iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

084 parts

Started by 421Altered, May 01, 2020, 11:03:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

421Altered

I am trying to rebuild my 084.  I am having a difficult time finding parts, lol.  Where can I find gaskets for the case, and crankcase oil seals?  I have ordered a cylinder gasket, I did find that one online, but, no luck with other parts.  Also, I don't have any run time with this saw, so I don't know if the case gasket needs replacing or not.  How can I test it and see?  And lastly, where can I get a crankcase splitter?  Thanks in advance.

Evanguy

Im in the mids of rebuilding my 084 aswell, i got oem crank bearings and seals. There was also cheap aftermarket ones as well.

On ebay, you can get oem and aftermarket gaskets, bearings, seals. As well as lots of other items you may need for the saw.

Al_Smith

Parts for an 084 are not cheap .You might try Scott at Chainsaw R or Northwood saw to name a few .I have one in the shed I should start up because it's been a while since .
Kind of funny because I asked the Stihl dealer I do business with how many of this size saw do they sell in a year .The reply it's more like one every two or three years .The replacement,880-881 or what ever is very costly .However that said the dealer can get parts for the 084 in about three days from Cincinnati .They order twice a week so the wait is not too long .Good dealer .

421Altered

Thanks to Al, and Evanguy for their info!  It is definately a challenge finding all of the parts.  I'm needing a bar oil pickup hose for it, does the ms 880 share this part?

421Altered

Does the ms 880 have the same type of bar oiling system?

Thank You Sponsors!