iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lxskllr

Best day this week, 85° and 30% humidity. Unfortunately(?) I'm not at work to enjoy(?) it. I don't do anything to sweat on weekends unless I'm having fun, but I do have the door open, and it feels nice.

Took a drive up to PA to checkout an arborist shop. Got myself a new climbing helmet, but it's really for work. Nice big vents, and it's comfortable. I'm tired of my hard hat falling off when I bend over.

thecfarm

At 8:15pm it's dark out. :(  Yes,fall is here. But a Nebo headlamp keeps me working out in the dark. Another cool morning here. Been a cool summer.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

curdog

74 this morning and humid... I don't like heat but I get used to it, but I really hate humidity. I'd love to spend all summer out west somewhere where it's dry....,
Heading to mid 90s today. 

SwampDonkey

Feels like September, still in the 50's at night though. But barely 75 by late afternoon. Just the way northern summer should be. Not good watermellon growing temps. Wish we had 2" more rain though, new seeded grass needs a good shot of water. :D

Some kind of black leaf hopper found the grapes. Bigger than them ones in the spring, but they hop like a cricket. Always something.  ::) Next year hope to get the fence posts and wire strands up to train the stems to grow up and laterally. Lots of work to them grapes for sure, good thing I stayed small. :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

I haven't posted here in a long time, but I read it everyday. I have no complaints. The summer weather has been great and we have even had some stretches of low humidity. We have not hardly had any days where we have had 90°+ temps with 90% + humidity which is normal. I listened to folks complain that it's too hot, too cool, too wet, too dry and I don't care. It's been great weather, one of the best summers I can recall. As long as i don't have to shovel it, plow it, blow it, or chip it, I don't care. Best growing season we have had, everything is thick. I also like these cool mornings, 65 yesterday, 67 this morning. Life is good. 8)
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Sixacresand

Enjoy those temps, Old Greenhorn.  I'm patiently waiting for lower thermometer readings.  Those logs can wait.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WDH

I saw the bear yesterday.  Got too hot.  Suffocatingly hot and humid.  Heat index of 109.  Very dangerous. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

Another one of them nice cool days, never got to 75F until 4:00 pm. A little breeze to help dry the deck paint. :)

Wood's all finished up for the winter, 1-1/2 cord of hard maple was delivered Friday and just enough room for what was in the barn to top the last rank off. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Sixacresand

Quote from: WDH on August 13, 2019, 08:04:46 AM
I saw the bear yesterday.  Got too hot.  Suffocatingly hot and humid.  Heat index of 109.  Very dangerous.
WDH,  You should to cool it for a day or two.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

lxskllr

It's awful, and the forecast is more awful til the end of the forecast period at least. So tired of summer. Can't wait til fall.

edit:
My perfect year would be 8 months of fall, 3 months of winter, and 1 month of spring. If summer never came again, that would be just fine.

Mike W

I'm with you on the most part there, except for me it would be 8 months fall, 1 month winter and 3 months spring, summers around here are just too dang hot to be out in the sun, and I don't care too much anymore to push frozen water around out of my way.  The 1 month of winter would just keep me in check to appreciate the spring and fall months. ;D

thecfarm

Rain!!! No idea when it started,been doing this since 4:30 this morning.We need it. Have not had many showers this year. This seems more like a rain than a shower.
Still on the cool side here. First of the week mid 80's,but only 2 days.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Sixacresand

For hot weather.   The local dollar store sells sugar free, Quart size Gatoraid and Poweraid for $1 and $0.75 respectfully.  On occasion when I go hiking through a walmart, I pick up Propel to mix with water.  Also Good stuff in this heat.  

SwampDonkey

Sun was out most of the day until the drive home, then some light showers that didn't wet the road much. Mid 70's I would say out in the bush, but here at home it showered and 62F now. ;D Clothes was wet from sweat though, always have a change of clothes for the ride home. ;)

Had a visit out there in the woods from a red tailed hawk. He sure was making a squawk. No nest anywhere that I was. He was up in the top of some old maples next door. Seen him yesterday gliding around in the sky, same place.

thecfarm

Had some rain in the night. No idea how much or for how long. We need it.
My Father and me was cutting wood here. MaMa hawk was not happy with us at all. We finally figured out where the nest was and moved to another area. She let us know that she did not want us around.

SwampDonkey

Was too foggy in the woods to video the hawk, but on the way to work was a cow moose  and on the trip home was a bull moose in Napadogan Lake. Same spot along the road. Nice to have a video camera handy when you need it.  ;D

Moose watching on Napadogan Lake - YouTube

curdog

Whew it was a warm one today.  I've been flagging a cutover most of the day.  95 on the deck and got about a half mile up the road and the thermometer was showing 101.. I drank a little over a gallon of water but I'm still thirsty.  Luckily I didn't find any yellowjackets and as far as I know no chiggers... yet. So it could be worse,  but bring on the fall. I think I'll stick to the timber tomorrow, at least it's shaded.

chevytaHOE5674

Summer is drawing to a close UP here. Nights have been in the 40s (even upper 30s a few times) days have been in the 60s and 70s. Dew doesnt burn off until noon and returns by 5. Still trying to make hay but it's been hard. 

curdog

Got real fortune yesterday,  we had a thunderstorm roll through a little after 4pm and dropped the temps to the low 70s. It felt a lot better when I went back outside after supper last night.  And today is only going to be in the mid 80s... after yesterday I may need a sweatshirt with all the this cooling down. 

Sixacresand

We got a cloudy break from the heat yesterday afternoon. but it soon turned into rain. Looking rainy this morning, so I will get some more quality time milling. 

thecfarm

Nice video,swampdonkey. I have never seen a moose in water. 
Been kinda sticky here. Even this morning at 5,was kinda sticky. As I've been saying,has not really been a warm summer here. Have not had any mornings close to 80° first thing in the morning.

SwampDonkey

Around 80F today, but dry air, around 45% so doesn't feel too bad in the woods. Light breeze. Gonna be same tomorrow. :)

Saw a black bear cross the paved road this morning on the way to work, a yearling, not very big. I think the second one I've seen this summer.

No moose around the lake today. ;)

doc henderson

@SwampDonkey .  seems kinds a young to have a job, what kind of work does the black bear do?

"Saw a black bear cross the paved road this morning on the way to work " :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

yikes_smiley electricuted-smiley

Yep, he's in charge of the circus.

Thank You Sponsors!