iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Our mill finally arrived

Started by Ernie, February 27, 2005, 07:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ernie

Our mill finally arrived. It is a Rimu portable twinsaw and will quartersaw a log up to 2 meters diameter and 8 meters long, if I can find one.  This is a pic of an earlier model cutting a 2 meter by 7 meter 17 ton redwood here in beautiful New Zealand.

Will post more pics when I figure out how to get them off the video camera or save up for a digital still camera.

https://forestryforum.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-8767

Ernie
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Kirk_Allen

MULE_MAN

Congratulation  on your New Mill hope you enjoy yourself making sawing saw dust  8)

And don't forget to be careful doing in  ;)  :)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

chet

Hey Ernie,
Looks like yer practicing on da little guys first.  :)  Just kiddin'.  We need lots more pics of your mill, as it is one I'm not familiar with.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Fla._Deadheader

Way to go, Ernie.  "Twinsaw", is that with 2 blades ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Cedarman

If I had a log that big, I'd watch it all day.  Great pic.  Looks like you're having fun.  What's all that green in the background?  Wish our trees were that color.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Frank_Pender

That looks like some of the same size Sequoia I have in my log yard ast this time.
Frank Pender

pigman

Goog pic.  When I get a small log like that one I just chop it up for firewood. ;)
Bob the liar
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

tnlogger

ernie great news  8) waiting for pics  ;D
gene

Ernie

Hey Fla-deadheader

Yes it has two blades  I need a memory card to get still from the video camera, maybe the next time I go to town.  The only problem is I am having so much fun making sawdust that town is the last thing on my mind.  I thought that milling would be fun but, what an understatement, it's not even work close to being work, I think that I might even feel guilty charging for milling  :D :D :D :D :D :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Ianab

Good stuff there Ernie

I'll give you a call and arrange an inspection tour one day soon  ;)

If I bring my official photographer I'll be able to supply you with a full photo shoot of the mill  :D

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

KiwiCharlie

Hey Guys,
I may have to take a road trip sometime - then I could maybe get to see a Peterson and a Rimu in action?!  ;D
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

TN_man

Congradulations Ernie 8)
Please send us some more pics so we can figure out how that thing works.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

iain

That there log is a prime example of (slabbing attachment needed) 8)

iain

Ernie

Iain  Slabbing attachment was ordered with the mill but a shortage of parts from Australia has it delayed, should arrive within three weeks.  Gee its fun makin sawdust.

DanG

Bigtime congrats, Ernie!!  8) 8) 8) 8)  Makin' that sawdust is one of the most satisfying things you can do.  Rank's right up there with fishing. ;D  It can get a little mundane at times, but when you see those special sweet boards coming off it, it all becomes a new thrill again.  8) 8) 8)

Speakin' of sweet, I really enjoy that pic of you huggin' that Granbaby.  That's a real heartwarming scene. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ernie

I fiinally got the memory card and now I don't seem to be able to enter "Admin mode" to oplace the pix in my gallery, any ideas????

Frank_Pender

Ernie, what are you going to do with all that pink "girly wood"?   ;D
Frank Pender

pigman

Ernie.
You should be in admin mode when you first go to the galleries. If not click on the user mode button and it will put you in admin mode.
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ernie

In my gallery, I have posted a heap of pix of our mill as well as pix of Pruning in New Zealand (the tree are 12 years old)  I have also I posted new stuff in various other galleries.  Hope you like the pix.

Ernie And his partner in milling and forestery, my son--- Alf  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank You Sponsors!