iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Weather 2021

Started by Ianab, December 31, 2020, 11:45:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HemlockKing

Was 0F here this morning? Very unusual tarp of cold air over just shelburne county? Strange 
A1

HemlockKing

Calling for 55 and rain this weekend, ladies and gentleman, Nova Scotia. From 0F to 55 in less than 24 hr 
A1

SwampDonkey

It clouded over this morning, must be a SE breeze because a strong sulphur smell from the pulp mill 70 miles from here. Warming up. Suppose to hit 40's and rain. That means the roads will all be ice from being extremely cold.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Ayup good day for brush burning! Burn baby burn!! 

A1

wisconsitom

We can get a few inches of slush, maybe rain later, will be heavy snow up to north.  Suring area where land is can see a foot, we'll see.  Warmup mid next week though, so no real winter yet.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

Al_Smith

This being Ohio the temperature in the last week has been from 18 to over 60 degrees .Lake Erie has a lot to do with that .Funny thing being is the fact I recently replaced a faulty Geo-thermal unit with a propane furnace .With the thermostat set at 72 degrees other than testing has not ran yet .The insert wood stove has done it all which is a good trick in an L shaped house .

SwampDonkey

A little light snow falling here, but temps are climbing. I expect ice roads tomorrow. :D

I burnt a lot of brush, both times in those snow free winters. Easier to gather and a brush fire always needs pawing, cause it just burns a hole in the middle. ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

HemlockKing

Gonna light another shortly. I use a pump sprayer with diesel, stuff a little cardboard in a side, spread the fire into the deep centre by squirting diesel in there, gets it cookin. 
A1

SwampDonkey

Get a good hot fire and you can burn water to. ;D :D

HemlockKing

8)

Woohoo! Let's go onto another! 
A1

firefighter ontheside

There was lots of severe weather across Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and probably others.  Luckily for us, we had almost nothing at my house, but there were tornadoes not far from home.  One in western Illinois tore thru an occupied Amazon warehouse and apparently there were fatalities there.  I hope you all have not experienced any damage.  
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

HemlockKing

Stayed up til almost 1 am tending these. Once she gets cookin you can throw anything into there and it will disappear lol .

Warming up quickly here. Snows
Gonna melt rapidly got some
Heavy rain in a couple hours 
A1

SwampDonkey

Sure will, even aluminum roofing. :D

nativewolf

Hoping @Hogdaddy @stavebuyer and all our other KY members are ok.  Just saw that the tornadoes had been some kind of horrible.  Prayers to all.  
Liking Walnut

HemlockKing

Quote from: SwampDonkey on December 11, 2021, 09:35:43 AM
Sure will, even aluminum roofing. :D
lol Is there a interesting story behind that or just "here's some trash going into the burn pile" 
A1

SwampDonkey

Just happen to be a piece from an old tree platform that went up in an old orchard clean up fire. ;D

Looks like some sort of freezing fog here in the sky before the big rain.

wisconsitom

Thundersleet at 4:30 this morning, then a quick burst of sticky snow.  Estimate around 8 inches up at tree farm.  Go up tomorrow maybe pack it all down with tractor.  I like to pack down early snowfalls so I don't scrape all my gravel away rest of winter.  Then again, may not need to do anything-big warmup next week.
Ask me about hybrid larch!

stavebuyer

Quote from: nativewolf on December 11, 2021, 09:38:33 AM
Hoping @Hogdaddy @stavebuyer and all our other KY members are ok.  Just saw that the tornadoes had been some kind of horrible.  Prayers to all.  
We are fine but Mayfield sure is destroyed. Our previous home was less than 3 miles from the Candle factory and JD Dealer that were hit so hard.

SwampDonkey

Freezing rain here earlier, not it is just rain @33F. But still instant ice when it hits the cold ground. Plow just went with sand.

thecfarm

A mess of freezing rain here this morning, than just rain. Suppose to get up in the high 40's at midnight. Did the same thing about a week ago. But again, just a few hours of temps that warm.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

Nearly 60 here, 60mph wind gusts, all the snow is gone, got a small window tomorrow before everything freezes to the ground to pile another brush pile or 2
A1

SwampDonkey

42F with heavy wind out of the west this morning and we had heavy rains in the night. Definitely green out there.

Poor tree stand isn't heavy duty enough to hold a Christmas tree in that wind. It's not meant for wind I don't think. I'll have to get a more rugged Santa Solutions tree stand. That company was started here as Christmas Mountain Tree Stand in Perth-Andover, NB but was sold awhile back to a company in the US. Best stand ever built. That's the trouble with companies around here, they establish themselves and become successful and sell out.

thecfarm

I have 36° and a strong wind. 
We still have snow. Well it's all white here. Just about enough to say it's white. 
Snow on Wed, maybe an inch, rain on Thursday.
Looks like above freezing temps right up until Friday during daylight hours.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HemlockKing

The snow is gone, it's warm and windy, the ground is already drying out a little. Been stacking brush trying to get as much as I can in during this good window of weather 
A1

SwampDonkey

Yeah, roads are all bare and dry here.

Boss sent me a message, delivering coats for Christmas I guess. I'm coat poor. I have at least 6. Oh well, it's Christmas. :D

Thank You Sponsors!