iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

372xp

Started by Buddyray, September 25, 2020, 09:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddyray

Hi guys I just ended up with 372xpt and it's flooding something bad to the point it won't even hit there's fuel coming out the muffler and I have pulled the plug held it upside down pulled the rope got all the fuel out it and it's still flooding bad what's up or what should I do next thanks 

sawguy21

Welcome aboard! Pour a coffee and pull up a stump. Do you know if the saw has been sitting for a long period of time? The carburetor inlet needle is not sealing, it is either gummed up with old gas or somebody has not correctly assembled it. Theyy may have lost the return spring. The only solution is to remove the carburetor, disassemble and thoroughly clean it. Look up the carburetor using the make and model, probably a Tillotson HS, on youtube for guidance and come back if you have further questions.

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Spike60

Hey what are you, a Stihl guy or something? (just kiddin')  372's never had a Tilly, always the Walbro HD. :)

But the diagnosis is surely correct; that needle isn't seating. First assembly issue to look for is to make sure the gasket went on before the diaphragm. Next is that the metering lever isn't set too high. Shouldn't be above the carb body.

Other more basic question to ask, and the intention is not to be insulting, but how many times did you pull the rope with the choke on? I have seen saws that flooded come into the store. Customer sets it on the counter and the choke is still on. How many pulls with the choke on? "about 25-3o times". It does happen.
Husqvarna-Jonsered
Ashokan Turf and Timber
845-657-6395

thecfarm

Buddyray, welcome to the forum.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Greenhighlander

Quote from: Spike60 on September 28, 2020, 05:54:44 AM
Hey what are you, a Stihl guy or something? (just kiddin')  372's never had a Tilly, always the Walbro HD. :)

But the diagnosis is surely correct; that needle isn't seating. First assembly issue to look for is to make sure the gasket went on before the diaphragm. Next is that the metering lever isn't set too high. Shouldn't be above the carb body.

Other more basic question to ask, and the intention is not to be insulting, but how many times did you pull the rope with the choke on? I have seen saws that flooded come into the store. Customer sets it on the counter and the choke is still on. How many pulls with the choke on? "about 25-3o times". It does happen.
I have  flooded my 395 by trying to start it in warm weather with the choke out.  Then I learned that with huskies you are suppose to pull it out and push it back in when it isn't cold out.  This allows it to start with fast idle as if it was choked , but without flooding it.
Cheers 

Thank You Sponsors!