iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Old Greenhouse, my mess is coming in on Sunday. I would say a normal spring snow storm,but seem like all winter most snow storms have turned to rain.About an hour South of me that is no big deal. But I have not seen it happen here too often. But this year almost every storm it did that,warm up and rain.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

Just sitting here watching it snow up to a foot today and more next Tue Wen and thr.

Wateing for Jed to send me a picture of that stuck train he had to dig out
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Andries

Goose - you couldn't have picked a better winter to buy that new tractor and front end loader.
Good move! 
 Our forecasters were calling for that Colorado Low to come this far North, but it seems to be passing just to the South.
We're now hearing about flood forecasts for this Spring, when all that white stuff finally melts off.
:(
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

lxskllr

45° and cloudy. It was supposed to get sunny, and I hung my laundry out, but it's looking like the sun's taking the day off. Got some brush cleaned up, and my oak partially marked. I really like that 2511t, but I have to remember to hit the wood full throttle, or the chain grabs and stalls. I suppose I should be doing that with all my saws, but I usually start half throttle so I have one last sanity check before throwing chips. The big saws have enough extra oomph to handle it.

goose63

Andries  I did get it at the right time and I like the heater in it but I now have 66 houres on it blowing snow might have it wore out by spring  ::) ::) :D

goose

chevytaHOE5674

Finially 2 nice days in a row where a guy could be outside all day without losing a finger to frostbite. Now tonight and tomorrow a foot of heavy wet snow and then rain or wet snow again later in the week. Flooding will be a major concern here as it warms up and all this snow needs to go someplace.

Goose I've put more hours on my tractor moving snow than any winter I can remember. I do all my plowing with the pickup then usually once a winter push the snowbanks back and up to give more room. This winter I've pushed the snowbanks back 4 times and had to use the tractor to keep the drive and road dug out a few times. Crazy crazy.

thecfarm

A melting day. Some towns have the roads posted.Was in the high 30's,lots of sun.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

Well we had one really nice day in a row today.  ;D I got down into the woods and cut all day, it was GREAT! (Now I am a tad hurtin', but it was GREAT, did I mentions that?). Worked in a wool shirt most of the day, it was great! Expecting another 3 inches of snow overnight changing to rain around dawn, and raining through. the morning. I left the plow on the Mule We will see what tomorrow brings. For now I am happy and sore, I finally got a nice working day in the woods. (It was GREAT!)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

I see the weather posts are thinning down, probably because the weather in the Northern hemisphere is improving, or not as bad as it was? Yesterday it almost hit 40 gain, but after the rain stopped we pretty much had a mist all day long and it was heavy overcast. Not very pleasant, but it was woram. Looks to stay warm all week now and I am once again hoping I get to see dirt at some point on the skid hill. I am hoping that at least Saturday will be nice again and I can keep moving forward. I should be able to lift my arms again by then. I overdid it Saturday. ;D ;D
 Tomorrow I am on a split shift to cover for a supervisor, so I get to play in the woods in the morning and go into work at noon. Should be a nice day. It's still winter, but things are looking up.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

wisconsitom

Still 30 inches of snow on the Wisconsin ground....we won't be viewing dirt for some time to come.  But yeah, warmer air filtering in....finally.  We'll take it!

tom
Ask me about hybrid larch!

chevytaHOE5674

About 10" of heavy wet snow yesterday with significant blowing and drifting over night as it cooled off to the low teens. Spent the morning in the tractor clearing a path down the county road so the neighbors could get out.

Sunny and 20° today, tonight down around zero. 40s and rain for the middle of the week before cooling back to the low 30s by the end of the week.

Still 5-6+ feet of snow on the ground so dirt is probably 6 weeks away or so. Lol

lxskllr

Sunny and 55°. Hot! I split a bit of wood, and I was getting angry. I didn't select good rounds, and they were all twisted up, and didn't want to come apart. Got me sweating, and I don't like sweating. The bad days are coming...

thecfarm

Got about 4 inches of snow with a good amount of rain on top. Was in the 30's but really no sun. :(

Old Greenhorn

I don't have to go to work until noon tomorrow, so I am up late reading the board here. Got my first sign that better conditions are coming, I wnet out a few minutes ago to fill up the wood cart for the day and saw that it was 35 out. That tem at this time of night has not been seen in quite a while, I heard to roof still dripping! It's down to 33 now, but still.... I am encouraged. We are entering that time period where the stove keeps the house too warm with little effort and I love that time. I'll be out in the woods piddling around until I have to go to work, might even bring my coffee down there and sit on a bench to watch the sun come up. It's still winter, but the end is nearing. Sorry for the guys further north, I know you have a few weeks to go, but it IS coming, I am pretty sure of it! (Oh, and you folks out in MI and WI, I have no idea when you will see the end of it, you got clobbered this year and I think it has something to do with who you elected or something like that. Sorry dudes, nobody deserves that.)

chevytaHOE5674

7° this morning but headed up to 40 today, rain/snow on the way for tomorrow. With all the snow and frozen ground we don't need any rain...

wisconsitom

..........I'm gonna have to shovel some snow off my roof.

tom
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Old Greenhorn

Sorry you guys in the Midwest are still getting it. Nice morning here, mostly overcast, but the sun did come out for a bit, now cloudy again. Temp is 35, 5mph wind out of the northwest. Gt some more logs bucked and a bunch stacked are cleared out of the way as I work the mule further in to pull more. Now I am down to the stuff frozen and buried in the snow and ice. If I keep pounding on it and driving/dragging over it, it is bound to give up eventually. Will have to wait for some more warming, but I have to get changed and off to work.
 Hey, Doc, did you ever get your skidder freed from the frozen mud? Or are you waiting until April?

doc henderson

og, I have been working a stent, meetings since 7 this am,warm but rainy here, I will go start her up and see if she is ready to go, but too muddy to actually do anything without creating a mess.  Thanks!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: doc henderson on March 12, 2019, 12:53:11 PMog, I have been working a stent, meetings since 7 this am,
I thought you were in the E/D? Now you are in cardiology? ;D
 Well, if it moves, maybe you can sneak it up on higher/dryer ground. Good luck!

goose63

Got the last mess cleaned up Sun 39 today blizzzard warning starting tomorrow untill Thu night  >:(
goose

Andries

Goose - you keep asking me to close the gate on that Manitoba Polar cold.
Well, now I've gone and done just that.
So, in return, I'm gonna ask you to keep that snow when you're finished melting it.
We.ve got flood forecasters jumping up and down up here - saying that the Dakotas are send a bunch of water our way in Winnipeg.
Anything you can do to help would be appreciated buddy!
;) 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Andries on March 12, 2019, 05:04:48 PMAnything you can do to help would be appreciated buddy!
;)
I just love the way folks here on the FF cooperate to help each other. It's happened to me a few times already, but this is beyond what I thought possible.

doc henderson

raining with flood watches here, thunder so loud it makes the dogs jump.  starting to sound a lot like spring
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

goose63

Andries all we have down here is a fence or 2 and I'm sorry that ain't gonna stop no water :D ;D
goose

Old Greenhorn

Well it was a pretty day, even if it is still winter....

Thank You Sponsors!