iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Being a "Forumite"

Started by SawyerTed, January 25, 2022, 04:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SawyerTed

So I was looking around at the stats area at the bottom of the main forum page.

Apparently, those who are members here are officially Forumites versus Guests.  Of course Guests can be both a Forumite and a Guest when not logged in.

I knew I am a member here but did not know I am a Forumite until today. :o :D  Oddly enough, I found out I am a Forumite exactly 4 years since becoming a member here.  

Being a Forumite has been and continues to be educational!
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Old Greenhorn

Man, I thought you were a 'long timer' when I joined, but you just have 8 months or so on me. It's been a fun ride so far and except for that facial tick I seem to have picked up, it's all been good! :D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

Tom,

If you need help there are a bunch of us here who can offer you some suggestions on how to fix the problem.  :D :D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on January 25, 2022, 05:53:00 PM
Tom,

If you need help there are a bunch of us here who can offer you some suggestions on how to fix the problem.  :D :D
I'm not certain, but I think that's how I got the tick in the first place.
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

SawyerTed

I suppose I had a different vision in mind when I posted about being a Forumite.  Something like the "rights and responsibilities" of being a Forunite.  But the trials and tribulations are fair game too.  :D

Hello my name is Ted, I'm a Forumite....
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

WV Sawmiller

Ted,

Have you tried sawdust milk shakes? I hear they help.

Tom,

Have you tried Flea and Tick collars? They work good on Sampson, my Rat Terrier and world famous catfish hound.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

firefighter ontheside

Well, I guess I've been a forumite for about 7 1/2 years.  I never knew.  I'm rarely a guest.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

SawyerTed

I've had plenty of sawdust grit in my Nabs and Sundrop?  And my pockets seem to forever have sawdust and lumber crayons in them. 

thecfarm

Quote from: SawyerTed on January 25, 2022, 06:43:27 PM
and I have a sawing problem   :D
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SawyerTed

A "wood problem" might not be exactly accurate.......or maybe it is!  :D :D

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: SawyerTed on January 25, 2022, 06:43:27 PM
Hi Ted. ;D
Sorry, my bad, I misunderstood To your point, yes, no doubt this has been educational to say the very least. In fact I would go further and say that I would not be doing what I am doing today were it not for the forum. Oh sure, I'd be stumbling along in the same general direction, but the folks here cut years off my learning curve and some have become good friends, both online and in person. It's hard to quantify that kind of value.

SawyerTed

Tom. No apologies necessary.  It's the nature of the online world we live in today.   If we don't recognize how others can go a different way, then we are in for a lot of online hurt feelings.  

As for that ticking.....could it be too much coffee and FF? :D

Jeff

Just so you all know, once registered, you will glow under special black light.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

WV Sawmiller

Maybe its from the halo. :D
Howard Green

SawyerTed

Forumite like a rock?  First cousin of phosphorite?

Jeff

Yooperlite I have one here.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on January 25, 2022, 07:43:34 PM
Just so you all know, once registered, you will glow under special black light.
Well, that might explain some things.

beenthere

Quote It's been a fun ride so far and except for that facial tick I seem to have picked up,

I figured right off when I read that that (tom) it was WV Sawmiller  :D :D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SawyerTed

Quote from: Jeff on January 25, 2022, 08:25:59 PM
Yooperlite I have one here.
Sounds like a flavorless beer.... :D

Nebraska

Hmm I will have to check with the black light I have at the office and see if I glow.  

terrifictimbersllc

Better than being an Alemite.  :laugh:
DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

Brucer

And here I thought "forumite" was something Australians spread on their toast ;).
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

SawyerTed

Forumite not exactly like Masonite 

Larry

If one has been here since the beginning of time, they change from a Forumite into a Stalagmite......just saying.....I might be in that category. :D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

Jeff

Have any of you folks went back and looked T the reason for joining for people that have been here so long we didn't require a reason? The years before the internet forum spammer explosion.  

That was some of my finest work here. :)

Thank You Sponsors!