receipt, and then sends coupons for stuff I frequently buy. I get the coupons for free coffee usually the day after I buy coffee. Or I loose track of the coupons until I find them a couple days after they expire. ffcheesy
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Nebraska

Heading to the cabin this weekend ,  I remembered to grab the Labrador's meds of the counter before I left. Got 14 miles down the road before the dog owner remembered his..... ffcool

SawyerTed

I had to start going to a new doctor recently.  Typically, I had to fill out several pages of medical history.  The office sent it several weeks before my appointment.  I spent around an hour filling out all that stuff.  

It wasn't until I was at the check in window for my first appointment that I recalled where the paperwork was, on my desk.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

firefighter ontheside

Oh man.  I can't believe you all forget stuff like that.  I never forget anything.  My mind is like a steel trap.  A rusty steel trap that is beyond repair.

This morning I was just planing a few cypress boards to use for the bowling lane benches I'm making.  I set them down in my shop standing up on their edges.  I watched for a second to make sure they were balanced and didn't fall over.  I should have watched for 2 seconds, because the moment I took my eyes off of them they fell over onto my leg and skinned the front of leg for 6".  That hurt.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

hilltopper46

My neighbor is becoming increasingly disabled over the past year or so. My wife and I were over to their place about Easter and he pointed to a tree which had broken over near the edge of his lawn and I volunteered to cut it up for him. He said I could have the wood. He thinks everything is "oak" and he has suckered me into cutting and taking boxelder twice now by calling it oak. But I digress. I got into the woods and found out that the part of the tree that was broken over was the small part of the tree. Like many boxelder, it actually had multiple trunks and the one that could be see from their home was the small one and it was about 12 inches diameter. Both trunks were leaners.

To get to the edge of their yard, next to where the tree is in the adjunct timber, is about a 10 minute ATV trip pulling a yard cart. I cut the first trunk up and started on the second (larger) one and immediately got my saw pinched. So I took the ATV back to get my other saw, which I thought would be prudent to put a freshly sharpened chain on before I started back on the project. I got the chain on, and back to the neighbors, and started to cut only it wouldn't. Close examination showed that I had PUT THE CHAIN ON BACKWARD. I had left the scrench for the saw back in the shop - so there was another ATV trip back to get the scrench and then back to the job site.

I did manage to get the chain turned around (on the first try) without losing any bar nuts or other essentials, and get the first saw loosened up. And two hours later I got about half done with a project that I thought would be simple and quick.
Southeast Wisconsin
Stihl MS290
Husqvarna 576XP
Skil 1642

EZ Boardwalk Jr

Farmall 60A with Loader, Grapple and Forks

Magicman

Yesterday my Daughter called.  The latch on her dog pen gate had broken and of course she needed it fixed immediately.  So of course I immediately drove out, removed the broken latch, and headed back home to weld it.

I clamped the broken latch in the vice and rolled the welder out.  Did I mention that I had shorts and worn out socks on and forgot to stand straddle legged enough.  Yup, a red hot ball of welding spatter entered the top of my sock and did not stop until it reached my heel.  :shocked2:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Forget all those minor insignificant things and get to the point - did you get your daughter's dog yard fixed? Trips to the burn doctor and such can wait. ffcheesy
Howard Green

Magicman

Yup, all is well that ends well and the heel will eventually also get well.  :wacky:
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

Lynn, thanks for omitting the photos. Few of us have any trouble envisioning your feet anymore. ffcheesy We all know you well enough to trust you on this one. :wink_2:

Funny, my kids know me and the first thing I would have said, getting that phone call was "do you have a piece of rope?" Then I would get in the truck and drive over.

Hilltopper, some days are like that. I got caught short two weeks ago with a rare chain throw and no scrench in my pocket so I had to climb up the bank and walk 200' to the truck and fetch one, fix the chain, and return to work. 10 minutes later, dropping another tree and I had no whacker to drive the wedge in. The limbs I cut kept breaking and I was a wedge short. So another walk up the bank and beck to the truck. Some days are like that. I try to collect scrunches, ear muffs, safety glasses, wedges, and other stuff like that and scatter them everywhere so I always have one handy, BUT apparently you have to REMEMBER to put them in your pockets when you set out, and that is my downfall. ffcheesy
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Jeff

I was looking forward to the pics you light weights!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Jeff, I am certain that if you asked nice, MM would be happy to PM or text you some photos. Assuming he hasn't already. ffcheesy

thecfarm

WV Sawmiller will do a drawing for ya!!!!!  ffcheesy

GAB

Quote from: thecfarm on May 28, 2024, 06:57:37 PMWV Sawmiller will do a drawing for ya!!!!!  ffcheesy
Ray:
I do not think we need any more refridgerator ART.
But that is my opinion.
GAB
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

SawyerTed

Why has this gotten weird?

Jeff

When was it ever not? Feet! Feet! 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Nebraska

Glad I read this after supper. 

Magicman

I did take a picture !!  :wacky: 

Maybe I should take bids on my options.   ffcheesy

Thank You Sponsors!