The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

FARMA

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Author Topic: Debarker  (Read 488 times)

Offline johnnydeere99

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
Debarker
« on: November 26, 2019, 01:43:28 PM »
Help!

I have a woodmizer LT35HD, I have only had it for a few weeks, its brand new. I ran a few logs through no issues but then the debarker stopped cutting. I had already completed a cut which it worked fine but when I went to engage it again nothing. I have checked the breaker and that's not popped either. I am able to move the debarker in to the log but the blade will not spin and the light on top does not come on. 

Any Ideas from anyone.
Thanks

Offline Southside

• Administrator
  • Have a plan to saw every log you meet.
    • Share Post
Re: Debarker
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 02:26:38 PM »
If it's not the breaker then I would place a call to Wood-mizer and get someone to walk you through a diagnostic test.  Could be a connection has come loose, switch is bad, relay is not closing, etc.  Having a multi-meter and power probe will make figuring out issues like this a breeze and will save lots of guess work.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.

Online SawyerTed

• Senior Member x2
  • Summey Lumber Services, LLC
    • Share Post
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 02:59:40 PM »
+1 on making the call to WM.  A phone call often saves significant time and puts a warranty issue on record if needed.  The warranty is there and so is the support without extra cost.
Woodmizer LT35HD25, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Granberg Alaskan Chainsaw Mill, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

Offline Cedar Buster

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 08:09:52 PM »
Had the same problem on mine. Check the breaker inside the metal box (you have to remove two bolts to get to it. That breaker is a weird switch. Itís got a small arm that trips downward.
Flip the on/off switch on the control panel a couple times, too.

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 08:56:41 PM »
   I think Cedar Buster hit the nail on the head. I bet you are talking about the breaker on the control panel. Check up in the black box on the back side of the debarker. Mine just flips down when it trips. I bet you a bowl full of grits against a quart of maple syrup that is what it is
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Offline johnnydeere99

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 09:07:08 PM »
Yah, I checked the funky hidden one in the box, as when I picked up the saw during my training I remembered that specifically. It was not popped, hence my confusion on why it stopped working.

Offline will49766

• Share Post
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 09:29:11 PM »
I had this happen to me with my LT40HD.  I allowed the debarker to dig too deep into the log and it popped the breaker on the back side of the control panel.  I would bet your LT35 is the same.  Look on the back side of the control panel for a popped CB.  I'll bet that's all it is. Not inside the box, it's on the back side of the control panel.  It should have a rubber boot protecting it from moisture. It should be labeled "AUX" I think.
Will Houghmaster

Offline jeepcj779

• Full Member x2
  • "Watch this" - Famous last words
    • Share Post
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2019, 01:15:29 AM »
WV Sawmiller, as long as you don't mix the grits and maple syrup, everything will be fine.

Offline WV Sawmiller

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
    • Green's Sawmill Services
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2019, 09:00:36 AM »
jd99,

Okay - you checked and wasn't that so I owe you a bowl of grits. Let me know when you are stopping by for them. I might even have a plate of fried catfish fillets/nuggets and baked beans and cole slaw if I have enough notice.:D

jeep,

No you don't have to mix the maple syrup with the grits although some people do strange things like sprinkling sugar on them instead of butter or gravy and I suspect there are cretins who do things like that. I generally make them go eat on the porch when they sugar the grits as it ruins my appetite. :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2009 4wd Dodge PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Sthil 440 & 441, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once"

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
debarker

Started by keith on General Board

0 Replies
Last post July 21, 2004, 09:16:15 PM
by keith
xx
anyone using a debarker?

Started by woodmills1 on Sawmills and Milling

2 Replies
Last post February 24, 2009, 08:15:57 AM
by MaddiesDad