iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Rain held off here at the house but began raining down river as soon as I was done a thinning block with the GPS. Good timing.

Tomorrow the garage trusses will be delivered and the first of next week the building materials will arrive (Tuesday). Monday is one of them holidays around here, some old Queen that died 119 years ago. :D Oh well going to be a cold rain (hand numbing cold) I suspect anyway. Won't get much else done.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

lxskllr

Mixed sun and clouds, with a sprinkle of rain; 52°. Pretty good day. Took down a couple trees, and did a terrible job. Everything always goes where I want it to go, but it gets there in the stupidest way possible. I'd love to go through a stand of trees where I can do the same thing again and again til I get it right.  :^/

SwampDonkey

30F here this morning. I don't see any white on the ground, but if anything falls from the sky it will be sleet or snow I suspect. :D Yep, it's that time of year you can see at 5:00 am in the morning and 10:00 pm at night. :D

Waiting for those trusses, then I'll probably cut a load of firewood afterword to fill the day. Too late by mid morning to go GPS, 1-1/2 hr drive.

correction, there is now snow mixed in the rain. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Rained enough yesterday to keep things wet.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

A couple days ago a ground hog thought it would be nice the lay around on the car tires. I was waiting for him to hop up on the hood for a good sunning. :D But, when approached he climbed up into the car. Horn wouldn't scare him. Started the car and backed up some and out popped the hog, who then scampered off as fast as them short legs could move him. :D

Old Greenhorn

Yesterday than rain started about an hour before I left work. AT this point, it is hard to care. I just changed clothes and went down to get the rest of my lagging done on the mill. I raked some of the wet muck and sawdust out of the way so that tonight I can maybe get under and keep working on the leveling up. WHo knows, maybe even finish it off, it's close.
 It's a beautiful day this morning and no rain in sight until tonight. This would be a good day to be 'sick' but I have to go in to take my ash whipping from the auditors I dealt with yesterday. Today they release their 'findings' for my piece of the puzzle. Tomorrow looks good too, but I teach in the afternoon, so no cheating there either. Friday has 50% chance of rain, but who knows, I might come down with something. ;D
 This day should be nice, temp is 34 right now, headed to 60, no rain, clear skies, 2 mph wind out of the ENE and the pressure continues to climb at 29.44 now. Oh I wish I was in the woods today.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

Well yesterday was clear and cool and almost hit 60. We had a shower just before I arrived home just in case some of the mud might generate dust. I got a good hour and a half of work in before dinner. Nice evening to work. I did get my butt kicked at the audit report and was in a foul mood muttering to myself about auditors looking to appear smart at the expense of folks who actually work for a living and have to do all this compliance nonsense in addition to their real jobs. No matter, once I was on my hands and knees working I forgot about the suits.
 Today is another fine day with about 10 degrees warmer than it was yesterday at this time. 43°F right now with a calm to 4 MPH wind out of the SSW, pressure at 29.41 and on the rise, and no rain in sight. I put in to take a vacation day tomorrow enjoy my birthday alone in the woods and forget about pencil necked auditors. Make a pot of coffee in the morning and have a beer in the afternoon while I get my work area set up. Of course we have a 60% chance of rain in the midday hours tomorrow, but I no longer care. Time to make some lumber, or at least cants.
 Looking forward to the mid 60's today and getting through my class tonight (just one more to go and we are done next week). Everybody have a good day. 
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

doc henderson

Happy birthday and enjoy your 3 day weekend.  sounds like you deserve it, and may even appreciate it more, given the week you have had.  Remember thorns and roses from Philmont!!!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old Greenhorn

Thanks Doc, I don't know if I deserve it, and I never make a big deal out of my birthdays, its just another day, but I do feel like I need a day for myself just to drop the tension level and make those around me a little safer because I am about ready to explode with all the nonsense and drama that others create.
 Thanks for the Thorns and Roses comment too. I had completely forgotten about that until you mentioned it, even had to think on it to remember what you were referring to. But I get it, and you are right. It was a timely and spot on reminder. I will have to work on that some.

Ljohnsaw

Welllll, I was planning on heading up to work on my property Friday.  Storming though the weekend off and on.  This is just past my place:

And a little further up...

:-\
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

doc henderson

OG all your effort now should pay off with dividends in the future.  you will know your mill inside and out.  You deserve it.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Yesterday I did cut, slit and delivered to the house 3 loads (1 cord in all) of firewood. Chunky pieces for them long slower burns. Of course it was aspen wood, but it throws the heat just the same. ;D I've  got to cut another 5 cords. Got over 3 cord in now. I just spotted the next cord on the bank of the road, two 18" fir leaning over the road with cracks up the back and a couple 14" aspen leaning even harder. Arthur really put some lean in them taller trees. She'll burn though, take the lean and the crooks out in the ash pan. :D Then I'll buy 1-1/2 cord of hard maple, yellow birch for Dec-Jan wood. :)

Got a fire on tonight, only 46F here for the high today. Was damp today with spotty showers, no heavy rain. Nice and cool for work though, but dry would be nicer. :D
More wet coming tomorrow. ;)

lxskllr

Wasn't too bad today. Woke up to rain, but it cleared out with sun and mild temps; ~70°. I may have to walk back my previous 'mild rain' comment in regards to the season. It's been pretty wet this spring, and I'm *really* hoping we don't get a repeat of last year.

thecfarm

Another cool morning. I had a stocking hat on first thing this morning.I kinda thought once I started working I would take it off. I was digging rocks and kept it on until I had to leave for work.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I wear one of them tube rags that some of them outdoor sportsman shops sell. Keeps your bald head warm under the hard hat and also keeps the sweat from running into your eyes and stinging. Today, as cool as it was, that rag was a bit damp. I don't think the hard hat leeks, but in a full suit of rain gear you heat up a bit, even when it is mid 40's out. I hope this is one of those 70's degree summers and not 90's for a change. ;D

lxskllr

Quote from: SwampDonkey on May 16, 2019, 06:56:49 PM
 70's degree summers
Never seen such a thing. Sounds like heaven. I'd love to go out August 20th, and it's the hottest day of the year. Hits 75°, but the weather guy says it'll cool off to 65° tomorrow. That would be amazing, and would improve my overall mood for the year.

btulloh

What about February 20th?
HM126

lxskllr

I like it cool, but I've never dealt with Canuckistan kind of cool. I'd definitely like to visit it, but I'm not sure I'd want to work in it for months at a time. I will say I'm pretty certain I'd take their cold  if it meant I could have a 70° August.

thecfarm

@SwampDonkey tube hat? Got a link? Always looking for ideas to keep warm or cool. Just like those cooler shirts. I wear a cooler shirt when outside. At first kinda pricey,but what a diffeance they make. Not a rich man,but they are worth it.

curdog

Last few days have been pretty nice. 70-75 and lower humidity.  I'd take that kind of weather and not complain anytime of the year... but the 90s are in the forecast.. summer is around the corner. 

thecfarm

38°. :o  I did not think to look at the temp yesterday,but I would think it was almost the same. Warmer days are coming. July is not that far off. ;D Should get up to 50 today.

lxskllr

Kinda hot today; 80°. Got back from my jobs, and went to look at a mulberry I intended to trim, and possibly climb. After a good look, I'm thinking it isn't really worth saving. I wasn't motivated to gear up and try rope climbing it today, but I think I'm gonna save it for that. I took off a bunch of lower limbs, so I think the tractor has clearance now, and I can take my time getting to it. There's a lot of interesting possibilities for learning to move in a tree, and it isn't super high off the ground, so if things really go wrong, I can call for a ladder rescue  :^D

SwampDonkey

@thecfarm  I think they are called a tubular bandana, polyester/spandex.

SwampDonkey

They are planting taters here in the field by the house tonight. I'll put mine in tomorrow and the onions. :)

curdog

86 when I pulled into the driveway today.  Luckily I mowed the grass yesterday, so I'll stay inside until a little closer to sunset. I try to push our son up and down the driveway most evenings,  but it's a little warm in the sun for him right now... should be fine around 730 when the sun goes behind the trees...

Thank You Sponsors!