iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sawguy21

We had lows well into the minus double digits last week but it has finally broke, seasonal highs around 6C which have started the melt. Supposed to be 12C by Monday, time to break out the shorts and sunscreen. ;D The haul roads and log landings will be a sea of mud.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

thecfarm

Nice picture Old Greenhorn.
Well with the slow melting going on here there won't be no flooding here. But I suspect that will change. Just hope the warm temps and rain at the same time can hold off. Was in the high 30's but the wind for the last 2 days make it cold out there.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

lxskllr

Warm, and sunny, though it's clouded up now. Been making good progress bringing wood from work. I have the better part of a cord of wood on the front porch, ready for next season. Not sure when I'll stop collecting. I have a bit more room on the porch, but then?? I don't need the wood, but don't want to see good cherry go to waste.

thecfarm

Well there!! A day with no wind!!! It felt like the low 40's. Sun for most of the day.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

doc henderson

We were warmer, but the wind blew with gusts up to 40, helping to dry the 1.5 inches of rain we got last night.  My skid steer is back to her usual self and is no longer limping on the right side.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

snowstorm

so far we have had 37 snow or ice storms that i had to plow or sand

thecfarm

Start out this morning at 30°. Better than yesterday at 20. No sun so far today.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: snowstorm on March 14, 2019, 07:12:27 AM
so far we have had 37 snow or ice storms that i had to plow or sand
That's a cheerful thought. Not to worry, poor sledding season will arrive shortly. ;D
I have managed to get through the winter without getting the flu or a cold, until now. Home with a clogged head and slight cold now. Hoping some fresh air will help, but no sun here either. Maybe later. The temp stayed above freezing all night, hoping to see dirt on the skid hill soon.
 35°F here now, no wind, pressure is rising, overcast. I'll take it.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Woodpecker52

Temps in 70's, windy, partly cloudy buckeye and plum, cherry starting to leaf out. Expect sawdust to fly today.
Woodmizer LT-15, Ross Pony #1 planner, Ford 2600 tractor, Stihl chainsaws, Kubota rtv900 Kubota L3830F tractor

chevytaHOE5674

Warm yesterday with rain overnight, warm again today then back to snow by Friday. The 5' of snow on the ground is now 3' with the consistancy of wet cement.

Was talking to the road commissioner and they plowed 26 out of 31 days in January, every single day in February, and 6 of 14 days so far in March. He said they racked up more miles on trucks this winter than the previous 2 combined. 

thecfarm

chevy,we count storms,you count days!!! Sun is out now. We had about an inch of snow in the night. I cut down 2 trees,felt like I was in a snow storm. Than it started to warm up and I thought it was raining.

goose63

@Andres I gave the gate my best shot 30 feet of log chain big pile of logs got the welder out and that storm went west of me may have to go over there and have a few words with those farmers  :o
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Chuck White

Right now we have 62°.

Sap is finally running, we'll gather it around 5:00 PM!  8)

In the morning we'll gather again!  8)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Old Greenhorn

I was home sick today, no really. Got a bad cold, head all clogged, sore throat, lousy and miserable. Usually I get 'sick' to take care of something or get some space and mental health time. Not this time. But it was a lovely day and I thought some fresh air would help so I went in the woods and tried to get something done. Put in an hour or two winching some of the dead and rotten stuff I cut up last Saturday. Got a pile or two of logs, piled some slash, but had no energy. Really happy to see the snow levels dropping. It hit 57 today and we have rain coming overnight and for tomorrow.
 AT 7:30 pm it's 47 degrees, the wind is calm, and the pressure is dropping since 11am. I think it unlikely that we will be seeing another storm for a while. I think I am done plowing. AT least, I hope so. Lots of work to do.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

trapper

59 and rain today Fond du lac Wi is flooded due to melting snow and ice jams against bridges
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

thecfarm

The temp stayed above freezing all night,36° now. High in the 40's,but I don't think we will see the sun much.
Temps above freezing all next week and some temps below freezing at night. Maybe the sap will be running.

chevytaHOE5674

Warm and rain all yesterday afternoon now its below freezing with a winter storm warning for up to 5" of snow with some blowing and drifting. Winter wont give up quite yet.

lxskllr

Hot! 74° when the sun was out. I feel physically ill, and have no energy. Takes me awhile to get used to this. Supposed to cool down this weekend. I need to get the wood cleaned up in my yard before hot weather's here to stay,

curdog

After a little warm weather, the critters are starting to move around a little. Should cool off some in the next day or two, but had honeybees buzzing around and saw this guy at my dog pens yesterday afternoon... 65 and rainy today...

GRANITEstateMP

I went out to lunch today on the NH Seacoast, it was 57 degrees!  8) I had all the windows in the car down!  Had a real hard time going back inside to work afterwards!
Hakki Pilke 1x37
Kubota M6040
Load Trail 12ft Dump Trailer
2015 GMC 3500HD SRW
2016 Polaris 450HO
2016 Polaris 570
SureTrac 12ft Dump Trailer

thecfarm

Warm here today,but no sun until about 3. Was a foggy,gloomy day. The snow bankens are looking dirty. If we get a couple days of rain,not good.

lxskllr

Quote from: curdog on March 15, 2019, 02:13:58 PM

After a little warm weather, the critters are starting to move around a little. Should cool off some in the next day or two, but had honeybees buzzing around and saw this guy at my dog pens yesterday afternoon... 65 and rainy today...
Debated clicking the [Like] button. I can't like hot weather, but I like your little lizard  :^D

curdog

Quote from: lxskllr on March 15, 2019, 07:44:45 PM
Quote from: curdog on March 15, 2019, 02:13:58 PM

Debated clicking the [Like] button. I can't like hot weather, but I like your little lizard  :^D
I agree,  I start dreading the summer around November. ..

Old Greenhorn

Dang, this was THE weather I was waiting for. I have been home sick with a miserable cold that has been keeping me up all night. No energy, just sitting around all day, but I finally got out in the woods to do SOMETHING. It got up in the 60's today. I can tell the worst is behind us because I am not checking the thermometer twice an hour. Oh I just wish I felt a bit better so I can take advantage of this weather. We are a couple of weeks behind in the warm up this year. I have yet to set up for firewood. Just working on cleaning up more of the dead fall and rotten stuff that seems to be everywhere. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, but the temp should only hit 40 or so. The snow is finally clearing of the skid hill and I could drive down it today for the first time in 2 months.I can't drive up to the mill, still too deep down in the hollow, but we are making progress.
 This photot may not look like much, but I have been waiting for this for weeks.

thecfarm

What's that dark brown stuff? :D  That looks just about like my driveway. And that is no joke.

Thank You Sponsors!