iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Loose Wire

Started by whittle1, March 11, 2022, 07:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whittle1

Just wanted to send out a big thanks to whomever posted an issue with a loose connection on a Nyle 200. It was cold and snowing here today so I thought it would be a good time to check it out. I haven't installed it yet and its in a heated shop so perfect time. The unit was fine no loose wires or connections. Pulled the cover of the controller and started checking all the screws on the terminal strips all good. Moved to the contactor for the compressor and couldn't get to the screws without releasing it from the mounting plate when I rocked it over to get to the screws one of the wires just fell out. This was the only loose wire but could have been very bad. 
Wish I new who posted it would like for him to know he saved me a big potential problem.

K-Guy

Hi Wayne
We apologize for missing that. We do our best to ensure that doesn't happen but sometimes we miss it.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

K-Guy

It was also pointed out to me that sometimes they can loosen in shipping, so it isn't a bad idea to check on them when installing the kiln.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

whittle1

I worked in a sawmill for years and it wasn't uncommon to find loose wires from time to time. you just hoped you found them before the insulation burned off. We used infrared cameras to find hot spots monthly and always had a few to repair.

Thank You Sponsors!