iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Daily motivational quotes

Started by Walnut Beast, January 08, 2021, 06:10:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

Walnut Beast

If you want more luck, take more chances. Be more active. Show up more often.

Brian Tracy

Resonator

Sounds like the old saying about music: "Playing good is all about luck, the more I play the luckier I get!"  smiley_guitarist
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Ohioian

Chuck White

Life is like a roll of toilet paper!

The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes!  ;)
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

JJ

Build a better mouse trap and the world will beat a path to your door.

-unknown
Correction per wikipedia Ralph Waldo Emerson

Magicman

An amazing 2 letter English word

A reminder that one word in the English language that can be a noun, verb, adjective, adverb and preposition.

UP

This two-letter word in English has more meanings than any other two-letter word. The word "UP". It is listed in the dictionary as an [adv.], [prep.], [adj.], [n] or [v].

It's easy to understand UP, meaning toward the sky or at the top of the list, but when we awaken in the morning, why do we wake UP?

At a meeting, why does a topic come UP? Why do we speak UP, and why are politicians UP for election and why is it UP to the secretary to write UP a report? We call UP our friends, brighten UP a room, polish UP the silver, warm UP the leftovers and clean UP the kitchen. We lock UP the house and fix UP the old car.

At other times, this little word has real special meaning. People stir UP trouble, line UP for tickets, work UP an appetite, and think UP excuses.

To be dressed is one thing but to be dressed UP is special.

And this UP is confusing: A drain must be opened UP because it is clogged UP.

We open UP a store in the morning but we close it UP at night. We seem to be pretty mixed UP about UP!

To be knowledgeable about the proper uses of UP, look UP the word UP in the dictionary. In a desk-sized dictionary, it takes UP almost 1/4 of the page and can add UP to about thirty definitions.

If you are UP to it, you might try building UP a list of the many ways UP is used. It will take UP a lot of your time, but if you don't give UP, you may wind UP with a hundred or more.

When it threatens to rain, we say it is clouding UP. Then when the sun comes out, we say it is clearing UP. When it rains, the earth soaks it UP. When it does not rain for awhile, things dry UP. One could go on and on, but I'll wrap it UP, for now . . . my time is UP!
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Walnut Beast

Very Uplifting Magicman!! 👍

JJ

Life doesn't get any better than when your only trouble is a tiny bit of meat stuck in your teeth!

-JJ

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

Yes English is a confusing language. If ewe don't think sew -

Why is a Blackberry Green when it is Red?
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Walnut Beast

Comfort makes more prisoners than all jails combined.

Grant Cardone

mike_belben

Like velvet handcuffs in a fur lined cell.  
Praise The Lord

Chuck White

Think about this one!

We cut trees DOWN, then we cut them UP!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Walnut Beast

" You can read clever motivational sayings all day-it won't replace getting off your butt and doing the hard work." 
                 Darren Hardy 

The compound effect is the principal of reaping huge rewards from a series of small, smart choices.

Darren Hardy

Walnut Beast

As long as you are alive, you will either live to accomplish your own goals and dreams or be used to accomplish someone else's.

Grant Cardone

"Those that say your dreams are ridiculous have given up on theirs."

Grant Cardone

Resonator

Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts.

- Winston Churchill
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

woodybutcher

Some days it's okay if the biggest thing you do that day is breathe. 

No matter where you go there you are

doc henderson

I bought a book with that title cause I liked it, but have never read it. :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Gere Flewelling

I may never be the man I want to be, but I thank God that I am not the man I once was.

-Billy Ray Cyrus
Old 🚒 Fireman and Snow Cat Repairman (retired)
Matthew 6:3-4

scsmith42

If you want a friend, you have to be a friend.

Jeff Smith
(RockingJL here on FF)
Peterson 10" WPF with 65' of track
Smith - Gallagher dedicated slabber
Tom's 3638D Baker band mill
and a mix of log handling heavy equipment.

mike_belben

Quote from: Gere Flewelling on January 26, 2021, 08:24:51 AM
I may never be the man I want to be, but I thank God that I am not the man I once was.

-Billy Ray Cyrus
H.C. Bowman is a preacher out of Hurt Virginia who says that in every sermon. His CDs are always on truckstop pumps all ovet the SE.  Got some good pickin and fiddlin on em.  Old time country gospel. 
Praise The Lord

armechanic

I'd like to buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he is worth.  My father old saying, I don't know where it originated.
1989 Lt 40, D6C CAT, Home made wood processer in progress.

armechanic

"People are funny'er than anybody" My Grandfather
1989 Lt 40, D6C CAT, Home made wood processer in progress.

mudfarmer

"Being underestimated is a great gift" -- some guy on a TV show

Magicman

My Dad always said; "If he paid everyone that he owed, he wouldn't have so much".
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!