iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Covid-19 Vaccine Side Effects survey

Started by Ljohnsaw, May 03, 2021, 03:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kantuckid

Only men fart? I doubt that factoid. For the record, my wifes sense of smell & hearing easily exceeds a German Shepards! Really. ;D
On the vaccine reactions: We both had overt, nasty reactions from #2 Moderna, fever, aching joints, very tired and so on. Our recent #3 booster of Moderna, 50mg's, we neither had any reaction at all other than a sore spot near the injection. My shoulder it bruised badly for some reason? I guess she hit a vessel in there as the Band-Aid was full of blood and still bruised some after several weeks but not sore.

Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

SwampDonkey

Only way you'd know if a vein was struck is if she aspirated, which is the proper way to give it. ;)  

You could get a little swelling for awhile at the injection I think, not associated with hitting a vein.

As far as blood, anyone bleeds if they are pricked with a needle and still breathing. ;)

Bruising might be sign of striking something on the way in.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

kantuckid

I self-inject weekly so have a goodly grasp of injections plus 10+ yrs of military shots was several. As a kid I had a thyroid defficiency which included two shots a week for two years back then-yes I've had a bunch of shots. The cortisone shot in the shoulder is a joy to behold. They go for the joint to place it well, doc said if it hurts he's done well. ;D
That booster shoulder has titanium cable like a ballot box with an X in it wrapped on 4 screws. I told her to watch out for the hardware which she'd done by going for the meat. Given I'm doing PT on the other shoulder I wanted to keep the vaccine away from it. 
The 3rd booster was basically pain free shot. 

TroyC

Got the Moderna booster last week. Had the J&J back in April.

No reactions at all from the J&J. The Modena gave me a sore arm for 2 days even though the shot was painless.

So far, so good!

mike_belben

I hated cortizone in the shoulder.  Never helped me either. 
Praise The Lord

SwampDonkey

Mom's uncle got too much cortizone, he got a lot of fluid as a reaction. He was seriously arthritic. This was back in the 60's and they probably didn't know what they know now.

As far as arthritis goes, mother has never needed a Tylenol since she has been taking 3000 IU's of Vit D a day. No, it's not a cure when you've already got it, but it sure improves things.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

kantuckid

Quote from: mike_belben on December 24, 2021, 09:19:41 AM
I hated cortizone in the shoulder.  Never helped me either.
I got my 9th left knee cortisone shot on 12/22. The shots are not all the same contents of the three common ingredients, but most all joint shots have a touch of lidocaine for immediate pain relief. I tend to gain mostly full use of that knee for about 75-80% of the 3 month intervals between shots.  
As a CTS guy dating back to 20+ years from surgeries and long before that as a sufferer, a good hand doc tries all the non-surgical stuff first, like use, splints, meds, so on. In my case the wrist shots did zero. For my wife it was like sort of a cure.
I'll do my rt shoulder 3 month shot in a week and will proceed even though PT is helping too. My therapist says his manipulation indicates a partial tear of the cuff, even though x-rays show none. Given both shoulders have much age/use related osteo I'm thinking try one in both sides this visit. The shoulder shot has to be delivered well into the joint and a bitch to get, whereas my knee shot is way more superficial. Since I'm bone on bone on one "knuckle" of my femur he directs the knee shot more so toward that side.
It's been several years since my last trigger finger shot and bouts with that have gone away on their own since then. With it, I learned that there's a huge difference in technique to deliver the shot into the areas that help, having used two practitioners.
My main thought is they can help a lot so never base your own needs on others experience with the shots as results are a variable. How the shot helps or doesn't is a major aspect of each shot visit I do with my knee. Once quality of life is just not there then we talk surgery.
Mu shoulder doc said it was new joint or PT so given that shoulder joints don't offer full return to normal use-I'm a PT person.  
Back to covid shots, a well worn subject? 

Ed_K

I got the booster back on the 15th no problems  :) .
Ed K

WDH

I got the booster on Thursday.  Arm was sore for a day then better.  A bit tired Thursday night but no big deal.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

woodroe

Both the wife and I have had 2 doses of Moderna plus a booster.
Me, sore arm for a couple/three days .
Wife, flu like symptoms all three times, fever ,chills etc. for a few days , the booster only for a day or two. 
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Magicman

PatD got her Booster a couple of weeks ago but I was sawing at the time.  I got my Booster last Sunday afternoon but I forgot to let my arm hang limp.  I actually felt the jab plus there was more soreness this time.  No mater because I have no sawing scheduled until next year.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dan_Shade

I received the moderna booster last week, sore arm was about it.

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Brucer

Barb & I got our boosters on Dec 5. Our original 2 shots were Pfizer-BionTech but this time were were given a choice: either Pfizer or Moderna. The nurses told us the Moderna booster offered slightly better protection so we both decided (without consulting) to go with the Moderna.

I had recently reviewed the product monographs and we were told seemed to fit with what I'd read: both products gave similar results as first and second doses, but the Moderna might be better as a booster.

It also turns out the Moderna (as a booster) has less severe side effects.

In our cases it amounted to a slightly sore arm (tender to the touch) and a general feeling the next day of being tired with achy muscles and joints. Actually, that isn't too far off our usual winter normal anyway :D.

One interesting thing for me -- after the second shot in my left arm, my shoulder remained sore for over 6 months; not at the injection site but at the top of my arm. I'd feel it any time I lifted anything. I asked to get the booster in my right arm, and now, 3 weeks later, the pain in my left shoulder is fading rapidly (and no, the pain didn't transfer to my other arm ;D). There's no way to know if this is a cause-and-effect situation, or just coincidence.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

SwampDonkey

For me, I've always had shoulder pain for at least 10 years now, in the shoulder joints. My brother and cousin have as well. A lot of lifting in our younger days. Mine was mainly from lifting a heavy snow blower out of or into my RAV4. I do have a firmer spot at the injection site (Pfizer), but no pain from it or mark anywhere. I figure the same thing when we had shots years ago, lots of us have a permanent mark there that will always be there. That was years ago. ;) I also get neck pain and stiffness, but that started years before any shots. Most likely Arthur. All that combined doesn't make for the best sleep. :D Again, nothing to do with the shots. Aging ain't for sissies and at an earlier time, 3 generations back, you weren't far from the grave yard. Great grandfathers and uncles never reached 60, hard workers every one of them. Living out of a lean to when working in the woods looks quaint on movies and Youtube pretend prepper types. Do it 30 years and see how it goes. Only get a nice bed back home on Sunday. :D :D

Ed_K

Rita an I are all jabbed up first two were pfizer boost was modurna, neither of us had any reactions or side effects.
Ed K

SwampDonkey

Ma and I are going in Thursday afternoon for a boost.

Ricker

Had Moderna 1&2 and booster.  Never had any reaction with any of them.

SwampDonkey

Moderna booster Thursday. I feel fine, just the usual injection site soreness.

Another thing to note, 6600 procedures in New Brunswick have taken a back seat to COVID. Unbelievable, would you not say? I'd say that is a side effect at the highest magnitude.

doc henderson

only a few pharmacies received the new oral antiviral.  sold out in 3 days at my wifes pharmacy and will get restocked every 2 weeks with whatever they have.  running out of monoclonal.  we are still primarily delta.  I had a doc candidate here for 2 days and slept all afternoon yesterday and all night.  I kind of feel rested up now.  worked 10/12 days, 12-hour shifts.  went in for a few hours in addition to help.  we have an app out as his wifes family all have covid.  he is vaccinated and feels ok but tested +.  another app is neg., but her husband and daughter tested +.  If too many are +, we will work anyway.  Hope this decreases soon.  We get some patient complaints that they had to wait 3 hours and then put in a hallway bed.  Do they not watch the news, or the wrong news?  They cannot understand why they have to wait.   Lots of people talking of quitting medicine all together.  with omicron, we should see everyone getting infected, even the vaxed and I hope that with less severe illness. shut this thing down.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Southside

No Doc - people do not watch the news or pay attention, it's amazing some remember to breathe.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

doc henderson

thank God.  cause you know they would go to the ED to find out what was wrong!   :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

kantuckid

Quote from: Southside on January 08, 2022, 07:04:42 AM
No Doc - people do not watch the news or pay attention, it's amazing some remember to breathe.  
Those who do tend to watch "their version of the news"? My point is that media providers are very polarized, it's certainly no secret.
Kind of a pick your party thing for sure.
Every one of our local news sources you'll hear the one version, none have the other version. As newspapers have declined or gone away entirely, the few left that rely on skeleton crews use a source like Bloomberg or whomever for most of whats there. The age of a balanced newspaper is long gone. The big ones have a tad of balance but mostly not. I know this as I read them in my senior years when times at hand. I actually find purpose in reading stuff that pisses me off to be blunt about the subject. I'd give examples but don't want to be banned ;D here.
Read something, yeh-only if it's on their cell phone...  :D
Then we have the CDC, WHO and all the "scientific" info which often conflicts with real doctors information. Few days ago I heard a local TV station play clips from two local doctors who were flat out wrong in the covid information they'd given and I'm not talking opinions either on my end.
Thats part of what killed the other covid thread here.

Our local and only close hospital has no supply of covid treatments per last nights TV news. First time they have been on that news in my memory.  

Thank You Sponsors!