iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl MS362 Elastostart

Started by Rhodemont, January 20, 2020, 05:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhodemont

Broke the recoil rope on my 362.  This one has the plastic fittings crimped on the rope, not the spring loaded.  I see replacement rope with the handle for $21 on e-bay.  Can you just buy the rope with the fittings crimped on...my handle is fine?
Woodmizer LT35HD    JD4720 with Norse350 winch
Stihl 362, 039, Echo CS-2511T,  CS-361P and now a CSA 300 C-O

lxskllr

I think so. I haven't done my Stihl's yet, so no first hand experience, but if your handle isn't broken, cord is all you need. Here's a video...

How To Replace The Recoil Rope On Your ElastoStart Handle - TreeStuff.com Chainsaw Maintenance Video - YouTube

Rhodemont

Yep, that is the spring loaded version.    I found the heavier cord only on e-bay for $2.25 with $10 shipping.  Two service shops I called only have the assembly for $35.  So going for e-bay since I will waste time and spend more on gas trying to track one down.

lxskllr

The second part of the video shows the heavier plastic version. I posted it to give you an idea of what it takes to install it. Looks like it requires a fair bit of force to get it together. Wonder how hard it is to get the pieces apart. Have you disassembled yours yet?

Rhodemont

Was able to lit the end cap a bit (just 1/4 inch)with a small screw driver which is just pulling the excess cord in the handle up and out .  Then with pliers and a good yank up and out the top.  Took about 2 mins.

Thank You Sponsors!