iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily motivational quotes

Started by Walnut Beast, January 08, 2021, 06:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnut

Found an old autograph book dated 1894 in the wall of our old farmhouse when we remodeled, filled with witty sayings. The one that stuck with me...."Never trouble trouble till trouble troubles you"

My Mom's favorite saying..."Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without"

Lastly, this song by Aaron Tippin has been playing non-stop in my head lately..."You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything, you've got to be your own man not a puppet on a string..."

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

WV Sawmiller

A family friend had a little community store and had these little plaques behind the counter:

A wise monkey don't monkey with another monkey's monkey.

Maw loved Paw
Paw loved wimmin
Maw caught Paw
with two in swimmin
Here lies Paw

I think it is on a trail in 6 Flags over Ga where they have a dummy graveyard and one of the headstones has this epitaph:

"I told you I was sick"
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Walnut Beast

If someone is going down the wrong road, he doesn't need motivation to speed him up. What he needs is education to turn him around.

A-z farmer

Givers have to set limits because takers do not have any

Walnut Beast

Some great positive energy here from some great people. If your dealing with some personal issues, trying to loose a few pounds, taking your business to the next level or whatever the situation is. We have some great nuggets here from everyone. All it takes is a open mind. We all have greatness within.

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

YellowHammer

If you don't get your butt in gear, you're fired.  
YellowHammerisms:

Take steps to save steps.

If it won't roll, its not a log; it's still a tree.  Sawmills cut logs, not trees.

Kiln drying wood: When the cookies are burned, they're burned, and you can't fix them.

Sawing is fun for the first couple million boards.

Be smarter than the sawdust

A-z farmer

History is not there for you to like or dislike
It is there for you to learn from.And if it offends you,
even better .Because then you are less likely to repeat it.Its not yours to erase it belongs to all of us .

mike_belben

If you cant tie a knot, tie a lot. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

My cheapskate pollok nana would say

For free, take.  
For buy, waste time. 
Praise The Lord

Percy

Quote from: mike_belben on January 17, 2021, 09:26:03 AM
My cheapskate pollok nana would say

For free, take.  
For buy, waste time.
:D :D My pollok nana said to me when I was playing up in the hayloft close to the edge,"Porcey, dont be too much round monkey up dere.  Mabey make crooked neck"
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Walnut Beast

Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian.  
            Henry Ford

"If I'd asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses."

It is not the employer who pays the wages. Employers only handle the money. It's the customer who pays the wages.

sawguy21

If you find yourself in a hole stop digging.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

doc henderson

from Fort Hays Ks, with a German accent, " too soon olt, too late smart!"
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Walnut Beast

If you want to sail your life in a new direction, you have to first pick up the anchors of bad habits that have been weighing you down.

Darren Hardy

Walnut Beast

You must take risks, both with your own money or with borrowed money. Risk taking is essential to business growth.

J. Paul Getty 

A-z farmer

Life humbles you as you age,
You realize how much time 
You wasted on nonsense.

Cedarman

I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

hacknchop

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Often wrong never indoubt

Percy

A bird in the hand.......will give you a dirty hand....

Thomasjw4

Slow is smooth and smooth is fast.

Ohioian

Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

If a cluttered desk is a sign of a cluttered mind,of what, then, is an empty desk a sign?

You never failing you stop trying.

Albert Einstein

Percy

May you be a half an hour in heaven before the devil knows you're dead!

mike_belben

The oil might be in Oklahoma but the dipsticks are in DC. 
Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

"Show Me Your Friends, I'll show You Your Future!"

Dan Pena

Thank You Sponsors!