iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AMEX

Started by Raider Bill, March 05, 2020, 09:48:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

I cancelled Kapersky anti virus for the office over a year ago. Last 3 weeks I've been getting emails from them saying they are trying to renew me but the amex card is expired.

I called and reminded them I cancelled and did not want their product anymore.

Continued getting emails about not being able to process my card.

Saturday AMEX texts me a fraud warning asking if a charge from Kaspersky was fraud.

I called AMEX and told them It was in fact a fraudulent charge and that I did not want it to go through. Woman said ok she will mark my account.

Today I get a email from Kaspersky thanking me for my renewal.

Call Amex What! How did a charge that I said I did not want to go through get authorized on a expired card?
Guy said oh, they somehow got your new card info so we processed it.
Really, Really!!!

I asked him what the EDITED BY ADMIN kind of security do you guys have over there? I told you I did not want them to charge me, that it was fraud and you gave them my new card info!!

Guy says  I have to now dispute the charge so they can investigate blah blah blah...

Now not only do I have to jump through their hoops to dispute it but also have to figure out what I am going to do with 750k in points so I can cancel the card and quit doing business with AMEX

What a joke.
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

btulloh

Wow.  That is disturbing. 
HM126

Andries

When I retired, one of the biggest reliefs was to leave my AMEX card behind.
They were a colossal pain in the but for 12 years. 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Raider Bill

The Platinum card is a game changer if you travel much.
The executive lounges at airports with leather recliners , free drinks and snacks alone is worth it.
They've found me last minute hotels in sold out cities a couple times. Once sent a car to pick me up and take me there.
That's what ticks me off so much. Why did this happen.
I've never had a issue with them in 30 years. Get all kinds of gadgets and crap with points.
Was saving for an Alaska cruise this time.

Guy had no idea when I said I was going to send Roy D. Mercer down there what kind of trouble he was really in.
My advice on aging gracefully... ride fast bikes and date faster women, drink good tequila, practice your draw daily, be honest and fair in your dealings, but suffer not fools. Eat a hearty breakfast, and remember, ALL politicians are crooks.

sawguy21

Few Canadian businesses will accept their card, too expensive and not worth the aggravation.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Raider Bill

Quote from: sawguy21 on March 05, 2020, 01:24:27 PM
Few Canadian businesses will accept their card, too expensive and not worth the aggravation.

Heck I don't accept it either but they have to pay for the perks somehow.

RichTired

I agree AMEX is a mixed blessing.  I used a corporate AMEX for about 25 years.  I do have many nice toys I purchased with my points. But the last 5-6 years I used one I ran into more and more places that stopped accepting them.  Rental car companies, major hotels, and most major restaurants would accept them as well as any airport business. 

I am NOT defending them, but I have had issues with other credit card companies, one in the last week.  Some one bought $700 worth of camera equipment in New York City without my card being present.  I reported it as fraud and was not responsible for the charges. BUT, the credit card company cancelled the card, issued me a new card and then I had to contact or update all vendors where I use the card or have automatic charges (health insurance, car insurance, etc).

I too am glad to not need the corporate AMEX card anymore.
Wood-Mizer LT15GO, Kubota L2800, Husqvarna 268 & Stihl 241 C-M chainsaws, Logrite cant hook, Ford F-150 Fx4

Richard

Corley5

They're great for pre-sale concert tickets ;D :) 8) 8) but that's about it :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

SawyerTed

I had a corporate and a personal AMEX cards.  The personal card was fine.  The other one created so many problems, I returned it to my employer and preferred to be reimbursed for charges on my personal card.  

I no longer use AMEX, I don't use the perks much any more so there's little advantage over other cards.
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Sixacresand

Credit cards are handy, but are the work of the devil.  
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

WV Sawmiller

When we first got married we used MasterCard then when I started working and traveling overseas I found it was hard to use - VISA was preferred so we switched. They are handy there to draw local currency at the regular exchange rate with no exchange fee. I was also surprised the first time I went to use traveler's checks overseas and I found the vendor's discounted them 5% so for a $100 TC they'd give you $95 credit. I had always used them in USA where our vendors gave full value.

I would thinking this case you would just pay the bill less the mistaken/unauthorized amount, and list on the bill the part you would not pay and why.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

TimRB

Quote from: Sixacresand on March 05, 2020, 10:26:18 PM
Credit card companies seem to prey on people who will run up the balance to the max and then make minimum payments. 

Tim

Raider Bill

Quote from: TimRB on March 06, 2020, 03:50:53 PM
Quote from: Sixacresand on March 05, 2020, 10:26:18 PM
Credit card companies seem to prey on people who will run up the balance to the max and then make minimum payments.  

Tim

This one you have to pay it off every month.
They make their money on the backs of seller with high fees.

Thank You Sponsors!