iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

AMSOIL Products

Started by shopteacher, April 13, 2005, 11:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shopteacher

I'm thinking of changing my crankcases over to syn oil and got some info on Amsoil products.  They sound really good although a little pricy. Anybody use their product in their car, truck, tractor, sawmill?
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

moosehunter

Hi Teach,

I have been using Amsoil for 15 years, selling it retail for 10. What sold me on it was my old plow truck. When I would try to use that truck at -10 deg it was near imposible to shift the transfer case. The standard trans wasn't much easier. A friend talked me into trying amsoil. I put it in all of the lubed workings of the truck. The truck started easier when cold and the transfer case/transmission shifted like it was +70 degrees!
I run the 100-1 two stroke oil in my chain saws mixed at 70-1. Much less smoke than original oil. No maintanence problems.
I change the amsoil in my truck once a year.
We have a customer with a power stroke with the Amsoil by-pass system. He has an oil anaylisis done every 10000 miles. he is over thirty thousand miles now and the test come back fine.
I hate to sound like a comercial, but it is good stuff.
Moosehunter
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

tnlogger

teach  i've been using amsoil in saws and trucks  i like it but i use stock filter and change every 3months or 6 thousand miles.  I have an old wisconson welder that before amsoil would overheat after 10 or 15 min
thats why i tried amsoil made a big differents.
Its high but i wouldent use any thing else. just my 2cents.
                                                                                gene
gene

Sawing Logz

I also am using it my Dodge Cummin's. Changed oil at 10000 mile's and it still looked new. The Turbo Diesel Register recomends it for most applications. I will be putting it in my Timber Harvester ( 30 HP Diesel )  in about 30 hours. They recomend a break in period with regular moter oil to get a good fit and finish. I am also looking into the 2 filter set up for my Dodge. I'M SOLD.

Jeff
City Forrest Treecycler

J_T

Yep my son has the two filter set up . Uses 0-w30 says it's the best thing since sliced bread :D :D
Jim Holloway

shopteacher

Sounds like it must do what they claim from what your teling meso I think I'll give it a go. Thanks for the reports.

Gary_C

I have never used Amsoil products, but this winter I had a semi tractor that had to sit in the woods at night when it was 20+ below zero and barely above zero during the day. The first  morning it would barely turn over. It took all day with a generator plugged into the block heater and a magnetic heater on the pan to get it running. After I warmed the engine up, I drained the oil (Shell Rotella 15W-40) and refilled with a Cenex 5W-40 Synthetic. Started easily every morning after that even though the temps were even colder one morning after that.  I have now switched all of my engines over to that Cenex synthetic oil.  It cost over ten dollars/gallon in jugs, but I buy it now in bulk delivered for just over $8/gal.

The local dealer for International said they have switched to all synthetics in the truck  transmissions and differentials and it does make a big difference.

Gary
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

submarinesailor

Shopteacher,

Been using AMSOIL for about 25 years.  Believe it or not, but before I got rid of my 300 cid 1983 Ford Bronco, it had 234,000 miles on the motor and it still got 20.7 miles to the gallon.  The only reason I traded it in was that very thing else on it was failing.  Stuff like the clutch arm had a hole worn thru it - $115 for a new one.  However, the motor always ran great.  Have run AMSOIL in many other motors, transmissions and rear ends and never had a failure.  Currently running 15W-40 in my F250 SD power stoke and in the new JD 4520.   Also running the 10W-30 in the WM LT15.  If you have any more questions about their products, let me know.

subsailor

shopteacher

Subsailor what boat are you with?  My brother was on the Robert E Lee.  I think that was the boat.  He stills lives out bu Puget Sound.

submarinesailor

Rode the USS Woodrow Wilson for 5 years, USS Henry L. Stimson for 3.5 years and then rode all the diffrent boats that came and went  in Kingsbay, GA for 3 years.

Thank You Sponsors!