iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goose63

SwampDonkey  no tatters for a few days in the 50s next week this stuff wont last long

it was knee deep by the tracter

goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

lxskllr

It was about 75° when the sun was shining. Luckily, that didn't last long. Rain and drizzle now.

SwampDonkey

Do any of you guys have generator hook ups? I bet I asked before, so forgive by forgetfulness. ;)  I had them put one in here when building last summer. I've used it 4 times so far. :D And one of them was planned and another planned for Sunday. The one coming up is for 4 hours. That is not a big deal, but sure nice to have the water and internet to check FF and my big hobby groups. The big floor loom only uses foot and arm power. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Goose, we had ours last week spread over 5 days. :D

Mid May for me here, no matter what the weather. My Goldrush taters mature in 60 days. I just grow enough for summer and into Christmas. I don't grow a lot because I pick the bugs and don't spray. You actually accomplish more that way so they don't over winter in the ground and you have less next year. A couple years I never had a bug, new garden here next to 100 acre tater field. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

chevytaHOE5674

I have a generator hookup at the house and have a portable gas generator that can power the essentials, also have a tractor PTO generator that can power everything I own and then some if need be.

Surprisingly not many people around here have them. 

As I type this it has started snowing again.

goose63

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 12, 2019, 05:49:40 PM
Do any of you guys have generator hook ups? I bet I asked before, so forgive by forgetfulness. ;)  I had them put one in here when building last summer. I've used it 4 times so far. :D And one of them was planned and another planned for Sunday. The one coming up is for 4 hours. That is not a big deal, but sure nice to have the water and internet to check FF and my big hobby groups. The big floor loom only uses foot and arm power. :D
I do its setting next to the power pole it can be hooked up to the PTO the last time I lost power was for 7 days sure wish I had that set up then was in December
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

Yes, nice to have for sure. :)

Chuck White

We still had 60° here last night!

I even saw an Eastern Bluebird in the yard yesterday!

So...... I guess Spring is here!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

I'm still waiting on the bluebirds here, but it is nearly time for us to. They was here in April last spring. :) 40F here this morning, suppose to be in the 60's here sometime today.

chevytaHOE5674

On and off snow today so far and 32° with the overcast skies and wind off the lake I doubt it's going to warm any. 

Resonator

Had about 6 or 7" snow/sleet/drizzle, was like pushing fast set concrete. Cleaned out my driveway with the Kubota bucket. Had tried the truck v plow but just kept slamming the blade over on trip springs, and spinning in 4wd. Also ended up being a gravel scraper and lawn sod cutter. :D
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

curdog

73 and thunderstorms are rolling through ... just rain now,   but may get some hail and gusty winds in a little bit... at least it's washing away some pollen. 

SwampDonkey

65F here this afternoon. Warm sun and nice sleep on the porch cot. :)

SwampDonkey

Pulled a bunch of fresh parsnip from the garden tonight. They taste the best in the spring. No frost where I dug and I was 12" into the ground with the fork. 8)

Old Greenhorn

Started off cloudy and damp today, but I hit it hard and it turned into a 70+ degree day and the sun, at a few points, was pretty hot and I felt like i might be getting some sunburn. Hard to tell with all the skin scratches and abrasions. No complaints, I am pooped and the back is sore. Beautiful day, if hot. Tomorrow we have rain coming in as the day wears on, but I will get done as much as I can until it gets steady.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

chevytaHOE5674

It was 70° here today....... in the house. Clouds cleared off just as the sun was setting tonight. Never got above freezing and now supposed to be in the teens tonight. Warm up to the mid 40s is on the way by mid week.

thecfarm

Did someone mention bluebirds? Brenda saw one today.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I had the bedroom windows up until after midnight and it was still 78F in here, no fire. That big window is like a furnace during the day. The curtain people should be here soon to remedy that. I see I'm gonna need an AC unit this summer. Lordy!! :D

thecfarm

I had that problem with my other house,the sun. Great is the winter,terrible in the summer. This house is turned for the view. No sun in the winter,none in the summer. Some years I don't even put the AC in. The back of the house,woods side,stays much cooler than the front. Turn on the ceiling fans and I can move that cool air.
Bright sun now. Rain moving in late afternoon.That will take some snow away.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

dgdrls

Central NY has been fortunate to avoid much, if not all the recent weather events.
I hope all are safe and doing well.

D

SwampDonkey

Handful of parsnip dug yesterday. :)

thecfarm

My Father loved them things. I've dug many of them.

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Scott

Snowing heavy here! 3-6 " predicted.
~Ron

SwampDonkey

We are in for some heavy rain here tomorrow. 2" predicted.

Thank You Sponsors!