iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

We got about an inch of snow starting yesterday PM, and through the night!

It won't be here very long!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

goose63

up to12 to 24 inch of snow for us old man winter look out  fudd-smiley fudd-smileyI;m comeing after you
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

chevytaHOE5674

Was 6 hours south in Wisconsin yesterday and they were doing field work and even doing some planting, temp was 66°. Back here at home it snowed most of the day and was 28°. Winter storm tomorrow calling for over a foot of white stuff. Can quit that anytime.

curdog

81 right now with pollen falling at a few inches per hour... or so it seems.  Luckily I don't really have allergies,  but everything is yellow.  I rinsed my truck off right before lunch and by 2 I couldn't tell..

Resonator

Put the Boss V blade back on my truck, will see what sloppy mess we get, and decide how to handle it. My driveway is already muddy, hope it all melts before I have too plow it.  :D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

lxskllr

Pretty day. 65°, breezy, and big puffy clouds  :^)

SwampDonkey

It's never been to 50F here since last early October. Snow don't melt too fast at 35 degrees, except on roofs and cars. :D

Calling for a cold rain tomorrow and more snow Monday. :D

I know someone in NW WI and she said it has been blizzard weather out there. Been two 12" storms in a week. :D

Too cold here last 2 springs to plant grain in April. The old hermit in ND said he wanted taters in by Good Friday and he still had snow in the woods and a bare garden. His soil is a sandy loam, drains fast. I been around the tater racket long enough to know that potato seed can take cool weather, but not in the ground the day after the snow melted. Besides, I bet he got that same snow that Goose is getting. Goose you planting taters already up there? :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

goose63

No SwampDonkey taters gonna have to wate I will be blowing snow when this storn is over by Friday after noon
goose

SwampDonkey

Quote from: goose63 on April 11, 2019, 07:21:04 AM
No SwampDonkey taters gonna have to wate I will be blowing snow when this storn is over by Friday after noon
Check. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

goose63

I 29 closed from N.D. S.D. satateline to Sioux Falls its not good up here but oh the joy of liveing here in this frozzzen tundra a flood and a snow storm at the same time  :D :D 8)
goose

wisconsitom

Thundersnow here this morning.  Welcome to spring!

tom
Ask me about hybrid larch!

randy d

Well we have white out here not a lot on the ground but the weather man is saying this will be around till Saturday the ground is to muddy to plow so I guess we will let it lay there till it melts. I can't get close to my log pile . Randy

Bricklayer51

the county truck just went by scraping the snow and slush off the road.

Resonator

A good 5 or 6" of snow (no slush) has come down since last night, plowed out the paved lot I do, still coming down with sleet and white out conditions. I don't want to touch any gravel driveways. If anyone calls me too plow, I'll tell them to wait till Monday (when it's 50° and sunny).  :D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

doc henderson

It was 80 yesterday, now windy and 39.  mowed the back yard. hands are cold so started a fire in the shop wood stove.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Sunny and 52 here this afternoon, that new snow is slowly melting off. It won't all be gone today. But Saturday is looking like 60F with sunshine and Sunday sunny to. :)  60F will be hot, even hotter if cutting firewood manually. :D

chevytaHOE5674

Snow started late afternoon and is adding UP quick, supposed to keep going until morning. Then more snow on the way into next week. Had a couple days in the 50s so far and about half an hour of 60 this "spring" hopefully that'll change soon.

thecfarm

The snow is a sad thing to hear. Lucky here,so far. Yes we had about 6 inches in 2 days,but well on it's way of melting out in the open. Almost 50 today. Looks like no freezing temps for a week. No 60's either. ;D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

chevytaHOE5674

Last summer we made the decision to start calving a little earlier in the spring in an effort to have calves ready to wean and sell earlier in the fall than in years past. So it's only fair that we started having calves drop the last week of March onto 4' of snow, then cold rain, and now more snow. Luckily everybody has been good and healthy so far. 

SwampDonkey

I think the old hermit in ND had a game changer. I don't think he'll be planting taters on Good Friday. :D :D :D :D 

Last gasp of winter - YouTube

My motto is, never rush mother nature. ;)

SwampDonkey

Starting here nice and sunny, but rain coming. And now instead of snow on Monday it is now 2" of rain. That'll be an ice mover. :D But no day all next week is it going to get to 50F. Saturday is the warm day for the month. Remains to be seen if it gets to 60F though, still have my doubts. They usually are off by about 10 degrees.  :D

goose63

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 12, 2019, 06:21:25 AM
I think the old hermit in ND had a game changer. I don't think he'll be planting taters on Good Friday. :D :D :D :D  

Last gasp of winter - YouTube

My motto is, never rush mother nature. ;)
SwanpDonkey did that old smoke Swissersweet cigars? old Sam lived a mile west of me and he had 2 of then army trucks but he died last year gonna miss that old goat 
Still snowing here we have a good 16 inch now 
goose

SwampDonkey

No, not the same guy. He don't smoke that I've ever seen.

SwampDonkey

Well it hit 60F here today, a lot warmer than predicted before the coming rain. Warm enough to unfold the porch cot and bring out the mattress. :)

chevytaHOE5674

Ended up with about 10" of heavy wet slush. Was a few without power last night and into this afternoon but all in this area have been restored. It's an ugly slushy sloppy mess outside.

Thank You Sponsors!