iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Your Christmas Tree

Started by Magicman, December 16, 2019, 10:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

For the past several years we have used an artificial tree which resides in the attic when not in use.  This year I can climb the ladder, but due to my knee situation, I do not feel comfortable trying to negotiate beyond the ladder.  Sooo

PatD bought a small potted Norfolk Pine which will serve as our Christmas Tree this year.  Let's see yours.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

tule peak timber

A Colorado spruce I  planted from seed 13 years ago.Merry Christmas to all .

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Jeff

We cant have live due to alergies. Last year we went live and set it up outside our front window next to the bird feeder. It was self decorating with birds that would lite in it.  Having said that, this year we put up an artificial tree and I think its the best decorated one we have had. Birds!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Ljohnsaw

Hey, there's one of those Elves on the shelf behind the tree! ;)
John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

stavebuyer

My wife puts up 3 somewhat small(4ft) artificial trees. I used to always cut a cedar. The shape was never perfect and the cedars do make a mess but I liked 'em. The artificial I get down out of the attic and I don't get much exited about. I'd prefer the Charlie brown live one :snowball: LOL

Ed_K

We made this a few yrs ago. This yr we just have the jasmine that's in the back ground.
Ed K

firefighter ontheside

I used to get a tree with rootball as a Christmas tree and then plant it, but it always died.  Since then I've had a fake tree.  I used to decorate the Norway spruce in the front yard, but it's too big now.  The spruce is decorated with snow right now.

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

whatwas

<this is my shop tree, we have used a artificial one in the house since the boys have grown up and moved out>

life is good

LIL

Our tree before the naughty pussycats decided to launch themselves into it for fun oz_smiley oz_smiley

Meri Kirihimete me ngā mihi o te tau hou.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

ESFted

Every year we get a huge tree.  It's a family tradition that makes the missus happy, so...happy wife, happy life.  This one is just about 13'6".

S.U.N.Y. College of Environmental Science and Forestry '65
Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM
Dreams of a Wm LT70 w/all the accessories

DPatton

ESFted,

Nice speed goat on the wall above your tree. Can you tell us more about it. Looks like he has some height and nice cutters.

TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

Work isn't so bad when you enjoy what your doing.
D & S Sawmill Services

Sixacresand

We have our usual Christmas Trees and decorations at home.  It thrilled me to help young boys build their own tree. (The photo below:  I blotted out the faces.  I don't want to put other people's kids's pictures on the internet).  The words below were with the photo on the Church Facebook page, which the Parents loved.  

"Hammer Time" as RA's build their own wooden Christmas Trees tonight. When a boy learns to use a hammer, he is empowered to use that hammer for the Kingdom of God. How many homes or Churches will he help build in his lifetime? Or how many boys will he teach to use one?

"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

thecfarm

Good for you to teach them.
I just posted about that same thing on another thread. Some kids today have no idea how to build things or know how to fix things or use tools.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ESFted

Quote from: DPatton on December 23, 2019, 10:06:25 PM
ESFted,

Nice speed goat on the wall above your tree. Can you tell us more about it. Looks like he has some height and nice cutters.
That grain fed goat was enjoying life in Valentine, Montana in 1967 when he met a really hot 300 Winchester magnum hand load that I had put together for elk. Nearly cut him in half, but did not destroy any meat! The hunt was spur of the moment and I was a starving USAF 2Lt stationed in Great Falls.  Caught holy hell from the missus for buying that gun and froze my tush off but that was the best tasting meat we've ever had.  I'd have to get the ladder out to measure him, but he is an average buck at about 12".

Stihl MS661CRM, Stihl MS460,  Stihl MSE 220, Solo 64S, Granberg Alaskan MK-IV CSM

DPatton

ESFted,
That's a great photo, thanks for sharing. I've had the opportunity to hunt them here in far NW Nebraska several times. Here's a photo from the last goat hunt I went on in 2013.

I'm not real fond of the meat myself. I've had mixed experiences with one or two that I simply couldn't eat, to one that was fabulous. I do know that antelope meat makes the very best jerky I have ever had. 
That 300 win mag should have been enuf of gun to put one of them critters down. But its really not an uncommon choice for speed goats due to the terrain, distances, and windy conditions that many are harvested in. That's a great rifle too. Hope you were able to keep the gun and the misses.
TimberKing 1600, 30' gooseneck trailer, Chevy HD2500, Echo Chainsaw, 60" Logrite.

D & S Sawmill Services

ESFted

DPatton,
Those are beautiful goats! The 300WM is really versatile and I carried that rifle for several more years in Alaska before selling it.  (I still regret that decision...it was an absolutely beautiful Browning with perfect checkering and a fantastic piece of wood).  When I returned to Alaska for several more years I bought a post-64 Winchester that was not even close to the quality of the Browning.  Now I live on the east coast and don't have the need for the 300.  For several years I loaned it to a friend who had the opportunity to hunt elk on a private ranch out west and he scored some beauties.  He was always after me to sell him the gun, but I carried it for so many miles and had so many good memories attached to it I just couldn't part with it.  He developed a rare lung illness with a 'you'll be dead in three years prognosis' and had the chance for one last hunt, so I sold him the gun and he killed another beautiful elk with it.  The friend has beaten the odds so far by a full year, and is still upright. I keep bugging him to sell me the gun back ;D

I've kept the missus, mainly because after 54 years together she still tolerates my penchant for expensive toys.

DPatton

ESFted, 

From the looks of our hunting photos I am 100% more likely to own a sawmill and have a log to saw. ;D ;D ;D

D & S Sawmill Services

Thank You Sponsors!