iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

2021 Annual Forestry Forum Pig Roast August 6 & 7th, 2021!

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2021, 11:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

firefighter ontheside

I did well on the Manistee.  Had a little trouble with fly only section.  I may or may not have broken the rule there.  I thought about running up to the Au Sable this morning, but decided it was too far of a drive since I only planned to fish for the morning time.  Doc Henderson and OldGreenhorn arrived here at campground around 11.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Ron Scott

Yes, the Au Sable and its South Branch are well known also, but a longer drive. The Little Manistee is also within range.
~Ron

Resonator

OG, Doc Watson would be proud of that version. smiley_thumbsup

Got a few wood and string things packed up, and extra picks for Saturday morning. I'm heading out first thing tomorrow from the land of cheese, and "Lord willin' and the creek don't rise" (old saying ;)), plan to be at Jeff's Friday night. (Not sure what time, last time I went there all the clocks were an hour off. ???)
Safe travels everyone, and pray for good weather! smiley_sun

Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

DbltreeBelgians

Well I'm gonna be late to the campground
guys. I'm at General RV at the Birch Run exit of I-75 getting 4 new tires on the 5th wheel. Noticed one leaking when I pulled in to the rest area at Clio. Had cracks in the tread. Threw the spare on and found this place and pulled in and said change all 4. Better safe than sorry.
See ya in a while. 

Brent

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: DbltreeBelgians on August 05, 2021, 05:26:21 PM
guys. I'm at General RV at the Birch Run exit of I-75 getting 4 new tires on the 5th wheel. Noticed one leaking when I pulled in to the rest area at Clio. Had cracks in the tread. Threw the spare on and found this place and pulled in and said change all 4. Better safe than sorry.
See ya in a while.

Brent
Just passed you! See you there.
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on August 05, 2021, 05:47:15 PM
See ya in a while.

Brent
Order me a cold one. I'm hot, sweaty, and getting real thirsty.
Brent

Kingcha

Well I had been planning on coming down this Saturday but things have changed and I will not be able to make it sadly.   So Minus 1

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

terrifictimbersllc

Quote from: DbltreeBelgians on August 05, 2021, 05:55:36 PM
Quote from: terrifictimbersllc on August 05, 2021, 05:47:15 PM
See ya in a while.

Brent
Order me a cold one. I'm hot, sweaty, and getting real thirsty.
Brent
What site you at?
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Tacotodd

I know that I haven't been responsive in the last day (about) but I've been getting a little bit of stuff together and now the wife just got home from work. She's off tomorrow and I don't have to worry about it. We might get there early AM, or it'll be at the roast LATE PM Friday. Whew...

Now she's making some dinner stuff because of higher than we'd like prices for on-road chow. We see y'all when we get there!
Trying harder everyday.

Tacotodd

Well well well, we're are just minutes from actually leaving the house to go THAT way! Just thought that everyone would appreciate that little update. 

Man, I want to BE there already!
Trying harder everyday.

terrifictimbersllc

firefighter ontheside

@Tacotodd I would think it will be late evening when you roll into here.  I left St Louis area around 7 in morning and got here at 7 local time.  Of course I had 3 stops for fuel and food.  Mileage isn't that great pulling the camper.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Tacotodd

I was predicting for myself late this PM, but we're-a-gitten-there!
Trying harder everyday.

terrifictimbersllc

Caller's got two walnut trees, have to be cut down, she planted 43 yrs ago, hates to think of them being turned into chips, can I help...........

Old Greenhorn

Just before we met yesterday I got a call inquiring about framing lumber. It never stops.  :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

caveman

I hope y'all are enjoying Jeff's shindig.  I hope to be able to attend one of these days.  If any of you get an opportunity, post some pictures of our Forestry Forum friends' fellowship with some descriptions of the events.  
Caveman

olcowhand

Thanks for a great event Jeff, Tammy and Crew!
It was great to see some folks that we've met before, as well as putting faces to names to handles of new acquaintances.
A word of acknowledgement (and Thanks) to all who supported and participated in the Door Prize event.
The Corporate Sponsors and all who donated items made it a very special time.
A special shout out to @doc henderson who made some very nice CharcaterieChaurcuterieCharkutery- "Food Display/ Serving" Boards. The different Wood Species and engraving were very unique and entertaining.
Again, thanks to all who made it such a great event! Prayers for all to have a safe journey home.
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

jb616

Quote from: olcowhand on August 08, 2021, 06:22:37 AM
Thanks for a great event Jeff, Tammy and Crew!
It was great to see some folks that we've met before, as well as putting faces to names to handles of new acquaintances.
A word of acknowledgement (and Thanks) to all who supported and participated in the Door Prize event.
The Corporate Sponsors and all who donated items made it a very special time.
A special shout out to @doc henderson who made some very nice Charcaterie, Chaurcuterie, Charkutery- "Food Display/ Serving" Boards. The different Wood Species and engraving were very unique and entertaining.
Again, thanks to all who made it such a great event! Prayers for all to have a safe journey home.
Steve
Well said @olcowhand , I will second that. I met new friends and made connections to those who have posted over the years. I have ideas for projects that will keep me busy for quite awhile. Great time!

Resonator

Pics from the Pig Roast:

Pig carving time drew a crowd, cause when that's done, it's time to yum yum!

Jeff's "Slanty - Shanty" (NOT an outhouse!) :D

MR Truck loaded with door prizes.

Ol Cowhand brought some of his silverware sculptures, I've never seen a more life like spoon-man!

Great crowd Saturday with members and their families, and blessed with comfortable temps and not a drop of rain.

And my own thanks to "Doc Henderson" for bringing out his Dobro and jamming on some tunes with me, also thanks to "Timberline" and his wife for bring his guitar, and her violin, and making some music too!

Big thanks to Jeff and his whole family for setting everything up, and making enough food to feed an army! Was great to meet all the members, and really looking forward to the next one!
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

olcowhand

Quote from: Resonator on August 08, 2021, 07:42:51 PMOl Cowhand brought some of his silverware sculptures, I've never seen a more life like spoon-man!

Thanks for the compliment, Resonator.
That particular piece stayed at Jeff & Tammy's. I think they liked it too.
Everyone had very nice things to say about my sculptures, and Jeff even restocked my Raw Materials inventory of silverware! Thanks again!
Steve
Olcowhand's Workshop, LLC

They say the mind is the first to go; I'm glad it's something I don't use!

Ezekiel 36:26-27

WDH

That old saw bones looks good holding that Dobro. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

doc henderson

@WDH you were missed, but your absence is understood.  God, Country, Family.  then forestry forum.  We felt you there in spirit, and the absence of a base line was not lost on us, either!  :) God bless!  Sir.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

firefighter ontheside

I wish all members were able to attend, but we all have our priorities and as Doc said, FF sure should not come before family.  Maybe we will see you at the next one Danny.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Thank You Sponsors!