iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

4" bar chainsaw

Started by handhewn, December 17, 2021, 12:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

handhewn

I've recently been using a new STIHL elect. cordless chainsaw with a 4" bar. WOW what a handy tool. It's no bigger or heavier than a cordless drill. I've been using it at the sawmill for bumping knots, cutting out pieces of wood jammed in machinery, etc.. I just took it on a back packing hike into the ISHI Wilderness. Wow what a handy tool for clearing trails. cutting firewood, clearing campsites et. Wife was so impressed she bought us both one. She uses it for trimming odd knobs off firewood, yard work, etc.. The little battery lasts longer than I expected. I love this tool.

Tom King

I had to go looking for it.

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/technology/gta-26/

That battery looks an awfully lot like a Milwaukee M12.  It would be especially nice if they were interchangable.

What's the price?--Looks like $180 at Ace.

WV Sawmiller

Looks very interesting. Does it use a common chain or are you going to be required to get it from Sthil? I have used there 12V chain sharpeners and their threaded shaft stones are unique to them while others make sharpeners that use a common use smooth shaft stone or can use the ones from Stihl. 

I like the concept.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

stavebuyer

I bought my wife the HSA 26 hand held trimmer(hedge clipper and grass trimmer heads) a couple years back. Shares the same battery as the mini-saw trimmer. Very handy for detail work and has impressive battery life.

handhewn

They are about $180 or more if you add extra batteries, chains, etc.. It looks to be a standard chain. It must use some new generation battery as I am amazed at how long that little tiny battery lasted.

47sawdust

I just purchased the Milwaukee hatchet 12volt cousin of that saw. Supposedly for my wife but we know how that goes.
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

Jeff

Oh boy, anudder I want one.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

K-Guy

I can see these showing up on construction sites all over. It looks very handy.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Thank You Sponsors!