iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chainsaw file system

Started by Bruno of NH, August 10, 2020, 01:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I have had the chainsaw file system for 6 weeks now.
It is very nice it's made by PFERD in Germany.
Very well made and the files are top shelve.
It cuts the rakers down at the same time.Fast and easy. 
It's called the chain sharp CS-X 

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Real1shepherd

That unit has been well documented/discussed.....glad it's working for you!

Kevin

samandothers

Bruno,
What saw are you using it on?

Bruno of NH

Jonsered 2172 it's my firewood saw and the saw I use to trim logs at the mill
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

samandothers

I have not bought one yet for my Echo's.  Still using file and hitting drag teeth every so often.  I had thought about getting one for my son.  He has a Stihl home owners saw, 250 or 251.  He does not use it much and therefore not much experience with sharpening.  I thought one of these tools would help him be more successful with his sharpening.

lxskllr

Everyone that uses one seems to like it. Seems especially well suited to infrequent users.

Ianab

I think you can buy the orange and white version from Stihl, looks exactly the same. Friend got one with her little "gardening" MS 1??. Seems to do a good job, and doesn't need too much skill to use.  
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Bruno of NH

I got it so my hired help could sharpen the saw because he wasn't good at it.
Saves me from doing it.
He can't keep the saw out of the dirt.

YellowHammer

I got one and really like it.  I'm pretty good at file sharpening, but this one does as good or better job and trims the rakers at the same time.  Sharper chain, less time.  Easy decision.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 10, 2020, 09:54:04 PMHe can't keep the saw out of the dirt.
Seems like he has that problem with a lot of things.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WDH

I have the orange and white one for my Stihl saws and it works good.  You need a vise to hold the bar when using it. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

firefighter ontheside

I too have the orange and white one.  I really like it.  I rarely filed my rakers before, but this lets me file the rakers every time I sharpen and therefore have a better cut all the time.  I have not noticed that I need a vise.  Sometimes though I have a moment where I can't orient the thing correctly on the saw.  Its like I'm all thumbs or have 2 left hands.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

teakwood

Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 10, 2020, 08:34:30 PM
You probably figured it out right, but does your firewood saw use .404 chain? if not you got the wrong sharper
I use the 2in1 file system since 2years now and i will never go back, even a idiot can learn to sharpen a chain with this tool. 
National Stihl Timbersports Champion Costa Rica 2018

hedgerow

I bought one when they first came out and it work good. When a buddy of mind bought a acreage shortly after I bought it I gave him a O41 Stihl and the 2in1 sharpener and he uses it all the time. He really likes it as he hadn't ever sharpen a chain before. 

Bruno of NH

Quote from: teakwood on August 11, 2020, 09:05:36 AM
Quote from: Bruno of NH on August 10, 2020, 08:34:30 PM
You probably figured it out right, but does your firewood saw use .404 chain? if not you got the wrong sharper
I use the 2in1 file system since 2years now and i will never go back, even a idiot can learn to sharpen a chain with this tool.
My saw does have the 404 chain on it .

Bruno of NH

I do use it in a chainsaw vise
I got that at the same time.
Never had one before don't know how I got by without one.

Bruno of NH

This is the saw vice I got

Thank You Sponsors!