iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Re: The weather 2019

Started by SwampDonkey, January 01, 2019, 04:24:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wisconsitom

We've been mostly gloomy but well above average temps in the 30sF and 40sF.  Not much precip really in last coupla weeks.  Now big system coming in with up to 2/10ths inch of ice, then between 1.5 and 2 inches of rain, and all that possibly followed by significant snow by Monday.  See how it all plays out.

I prefer moist weather/climates to dry, but we really don't need any more moisture for oh....4 months!
Ask me about hybrid larch!

51cub

Started out with freezing rain this morning. Temperature started going right up though. It's still above freezing now and starting to clear up a little bit
I believe in the hereafter, because every time I take two steps into the tool crib to get something I wonder " what did I come in here after"

If nothing else I'm always a good last resort or the guy to hold up as a bad example

thecfarm

Another mess this morning,nothing above 30mph. On the back road I have to travel,20 was all I dared. All ice. There was some sand and salt,but temps at 28° and freezing rain,covered that quick. The state road was better,I dared to go 10 mph faster. :o I think the rain only lasted about 4 hours,but long enough.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

Yep, quite a mess alright. And now it is 32F and clear with stars out. So will be getting colder. Gotta get some sand with salt from the DOT this morning.

Nice day to brush the stove pipes to. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have 35°. I suppose it stayed above freezing all night. Dirt driveway does not know it's above freezing. :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

We are at 25 no snow yet but its on its way and to last till Monday
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

doc henderson

rain here for a few days, huge thunder this am about 7 am.  shook the house!  above freezing so no ice for now.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

tule peak timber

Quote from: Okefenokee_D on December 27, 2019, 11:29:26 AM
Quote from: tule peak timber on December 26, 2019, 02:13:14 PM
This is a pack of four in broad daylight. Last week a neighbors dog was killed by a bear. The dog was 200 pounds !
The dog bothering the bear or what?

It is in the 60s-70s here. Temps will drop to the 40s and 50s then back up to the 60s and 70s. Sometimes we get back to the lower 30s at night. Georgia weather. 🤦🏼‍♂️
No,, the story is that the home owners left dog food outside and the dog attacked the hungry bear. The dog was a bull mastiff and was gutted...
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

SwampDonkey

Morning fire is on, but it is 28F and a lot of wind. Probably won't need any more wood if the sun is out bright today. :)

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Old Greenhorn

Pretty day here yesterday, got into the mid 40's with sunshine. It took out some more ice and was great for milling that last log. Didn't need hardly any heat in the shop until evening, but I ran out of oil and had to fetch some more.
 Had a weird weather spike at 1am this morning. The temp went from 30 to 39 and back down to 30 withing an hour and a half. At the same time the wind went from 2mph to 15, then back to 2 and there was a pressure drop and rise, all in the same hour and a half. I am assuming something was passing through, but it was quick.
 Now it's 27° with just a tiny breeze. They are predicting rain with freezing at elevation to start this evening and run right through until mid-day Tuesday, around 17" total or so, they guess. I think it will be headed your way on Tuesday SwampDonkey. Guess I had better get my flooring lumber in the shop tonight so it can stay dry.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

goose63

I don't know where all that went to we have maybe 4 inch now lf the power will stay on its been out 3 times sofar.

Do i put the snow blower back on or wate ? :snowball:
goose

goose63

@Andries you better stay up there I 29 is closed fron S.D. TO Canada and I 94 from Fargo to Bismarck
goose

Andries

Thanks for the heads up @goose63 
Our Colorado buddies have sent you that storm - it seems to have stalled out right on top of you. (Don't blame me! 😉)
Manitoba might get just a little dusting of snow.
When the power is on for a while, check the NOAA radar for the Upper Mississippi - what you see there might answer your 3 pt. snowblower question. 👍
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

chevytaHOE5674

Close to 1.5" of rain last night and this morning and heavy ice on everything expecially the roads. Neighbor kid had his hockey skates on and was skating down the blacktop road earlier. Temp is supposed to drop some and over a foot of heavy wet snow is supposed to fall. Just awful outside you cant even walk around with risking broken limbs.

SwampDonkey

The ice is not that thick here, but you don't even dare walk on the road here without chaulk boots on. Driveway is sanded, but still a mess. Been snow squalls here all day. The big snow starts tomorrow, I guess this is the pre-show. :D  Been upper 20's all day.

goose63

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 29, 2019, 03:21:22 PM
The ice is not that thick here, but you don't even dare walk on the road here without chaulk boots on. Driveway is sanded, but still a mess. Been snow squalls here all day. The big snow starts tomorrow, I guess this is the pre-show. :D  Been upper 20's all day.
Like these

The power is back on for now the way the wind is blowing it will be a big mess in the morning  
goose

SwampDonkey

Yep, and mine are Viking logger boots. ;D

wisconsitom

Rain, fog, snow.  Rinse and repeat.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Woodcutter_Mo

We had some really good weather for the holiday week with upper 60's. The weather is cooling back down to 40's for the highs now. We had strong storm last night and tonight some rain that might produce a few flakes of snow by tomorrow. 
-WoodMizer LT25
-592XP full wrap, 372XP, 550XP, 455 Rancher, RedMax GZ3500T
-Fixer-uppers/projects:
024AV, MS260, MS361, MS460, Shindaiwa 488, 394XPG

Old Greenhorn

Well, it started drizzling yesterday afternoon as I was dragging my lumber inside. They have predicted some nasty ice just north and west of us overnight at 1,000' and above. Our temp here has been holding steady at 33.5° right through the night, so we dodged a bullet. Still it was on my mind and I got up at 4am because I couldn't breath (sawdust packed sinuses) and was concerned about the ice. We have not had a serious ice storm here in a very long time but I still remember how dangerous they can be.
 Raining now with a few heavy bands and it looks like it is headed up to SwampDonkey's neck of the wood, or maybe just south of him. Gonna be a snotty day. I am probably not going to do any yard work. :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Chuck White

We're forecast to receive ICE today, temp now is 34° - 35°
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

SwampDonkey

8" snow predicted for up this way, coming tonight. Sunny here this morning. Temps down in the teens here.

doc henderson

a little snow and ice overnight, but warming today and no moisture till Thursday.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

thecfarm

I have 25°,but wind blowing and making it feel a lot colder. No sun  here, all clouds. Yes, snow is coming.

goose63

10 inch of snow here still a few flakes comeing down a lot more north of here 29 and 94 still shut down wind still blowing

You can bet my road is a big mess will start on it when the sun comes up :new_year: :new_year: :new_year:

goose

Thank You Sponsors!