iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Score Of The Day Thread

Started by mike_belben, December 15, 2021, 09:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DbltreeBelgians

Quote from: firefighter ontheside on January 05, 2022, 05:32:37 PM
That is a score @UncleMoustache free seeds and you had so many that you could share.

I've been posting about this all week, but today was the day I was finally able to get out of the house and go get my new to me Stihl MS362.  I tried to pay the guy's asking price and he gave me $25 back, even after I had asked him to hold it for me until i was out of quarantine.  There have probably been better deals on a 362, but for me it was the score of the week.  This thing is 10 years old, at least since the date of manufacture.  Maybe it sat on a shelf for a while.  It is in like new condition and I love it.  
Glad you're out of quarantine Bill. 8)  That's the real score of the YEAR!!
I hope the kids and dad are doing well also.

Brent

firefighter ontheside

Thanks Brent.  Dad is doing well too.  He and I were out cutting some logs today to check out the new saw.  A few days ago he said that his sense of taste was gone, but today he said its back.  The boys are doing well.  Sean was completely unphased by covid.  Liam has been sleeping a lot, so today I made him go outside on a few walks and get some fresh air.  He will go back to school tomorrow.  Sean can't go back until next week.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

DbltreeBelgians

That's good news Bill. Found out yesterday that one of my firefighters is in the hospital with it. I knew he had it early last week and told him to go get the infusion. He told me "I'll be fine". I called him today and he could barely talk but again told me "I'll be fine" headscratch

Brent

DbltreeBelgians

Sorry for the hijack, now back to your regularly scheduled programming 

Brent

Corley5

Going to look at a possible score in the AM.  I'm thinking it'll be good 8) 8)  More to come tomorrow ;) ;D :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Corley5 on January 05, 2022, 08:42:58 PM
Going to look at a possible score in the AM.  I'm thinking it'll be good 8) 8)  More to come tomorrow ;) ;D :)
Now that's just cruel! :D :D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

nativewolf

Don't let @bargemonkey see this thread...opps too late
Liking Walnut

hacknchop

Quote from: aigheadish on December 30, 2021, 10:35:57 AM
Good eye on the barn, it's really neat! If I'm remembering correctly it was built, maybe as a warehouse, for the Miami and Erie Canal that ran kind of right through the FIL's property from the mid 1800's through the early 1900's, there is an old lock a few hundred yards from his house (not on his property) that we've checked out a few times.

I was visiting friends in Ohio 10 yrs ago and my friend the now late Charlie Skiles took me to see a park which was all about the Miami and Erie Canal had to either make a donation or pay a small admission cant remember which but it was very interesting to say the least, i wonder if its the same place you mentioned near your in laws.
Often wrong never indoubt

BargeMonkey

Quote from: nativewolf on January 05, 2022, 09:05:19 PM
Don't let @bargemonkey see this thread...opps too late
😆🤦‍♂️.... I wear a yalmuka under my Deere hat, I sniff the scores out... I think I'm buying 2x 460s and a Hood, when it washes out the Hood was FREE... 

biggkidd

Great thread I love cheap junk to other people that's often gold to me. For example I have been wanting my neighbors old 1970 D4 ever since we moved here 14 years ago. Then one day he mentioned he was tired of trying to find someone to haul it. I asked haul it where? He replies to the scrap yard. I said NOooooo I want it to use. I knew it had problems but I also knew it had some life left in it. So I asked what he wanted for it and about fell over when he answered $800. I drove it 1.5 miles down our old logging road home after replacing the leaky fuel filter and jump starting it. It runs and works BUT needs a head gasket among other things. It has an external water leak from the gasket I believe. I've been using it as is and keeping water in it. lol  

ETA: It paid for itself the first afternoon I had it and cleared about a half acre.
Echo 330 T, Echo 510, Stihl Farm Boss, Dolmar 7900, Jinma 354 W/ FEL, & TPH Backhoe, 1969 M35A2,  1970 Cat D4
Building a Band Mill  :)

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

aigheadish

@hacknchop While it's possible my guess it it's not exactly the same place, the specific lock I'm talking about is basically in someone's back yard. I'd imagine there are remnants of the canal all over though. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Corley5

My new to me firewood processor engine.  I get everything from the engine mounts up and radiator back to the Love Joys.  Sweet running 30hp Kubota diesel.  55lbs of oil pressure when warmed up.  No more Honda gas engines.  They're pulling it tomorrow and I'll pick it up then if our schedules work out.  The engine was installed on this CRD processor to replace an 80hp JD.  It was never right after that.  Too much pump for this engine.  The fella retired and my buddy bought the machine.  He's in the process of retrofitting a Deutz f4l912 from a Ditch Witch on to the machine.  They're pulling that engine now.  When done he's going to flip it.  This Bota will be just right on my Block Buster.

Southside

Very nice - guess in a way that's better than the full size, working, original, Pac Man game I envisioned you picking up at a yard sale.   :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

mike_belben

Heck yeah congrats on that gem corley
Praise The Lord

Corley5

They got it off this afternoon and I ran back over to Afton and retrieved it 8)  I figure to make a stand for it out of the processor scrap tubing from last spring and set it off independent of the machine.  I need to check the mounting pattern of the pump.  I think it may be a direct bolt on to the bell housing 8) 8)   I can do away the jack shaft and Love Joys.  As I remember the Honda has a 1 1/8" crankshaft and the pump is 1" so I get two different coupler halves.  The Bota has a 1" diameter rubber mounted drive inside the bell housing.  That's a 1" shaft stubbed out of it.  It would be too easy to pull that shaft out, slip the pump on and bolt it down.  I've got my fingers crossed.

Corley5

Pac Man was restored and worked for a while but he's down again.  Waiting on the insurance company again and still ::) >:(

mike_belben

Looks like an SAE-A pump mount from here
Praise The Lord

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Corley5

Quote from: mike_belben on January 06, 2022, 06:39:37 PM
Looks like an SAE-A pump mount from here
SAE B on this engine and the Honda/present pump  8) 8)The Kubota has a Lovejoy torsional coupler on the flywheel.  If my pump doesn't have a 1" shaft I should be able to get the right coupler.  There's a chance the pump may have a 7/8' shaft.

biggkidd

Echo 330 T, Echo 510, Stihl Farm Boss, Dolmar 7900, Jinma 354 W/ FEL, & TPH Backhoe, 1969 M35A2,  1970 Cat D4

mike_belben

If it steers.and pulls, thats a $10k machine here, problems and all
Praise The Lord

biggkidd

Well like I said it's already paid for itself here. I cleared another place beside my house and  I am now getting 2 more hours of sun on my panels. That's worth a lot to us. Plus to be completely honest it's a fun toy. I know when I was a kid I always wanted to play with full size tonka toys and now I can.  8)
Quote from: mike_belben on January 07, 2022, 10:29:31 AMthats a $10k machine here

That explains why one fella already tried to buy it for $7500.

mike_belben

Keep it until its dead dead.  Given enough time youll get your 7500 in a meticulous partout. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!