iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Suppose to be rain from this storm by morning, but only looking at 30's.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Been raining since about noon time. That rain made the ground soft. We need the rain. Tomorrow is just about the same temp as today, 40°.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

mike_belben

Quote from: HemlockKing on March 28, 2021, 02:14:01 PM
You must be on the north east Mike, we had thunder so loud I didn't even wanna go outside or sit by the window such as I normally do, we have a rainfall warning for tonight starting shortly.
just coincidence i guess. i escaped from taxachusetts to tennessee. 
Praise The Lord

HemlockKing

15 C and heavy rain ongoing this morning, the warm air is nice, 15 degrees difference(Celsius) in just 12 hours 
A1

SwampDonkey

Barely above freezing here, around 34F and rain/fog. We had mostly a freezing rain from dark to 1:00 am I think. 1/4" of ice out on the iron step rails. Just lovely weather. Going to be 40's and even a 60 ahead this week though. ;D

Big ice jam at Perth-Andover, NB so 3 schools there are closed. Three rivers come together there, so there is a lot of water coming down the main river. Plus all this rain. And just Friday they said not yet a concern. Hmmm, I think you're off the mark boys.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have 35° here. But in a valley might be freezing. Looks like Thursday and Friday will be below freezing. 
Steady rain is done.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

35F now, sun is a shine'n and the snow is turning to slushies.

That pushed snow is like wet snow balls. ;D

SwampDonkey

Well ;D :D ...Rain, snow, wind moved back in for the day. I say lake effect if we had one. Well, there is one but it's salty, Bay of Fundy. :D :D

thecfarm

The wind, the wind, the wind!!!!! 
The pond came up a lot.

HemlockKing

Quote from: thecfarm on March 29, 2021, 05:14:27 PM
The wind, the wind, the wind!!!!!
The pond came up a lot.
Wind in southern N.S. is crazy too! 50mph+ gusts the trees are just dancing in the wind. It has been nice and sunny though, was raining early but cut off around 9AM
A1

SwampDonkey

Well, all that craziness is past now, wind died down. 24F this morning. Probably a sap day. Neighbor across the road built a sugar shack last spring, but never boiled a drop yet this year. Big hobby show over there. Comments like 'oh they work so hard'. Who they comparing to? :D Moon is out with the stars. Looks like warmer temps for the next week. A little rain Thursday and maybe Monday. Take all the rain we can get after last 4 dry summers. Although we had some rain, it only rained hard for short stints up here, mostly drizzle. Yard here yesterday afternoon dried right up where I had the snow shoved off, so not super saturated by any means.

thecfarm

I have 28°. Should get up to 50 and sunny all day. I went for a little walk in the woods. Did not see much snow where I was. There is still some snow at the edge of the field. Same spot each year. Sun does not get at that area. The field is bare now. That rain did the snow in. 

doc henderson

very windy and we had about 5 grass fires around our county.  arson is suspected.  thank goodness we had all the rain.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Yesterday reached 58F here and this morning the rain has begun and 45F, a good honest rain to, not that whimpy misty stuff. ;D

woodroe

Slow and steady rain is good, had 1.25" in the rain gauge earlier in the week, along with 50 mph 
wind, sheesh, wind blows a lot lately.
One local woman was killed driving down a town rd when a very large 
Pine tree limb crashed through her windshield during the latest windstorm, tragic.
That is the second fairly local auto accident like that this past month. Another woman was impaled by a tree branch 
through the windshield but survived, freaky stuff.
Mr Bluebird showed up 2 days ago, sure sign of spring right there. Only a few patches of white left
and they are going away fast.
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Old Greenhorn

Well, I waited all day yesterday for the washout we were supposed to get and never came. We just had a mist hang in the air all day. Last night I went out to feed the shop stove at 9m through the mist and when I came out 2 minutes later, it was full on raining. We got about .1" yesterday, and today so far another .1". I hope it fills my water storage tank. I use a bunch cleaning a really nasty log on Tuesday thinking there was a lot more coming.
 Supposed to rain until mid-day when we go for our #2 covid shot. I'll see how I feel this afternoon when we get home. The show a blip of a chance of snow tonight, but I am ignoring it. Just weather guessers reading the numbers. AIn't gonna happen. Very slow warming trend coming in the next week. AT least the wind is backing down a little. Milling on Tuesday was rough, which is unusual for me here. Fine maple dust flying everywhere.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

mike_belben

we went from tornados to sunburn to heavy rains to a freeze. bet a drought pops up next month.   Tennessee gets a little of every weather with zero consistency or real plan-ability. 
Praise The Lord

Chuck White

We've had NO SNOW for weeks here, yesterday rain/drizzle all day, woke up with a little over an inch of snow this morning!

Still coming down at a pretty good clip!

Weather forecast was for an "accumulation" of snow this morning and throughout the day!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

Glad to hear the bluebirds are back. We have not seem them yet. Most times wife see them before me. She is home and I am working away from home.  :(
That was a tragic accident. Just never know what a few more seconds will do for a person.
Good on the rain!!!

HemlockKing

pouring rain in southern NS, visibility is not good just got off the roads. 
A1

SwampDonkey

April 1st ;D

And eat'n lettuce today from the indoor garden. I just gleam the lower leaves. ;D

HemlockKing

That's a beautiful landscape swamp donkey, I bet it looks even better in the midst of the summer with all the colour.
A1

SwampDonkey

The rolling hills of home. ;)

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on April 01, 2021, 01:16:05 PM
The rolling hills of home. ;)
Lucky fella. The maritimes are a hidden gem.
A1

SwampDonkey

Hard freeze here last night and it might have reached 30F all day. Flurries floating around all day, no storm.  I went to the woodlot, not much snow, maybe 8" left, seeing bare ground under the trees. 4" of ice on the woods road. I did some boundary maintenance along my north line getting ready to apply some new paint. I don't know where 4 hrs went though. :D

Thank You Sponsors!