iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lookin' for landowners to quote

Started by Phil, May 17, 2002, 12:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Hi, all.

I've been asked to do an article for Hobby Farms on forest management, and I'm in search of landowners to quote.

Since this magazine is published for people with small, part-time farms, that's the kind of landowners I'm seeking.  If some of you are such landowners, or if some of my fellow foresters know landowners who own small farms with significant, forested acreage, I'd like to get in touch with them.  I'm especially interested in landowners with "success stories," who've managed their woodlots for timber, wildlife, etc. for several years and have seen the fruits of their efforts.

I know some southern landowners who fit the bill, so I'm particularly interested in finding folks in the Northeast or the West to make this piece more nationwide in scope.

Thanks, y'all.

Phil

Jeff

Hey! Make sure ya'll help Phil out on this, I know some of the members here fit the bill. Maybe we can find a way to get him to give the forum a plug in his article. ;)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Corley5

I guess I fit your requirements.  Of our 200 acres of farmland half is northern hardwoods, maple, basswood, beech, ash etc.  Let me know what I can do for you.  I'm in Northern Lower MI.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

woodmills1

we are just nearing the first year of owning the whole farm but have had 3/4 of the land for 10 years.  just now beginning to harvest and saw some of the trees.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Jeff

Phil,

Greg should be perfect. (He raises kids on that farm now too)

I got to visit with Corley5 a couple weeks ago and I cannot think of a more fitting guy.

Parttime farmer
Owns timberland
cuts logs himself
cuts his logs into lumber himself on his mill
builds his house, flooring siding paneling cupboards from the above lumber!

Builds kids in that house so they can continue the process. Man what else could ya ask for. (Plus his day job is in natural resources.)

[subliminal message tag]Forum plug forum plug forum plug[/subliminal message tag]

Phil

Greg and James,

Thanks for your quick replies.  Why don't you e-mail me a phone number -- along with the best time to contact you -- and I'll give you a ring.

My e-mail is phillip@phillipmeeks.com .

And I'll see if I can toss in a forum plug for ya, Jeff.  

Thanks.

Phil

Edo

Hey... I know some overhere in Costa Rica...

if you are interested....let me know...

Jeff

So did these interviews happen yet? Corley5 are you famous?

Frank_Pender

Phil, I might fit your classification if you are in agreement with the IRS.  They keep telling me that I have a hobby business, farm and .....!   I keep winning the arguments but they are becomeing somewhat within the catagory of herassment!  E-mail me if you are interested.  I am also located in The Western Oregon, in the Central Willamette Valley.  8)
Frank Pender

Corley5

I haven't heard from him yet.  Sent him my # and time to call but nothing yet.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Phil

Hi, all.

Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten you.  I got a bit behind over the past week, and I'm playing a bit of catch-up.

Greg and James, I'll plan to give you a ring tomorrow (Wednesday).  Frank, I'll send you an e-mail, too.

Thanks again, and sorry for the delay...

Phil

Thank You Sponsors!