iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mcculloch Power Mac 310 oil pump inop

Started by kenmpls, February 08, 2021, 01:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kenmpls

I have a McCulloch Power Mac 310, model 600042D, serial #14-014429 with an inoperative oil pump. The pump does not pump oil either with the manual button or automatically when running. The pump does not suck oil out of the oil tank. All of the hoses, oil passages, and the screen in the oil tank are clear. I removed the pump and covered the 'piston port" from the engine and the manual pump button still does not suck oil from the reservoir. I'm thinking that there must be a check valve somewhere in the pump or screen that is sticking open. Anyone know if or where a check valve is located? Is replacing the pump the only option? Thanks for any comments.

donbj

Odd that neither will work. On some old homelites the same vintage as yours I'm working on. The brass fitting that the lines connect to right at the tank is a check valve. The orings in your pump plunger might be bad too. 
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Thank You Sponsors!