iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

weight loss contest/support

Started by doc henderson, January 26, 2020, 10:53:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc henderson

oh well, here is about 1975.

old pic.  my dad said I could have long hair as long as it was neat and clean.  He was an army MP.  (or he would cut it for me!)

here is my goal 1964 or so,  those were the days, me and my red headed brother Brad at Christmas time.

and no, I do not always wear a suit.   :o   8) :) .  here we go!
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Magicman

Yup, some of us had hair back in those days.  :o
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WDH

Butch Cassidy or The Sundance Kid?
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jeff

Stovetop hat and a cape and we have snidely whiplash!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

stanwelch

:D :D :D  You guys are too much!!
Woodworker, Woodmizer LT15, Stihl 026, MS261CM and 460 chainsaws, John Deere 5410 Tractor 540 Loader,Forks & Grapple, Econoline 6 ton tilt bed trailer

Bruno of NH

Love the old pics
I'm still losing
I used to run a good mullet back in the day
I'm getting thin on the hair up top now.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Jeff

You only need it in the back for a mullet Bruno!

Jeff

277- 30 lbs lost  goal met!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

THAT IS SUPER!!!!!
Congratulations! I can't believe you did that SO fast. Pretty amazing! I hope this has you feeling a LOT better. I note you haven't mentioned an episode in quite a while now. 
 Pretty soon you will waste away, so be careful. ;D
 Now I am starting to think I might could use a little weight loss, but I dunno. You guys have me checking the scale daily now. 
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Old Greenhorn

You think I could ever look like this again? (1976)

Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

doc henderson

OGH you look pretty chiseled and like a rock!.  oops that is you on the left!   :D  Jeff, you continue to inspire and well into the 70s.  I am close but have worked all night, so salad at 02:00 am.  throws off the weigh schedule anyway.  I am happy with my progress,  but amazed with yours! 8) 8) 8).  your PA will crap his pants.  many talk the talk, and only a few walk the walk.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

EOTE

Quote from: Jeff on March 06, 2020, 05:17:37 AM

277- 30 lbs lost  goal met!
Congratulations!  I know it has been challenging but it is also rewarding.  Don't reward yourself too much.  ;D  Now comes the bigger challenge of keeping it off.  Stay determined and your body will thank you for it.
EOTE (End of the Earth - i.e. last place on the road in the middle of nowhere)  Retired.  Old guys rule!
Buzz Lightsaw, 12 Mexicans, and lots of Guy Toys

doc henderson

I am up a couple but still tending down.  I know what I weigh after sleeping all night, and heavier at the end of the day with food and drink.  when I work all night, I get and extra meal and being awake, a soda or coffee or water help keep me awake and less bored.  so I am still trending well, and sticking to my guns, and with all the success of everyone, I am hardly tempted.  I bought donuts for my kids after I got off this am, and no desire to eat one.  2 more nights, then back into a routine.  getting lots done as I have more energy!  have a good day, I am having a double IPA, gifted to me by a patient, delivered by Gabe my liquor store manager, and son of a local doc.  I will sleep all day, Provide final help with a couple pinewood derby cars late this afternoon, and then back to work.  

Jeff

My reported weights have been dressed with jeans and my belt and normal socks, because that is how I was weighed at the dr office to start out. 

30lbs is a long way from the ultimate goal of 87 pounds.

doc henderson

actually, if you look at your success vs time it is even more impressive.  I think you are the kind of person that becomes more committed with success and not the opposite.  you are almost half way there in a very short period of time.  looking forward to seeing the results in GA.!!!!!  It is a lofty goale and you are over 1/3 the way there and no signs of stopping or even slowing down. although I expect the rate to decline over time, prob. a healthy decline.

doc henderson

we just started Jan 26th.  about 40 days ago and you have lost 30 pounds!  3/4s of a pound per day.  at that rate (which I expect and hope to slow down), you will achieve your goal in  76 days.  that is about May 15th.  good god man.  doing great.  you will not get there by then, but keep it happening!

Jeff

I started on January 18, the day of my first dr appointment when I was told I weighed 307 lbs and was morbidly obese. Did not like being labeled that. I'm not even sure 220 gets me out of the obese category tables but that pic of me in the 70s. I weighed close to 210.

doc henderson

you can look it up based on your height but the government does tend to make healthy folks appear to be obese, as well as insurance folks.  how tall are you?

doc henderson

your PA can refer you to a dietician and they can measure your % body fat, and or your BMI, and figure you ideal body weight for your age.  If I remember and can find them, I can bring calipers for measuring triceps skin fold to estimate body fat percentage.  might be interesting, but take some of the fun, out of Jake's event!  Just so you know, the dietician would prob. say you are going too fast.  but I think it is safe if it is easy now,and would expect it to slow down.  as long as you are not starving yourself.  might be fun for you to get, or borrow, some keto sticks to see if you are in ketosis.  ps if you "borrow" them, they will not want them back! :D  GREAT JOB!

Jeff

I honestly think the removal of 1000 calories a day in coke I was drinking accounts for a couple lbs a week alone. Im not hungry, in fact the 3 or 4 times i figured i was eating way more than I should that day, turned out I was still way under my calories of 1850-2000 a day.  If you cook your own food  and eat healthy, that can still be a lot of food.

Jeff

I doubt I am in ketosis as I eat rice and potatoes in my meal plans.  I made this last  night and it was amazing. One of my finest ever concoctions. Roasted potato, chicken gizzards and mushroom soup .

Jeff

Quote from: doc henderson on March 06, 2020, 10:35:51 AM
, I can bring calipers for measuring triceps skin fold to estimate body fat percentage.  might be interesting, but take some of the fun, out of Jake's event!  
I could bring these...

Jeff

Blackened carrots, celery and a red potato, and toaster oven cod.  Near as I can figure, counting the tablespoon of olive oil and 1/8 cup chicken broth, 469 calories and I'm stuffed.

Thank You Sponsors!