iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Crabapple ID Help

Started by mmf1984, April 23, 2021, 10:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mmf1984

I just noticed this young tree's blossoms amongst a row of forsythias on our property today.  We're considering transplanting it to a different spot, but are hoping to figure out what variety it is to get an idea of how big it will grow and where it would best fit.  We're located in Central PA.  A friend offered a bunch of helpful links to transplanting and has informed me that a move might not be the best idea, so it's not 100% getting moved depending on what we can learn about this tree.  Can anyone help me out with an ID, please?

WDH

Genus is Malus.  Looks to be Malus angustifolia, crabapple, but could be some sort of horticultural variety of flowering crabapple.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

kantuckid

We have a Southern Crab, wild and self planted and old in front of our house. It's got a different leaf than yours and a darker pink flower bud prior to opening. leaves much like a regular apple. It so frangrant that the smell covers a very long ways-like a perfume factory outside!
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Thank You Sponsors!