iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Husky clutch cover

Started by 421Altered, October 19, 2020, 09:04:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

421Altered

I've always been a Stihl man, but this past weekend was helping a friend and he had a Husqvarna, I think a 565.  That thing was nearly impossible to put the clutch cover on!  I'm used to the Stihl type.  Are all Husky's built with this type clutch cover, and outboard clutches and also have to align marks for the chain brake handle into the clutch cover?  Thanks

sablatnic

There are three tricks to it. Slack off the chain tightener a few turns, press the brake handle slightly forward to engage the dogs, and don't activate the brake with the cover off.
If you happen to drop the cover, the brake can snap shut, and then you will have to put the cover back on the saw, push the handle forward to engage the dogs, hold the cover in, and pull back to release the brake. 
Not hard when you have done it a few times, but different to Stihl's approach, and I actuallt prefer it, because the brake is easier to clean. 

thecfarm

Must of changed something on the 565. 
My 372 is easy to put on. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Allar

On my 545 its easy peazy, takes no more than a second, i doubt that 565 is any different.
Firewood & Chainsaw videos: Firewood Warrior - YouTube

lxskllr

Sounds like it might be similar to my echo cs400. My very first day with it I threw a chain, and took the cover off to replace it. 45 minutes later, and a whole bunch of stupid, which included taking the chain brake mechanism apart, I got it back together. Lesson was the chain brake *must* be disengaged to deal with the cover. It's so much easier when you follow the prescribed procedure  :^D

421Altered

Thanks to Sablatnic and Lxskllr!  That's exactly what I was looking for!

Thank You Sponsors!